[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cornholers Vs. Cornhuskers

BleedingGreen

Wow, why hadn't I thought of that title. :wacko:

On topic, I'm a homer but I think Nebraska should win this game. If they turn it over and play poor like they did last week they'd lose but they have it in them to be a pretty good team. I also think that PSU's defense is very good but their offense is a weak point that will get exposed over the next 3 games they play. NU layed an egg against freakin NWern last week so anything is possible, but the strange thing is the QB has actually been playing better the last few games and that makes a big difference. Add on top of it all this distraction and it's hard to see PSU having their head 100% in the game this week. I mean, sometimes an incident happens that galvanizes a team to rally around their coach but messing with kids so f-ed up I don't know if you can really make a rally cry of it. Personally, I'm kind of pissed that Nebraska has the bad luck to be playing them this week. I'd rather not have my favorite college team have anything to do with this chit-storm that is going on at PSU.

Sure it did. Stay classy.

Can't wait for more great jokes, because pedophiles are funny. And how about that 9/11, what a hoot. You go girlfriend.

PSU deserves to take taco for this. They (everyone, the fans, boosters, students, administration) turned their football program into a church practically, and we've seen how those institutions behave. What? Sacred? :wacko: College football top to bottom is an institution rife with corruption, hypocrisy and greed. No one's safe. The purity of PSU we see was just an illusion.

Seriously, no other sport at PSU got any attention - what a joke. And I like the place, my mom went there and I grew up rooting for the Lions. But name one other major university that's that crazy. I went to baseball camp there, stayed in the dorms there, if you even LOOKed at a tackling dummy in the fieldhouse in the summer time, everyone would FREAK out. It was a fascist mess....I'll do you one more. If JoePa looked this other way about this - how many other "incidents" with players perhaps got covered up by the administration (not saying him, but the AD, etc.)?

I'd hardly compare this to 911. That's kind of insulting. One pervert and a couple decent men who looked the other way does not equate to the deaths of thousands. It's actually a great day for PSU that this got unearthed - because it was probably going unchecked and victimizing a lot of people for a while. But still, they get to wear a ribbon of shame, in my opinion. Conversely, there was NO good takeaway from 911.

On the note of football. The fact that they are playing this week with their assistant...the grad assistant who reported the crime is just fascinating to me. It's so complex, I'm not sure there's ever been a precedent for this. I can't see the players rallying to overcome. PSU- Nebraska has been a great rivalry. I think the Cornhuskers smell blood.