[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone wanna re-evaluate the Cutler/Orton trade?

rocknrobn26

Wasn't Chicago in the NFC Championship game last year? Aren't they 5-3 this year and playing good football?

Doesn't Denver get to choose between Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB? Screw the other picks, this is a QB league. How is this even a question?

right now, cutler doesnt have what it takes to carry a team through the playoffs. hes just not mentally that guy. can he be? I dont think so, but anything is possible.

Don't believe too much of the media. They hate Cutler because he doesn't kiss their asses. Da Bears got rid of Kruetz because Martz wanted Cutler to be the leader that Kruetz was. Kruetz would still be playing for Da Bears if it wasn't for Martz and I think he'd still be playing well. I think Cutler can be a leader, but not like McMahon. Say what you will about him, but he was a leader and a good Field Marshall. Yeah...I gotta go back that far. :wacko:

Don't believe too much of the media. They hate Cutler because he doesn't kiss their asses. Da Bears got rid of Kruetz because Martz wanted Cutler to be the leader that Kruetz was. Kruetz would still be playing for Da Bears if it wasn't for Martz and I think he'd still be playing well. I think Cutler can be a leader, but not like McMahon. Say what you will about him, but he was a leader and a good Field Marshall. Yeah...I gotta go back that far. :wacko:

I know McMahon a little bit. (My company did work on his house in Northbrook back in the day.) He is a character. Not the best QB by far but a guy who opened the eyes (Roselle headband, etc.) of his teammates and was just having fun making a lot of money. A leader of a different kind. Cutler just wants to be left alone. He can get the job done like McMahon if he has the supporting cast. He has a quality RB like McMahon did (Plus Fridge) but Cutler needs a little better line and some wr upgrades and even with this bendable D they could get back but the window is slamming shut.

Kruetz is an a-hole.

As a Vikes fan I was pissed they didn't do anything and everything they could to get Cutler. Now? Not so much.

For once, lor dopie is right. He would be great on that team with it's o-line, running game and quality wide-outs. I think Cutler is a slightly stronger-armed, more mobile version of Aikman. If he has the talent around him he can be as good as you need him to be. If not, he's just not capable of actually carrying a team on his back. But if the Bears can get their o-line issues fixed and put Knox on the field instead of that master of suckitude Williams on the field, Cutler will take them as far as they wanna go. And Martz looks to be doing a lot of things lately to help - screens, bootlegs/waggles and some draws and such to help keep the D's guessing and give the o-line that extra second they need. Guys, other than his penchant for throwing too damn much, there isn't a better offensive mind than Martz (MAYBE Turner, who is also an awful head-coach). :wacko:

bears are funny. more than any other team (for me at least) they are capable of convincing you one week that they are a miserably malfunctioning team with gaping flaws going nowhere, and the next week that they the complete package on both sides of the ball and could go deep in the playoffs.

bottom line is they have a good young QB. not top 5 in the league, but probably top 10. the broncos are essentially deciding between tim tebow and a rookie-to-be they might have to draft next year. anyone who thinks the broncos got the better end of that trade frankly has chit for brains.

bears are funny. more than any other team (for me at least) they are capable of convincing you one week that they are a miserably malfunctioning team with gaping flaws going nowhere, and the next week that they the complete package on both sides of the ball and could go deep in the playoffs.

Exactly. Every time I watch the Bears play, the feeling is always there that they'll make an arse of something and find a creative way to lose. Sometimes this is what happens.

MNF this week showed that they CAN play with the best (though the bonehead syndrome was still present, just sufficiently diminished to allow them to win).

For me, they most often really struggle with making adjustments during the game when things aren't panning out as pre-planned.

Exactly. Every time I watch the Bears play, the feeling is always there that they'll make an arse of something and find a creative way to lose. Sometimes this is what happens.

MNF this week showed that they CAN play with the best (though the bonehead syndrome was still present, just sufficiently diminished to allow them to win).

For me, they most often really struggle with making adjustments during the game when things aren't panning out as pre-planned.

It's almost like they take a nap at halftime. :wacko:

On a more serious note, wouldn't you just love to extract Tebow's desire, leadership skills, and will to win and weld it to Cutler's natural ability and see what the outcome would be? I was a Cutler nut hugger from way back, but I've lost my man-love for him as he has shown a decided refusal to mature.

On a more serious note, wouldn't you just love to extract Tebow's desire, leadership skills, and will to win and weld it to Cutler's natural ability and see what the outcome would be?

:wacko: You'd get a healthy Stafford... :tup:

Trade ya Sanchez for Cutler right now.

Cutler was pretty freakin good behind that zone blocking, roll out offense at Denver. Martz, like his predecessor in CHI is trying to turn him into a pocket passer behind a bad O line, and he has been taking hits that would have knocked Brady out of many games. Yes, his demeanor is lacking, but I don't know if I've ever seen a better rollout QB than Cutler. He's actually better when rolling out vs staying in the pocket.

Chicago over paid, but any comparison of Orton to Cutler is laughable. Cutler can win games with the team on his back, Orton can't. That doesn't mean Cutler can'y lose games by himself, but so can Orton. Cutler could put up the numbers he did in Denver IF he had a better recieving corp, no doubt. Hester? He who I will not name? What would Cutler be doing in CHI if he still had Marshall to throw to?

I don't know if I've ever seen a better rollout QB than Cutler. He's actually better when rolling out vs staying in the pocket.

I dunno, I always really liked Jake Plummer's roll outs especially when he went the other way and trundled over the line with the nearest defender ten yards away.