[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone wanna re-evaluate the Cutler/Orton trade?

rocknrobn26

Are you saying he sucks or he's great? Neither that I can see. I admit I only saw stats and highlights from last night but what I saw seemed to indicate he more sucked as much as not-? Counting his lost fumbles he's 11/8 on TD/turnover ratio. Not dazzling. He's a career 85 rating kinda QB which while not horrible again isn't exactly amazing either.

Orton is catching all the heat this year but don't forget DEN is a poor team generally, not like he had a lot of support. And his career rating isn't much worse than Cutler's despite playing with mostly similarly weak Os.

Considering what DEN got for Cutler I'd say they did well, though how well they handled those picks might be another story.

Chicago overpaid for a Q.B. they have failed to use properly, and so they got next to no value. If you won't protect Cutler, give him time to throw, or recievers to throw to, you overpaid. The Bears did not so much get ripped off as they just threw their value out the window.

Denver got good trade value, but they are so dysfunctional they wasted their value.

Chicago overpaid for a Q.B. they have failed to use properly, and so they got next to no value. If you won't protect Cutler, give him time to throw, or recievers to throw to, you overpaid. The Bears did not so much get ripped off as they just threw their value out the window.

Denver got good trade value, but they are so dysfunctional they wasted their value.

Have you watched the last couple bears games? Cuz that exactly what they've been doing and Cutler has been throwing some sick passes

I'd say that Cutler and Orton share a common trait, some of the worst on-field body language by a QB I've ever seen, a penchant for sulking and disgruntled mumbling on the sidelines when things don't go well, and generally just being really crappy leaders. Last night the o-line did an incredible job in protection and blocking, so Cutler looked great. Even then, his reaction afterwards was like hey cool, but really who gives a taco. I get the sense he'd rather be somewhere else.

Are you saying he sucks or he's great? Neither that I can see. I admit I only saw stats and highlights from last night but what I saw seemed to indicate he more sucked as much as not-? Counting his lost fumbles he's 11/8 on TD/turnover ratio. Not dazzling. He's a career 85 rating kinda QB which while not horrible again isn't exactly amazing either.

Orton is catching all the heat this year but don't forget DEN is a poor team generally, not like he had a lot of support. And his career rating isn't much worse than Cutler's despite playing with mostly similarly weak Os.

Considering what DEN got for Cutler I'd say they did well, though how well they handled those picks might be another story.

Neither really. Just feel that Cutler is a much better QB than Orton. ~98 rating last night ain't sucking.

Cutler has his games where he's just godawful bad. Usually it can be blamed on his craptacular offensive line and/or lackluster receivers. However, if you give him time, he can be scary good, even with the mediocre pass catchers he has. As a life long Packer fan, I was happy to see the Bears big additions of Chris Spencer and Roy Williams. As long as they keep trying to patch their holes with straw and cow dung, the Bears will never be as good as they could be.

Neither really. Just feel that Cutler is a much better QB than Orton. ~98 rating last night ain't sucking.

Bears: Jim Miller Jim Harbaugh Erik Kramer Cade McNown Shane Matthews Chris Chandler Kordell Stewart

Rex Grossman Kyle Orton Brian Griese Jay Cutler......and the beat goes on ! ! ! ! !

Someday...s-o-m-e-d-a-y, the Bears will get a QB..........

Bears: Jim Miller Jim Harbaugh Erik Kramer Cade McNown Shane Matthews Chris Chandler Kordell Stewart

Rex Grossman Kyle Orton Brian Griese Jay Cutler......and the beat goes on ! ! ! ! !

Someday...s-o-m-e-d-a-y, the Bears will get a QB..........

Don't forget Moses Moreno.

You must be joking.

Put Cutler on any team whose OL is consistently decent and whose WRs consistently run the right routes with decent hands and he'll lead you deep into the playoffs.

That's where Tebow excels... it doesn't matter if his WRs run the right routes as Tebow doesn't know where the ball it going to go anyways.

:wacko:

You must be joking.

Put Cutler on any team whose OL is consistently decent and whose WRs consistently run the right routes with decent hands and he'll lead you deep into the playoffs.

That's where Tebow excels... it doesn't matter if his WRs run the right routes as Tebow doesn't know where the ball it going to go anyways.

:wacko:

You are exactly correct that he is much better than Orton.

Better? Absolutely. Much better? Not buying that one.

But I agree that at the time, even tho then it was clearly overpaying, it was a worthwhile move for CHI. They haven't had a legit QB since Jim freaking McMahon.