[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are your worst decisions this year?

gbpackersfan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disgusted with Chris Johnson and also with my utterly stupid pick of him with the second pick in draft.

I'm kicking myself for knowingly allowing rookie sensation DeMarco Murray to go to another team when I felt like CJ was going to finally kick it in, as all the pros were predicting when they had him ranked as HIGH AS NUMBER 1 or 2 on his supposed come back week.

Horrible decision for me to NOT trade CJ when I could as I had two teams ready to deal for a quality WR.

I put way too much trust in Brandon Marshall as my number one WR who has vastly underperformed for a #1 WR. He's the 15th highest scoring WR in our league and he's my best WR. I know better than to take WR studs on bad teams with bad QBs. I also know that in a 10 team league who starts 3 WRs, that WR is a super important roster spot.

Now, with the 5th most points in my league, I sit at 2-7 because of bad matchups and bad decisions, and virtually no chance to make the playoffs.

I have to blame nobody but myself for poor decisions all beginning on draft day.

:wacko:

1. Drafting DeMarco Murray and dropping him before the season started.

2. Trading Arian Foster for Kenny Britt just before the start of Wk 3 games. I got 9 minutes and 1 fumble out of Britt before he destroyed his knee.

3. Picking up Cassel in Wk 7 for his 2 pt stinker at Oakland.

4. Picking up Chiefs D last week for their 0 pt stinker vs Miami.

5. Dropping Roy Helu last week for the Bills D for their Wk 11 matchup vs Miami.

My season was doomed, when I decided to base my draft on the Huddle projections. I should have learned my lesson last year.

I should wait until all players have had their bye weeks. However, I have a lot of time now, because my teams are all DOA. I drafted 14 different starters in three leagues. Players that I have in multiple leagues are only counted once, and I'm not counting kickers or non-starters. I used MyHuddle to input my scoring rules. I tweeked the projected points to account for some scoring rules that are not available at MyHuddle. I am absolutely certain that I accurately converted their projections to my scoring rules. Today I compared the projected rank at draft time with the actual rank in my leagues. Matt Forte is the only playter of the fourteen who is ranked higher than projected. Vick, Rice, Foster, Marshall, Williams (TBB), M. Lewis, Giants def, McFadden, V. Jackson, M. Austin, Romo, Mendenhall and Winslow have all underperformed.

When all of the teams have had their bye weeks, some of these will move up. However, none of them will be where they were projected to be. Foster and Mendenhall have not had their bye week, so they will drop further in the rankings. Some of this is due to injury, but with the exception of Austin that doesn't explain the discrepency. Some people would say that Austin's injury is no surprise. I think next year I will get my projections from one of those people.

easy to answer, around week 3-4 I had the offer for this trade:

I give up Larry Fitz and Felix Jones to get Cam Newton and AJ Green.

the idea that Fitz was a better player than AJ Green and the idea that Felix Jones was a starting RB and the question if Cam was this years Mike Vick were not known at the time. If I had made this trade I would be have won several more games.

Going in to the draft thinking I really wanted to come away with Jimmy Graham and then taking Vernon Davis while Graham was still available. (Not to mention aa few other TE's that are outperforming Davis that were also available.)

I needed WR help. After seeing Painter play better then Collins after he went down. I thought I'll target Collie and Garcon (Not a bad idea) with Greg Olsen as trade bait of course you can probably guess which one I got. Collie owner bit first ouch.

My season was doomed, when I decided to base my draft on the Huddle projections. I should have learned my lesson last year.

I should wait until all players have had their bye weeks. However, I have a lot of time now, because my teams are all DOA. I drafted 14 different starters in three leagues. Players that I have in multiple leagues are only counted once, and I'm not counting kickers or non-starters. I used MyHuddle to input my scoring rules. I tweeked the projected points to account for some scoring rules that are not available at MyHuddle. I am absolutely certain that I accurately converted their projections to my scoring rules. Today I compared the projected rank at draft time with the actual rank in my leagues. Matt Forte is the only playter of the fourteen who is ranked higher than projected. Vick, Rice, Foster, Marshall, Williams (TBB), M. Lewis, Giants def, McFadden, V. Jackson, M. Austin, Romo, Mendenhall and Winslow have all underperformed.

When all of the teams have had their bye weeks, some of these will move up. However, none of them will be where they were projected to be. Foster and Mendenhall have not had their bye week, so they will drop further in the rankings. Some of this is due to injury, but with the exception of Austin that doesn't explain the discrepency. Some people would say that Austin's injury is no surprise. I think next year I will get my projections from one of those people.

Use projections as a guide. Pick your own team. If you aren't moving players up and down the ranking list based on your personal preference and feelings, you are missing the boat.

Projections are just opinions. I used the same rankings you did and am killing it this year. Rodgers, Forte, Witten, Calvin, McCoy, Marshall, etc. Having been using the Huddle's projections for many years, I have gotten a feel for what players or type of players may be overvalued (in my opinion) by the staff here.

If you don't sprinkle your own opinions in to the rankings, you may as well use auto-draft. What fun is that?

And, BTW, blaming a site for your bad season is pretty lame. Just sayin.......

:wacko:

WOW! how in the world could anyone not be satisfied with:

vick

rice

foster

mcfadden

marshall.... we all knew he wasn't going to have a real qb and his numbers would suffer. still a low #1/high #2. his off weeks aren't heinous.

austin.... hurt

vjax... rivers is doing a nosedive and it is effecting everyone around him (plus injuries to gates and the rbs and the wr's doesn't help)

lewis.... young qb. offense is going to go through mjd and defenses are going to stack.

biggest surprises are mendy, romo, and m.williams (tbb)

but these things happen every year.. you get players who outperform their projections and players who don't live up to expectations.

Keeping Vick over Megatron in my 14-team keeper league. After winning it all last year, I was picking 14th. Usually, i don't keep QBs, but Vick was so HUGE with his rushing TDs last year (they count 2x in this league), that I couldn't pass him up...or so I thought...D'oh! ZERO rushing TDs to-date. Had I gone with Megatron, I could have gotten Stafford later and had a much better all-around team. As it is, I'm already out of the playoffs.

players that i was high on that are missing:

rivers

schaub (related to success with the running game)

romo

ryan

mendy (thought he would have a stellar year)

blount (lower in my rankings but expected more)

dwill (same as above)

lynch (same as above)

fitz (thought he would still put up decent numbers with kolb)

roddy

wayne (similar to fitz)

m. williams (tbb)

lloyd

ocho

holmes

most te's

it's mostly different guys killing me in every league. a lot of them were keepers (CJ, mendy, hillis) that I was actually a little leery of, but had to keep. AJ's injury is hitting me hard in 3 leagues, nicks in 2 (not to mention many others). I mostly avoided some of the hugh whiffs, like roddy white. took gates too high in one league.

mostly I would say my "worst decisions" were completely missing the boat on some of the bigger 'hits' this year, like fred jackson and steve smith.

players that i avoided that are doing well:

cam

stafford (didn't avoid but was lower on the list due to misc questions)

foster (didn't want to draft him high and lose early games)

matthews (i just saw a lot of question in sd)

best (injuries.... so half wrong with that one)

mcgahee ( i like him but, who knew?)

bradshaw (i didn't think he could make it through a season, and thought they would use jacobs more)

beanie has played much better than i expected.

stevie johnson.. thought buf would suck

s. smith (car) thought car would suck.. i did grab him in 2 drafts later however

garcon (thought that the only two worth having were wayne and clark)

avoided the pat te's (thought they would exchange good weeks...didn't know how much they would both be heavily used)

Drafting AJ, McFadden, Miles Austin, Mike Williams (TBB), Finley, Kolb and Addai. What I thought was a shoe-in for the fantasy playoffs has turned into the worst season I've ever had in fantasy football. 2 weeks in a row I blow everyone out of the water, the rest of the year has been abysmal. Stafford has turned out to be my only shining spot. Beware Lions fans. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn