[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts-Pats Sunday Night game flexed to 1:00PM

i_am_the_swammi

NBC smartly moved the December 4th Colts-Pats game from 8:20PM, and returned it to CBS as a normal 1:00 game.

As such, they need to find a replacement:

Tennessee at Buffalo 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

N.Y. Jets at Washington 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Carolina at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm FOX

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Detroit at New Orleans 1:00 pm FOX

Oakland at Miami 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Kansas City at Chicago 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Atlanta at Houston 1:00 pm FOX

Denver at Minnesota 4:05 pm CBS - HD National

Dallas at Arizona 4:15 pm FOX

St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 pm FOX

Green Bay at N.Y. Giants 4:15 pm FOX

Current worthy early games:

DET @ NO (Fox)

ATL @ HOU Fox)

CIN @ PIT (CBS)

Current worthy late games:

GB @ NYG

Not sure how the networks are allowed to protect their games, but these four seem the only ones worthwhile to move to the night game. Decision due no later than 11/22.

NBC smartly moved the December 4th Colts-Pats game from 8:20PM, and returned it to CBS as a normal 1:00 game.

As such, they need to find a replacement:

Tennessee at Buffalo 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

N.Y. Jets at Washington 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Carolina at Tampa Bay 1:00 pm FOX

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Detroit at New Orleans 1:00 pm FOX

Oakland at Miami 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Kansas City at Chicago 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Baltimore at Cleveland 1:00 pm CBS - HD (Regional)

Atlanta at Houston 1:00 pm FOX

Denver at Minnesota 4:05 pm CBS - HD National

Dallas at Arizona 4:15 pm FOX

St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 pm FOX

Green Bay at N.Y. Giants 4:15 pm FOX

Current worthy early games:

DET @ NO (Fox)

ATL @ HOU Fox)

CIN @ PIT (CBS)

Current worthy late games:

GB @ NYG

Not sure how the networks are allowed to protect their games, but these four seem the only ones worthwhile to move to the night game. Decision due no later than 11/22.

I hope that they don't choose GB @ NYG. Although it promises to be a good match-up those teams get their fair share of national TV time already. I would like to see a young up and coming team like DET or CIN get the game. Either way I'm just gald I don't have to sit through another Indy game.

Be kinda cool of NBC to put it in the fans hands via some kind of voting. They could advertise on their website and Sunday Night games leading up to the deadline. Just have the available games on their website, allow fans to pick the game they want to see in primetime, then choose the game with the most votes that the networks opt not to protect.

Why would anyone think that the GB/Giants game would be moved? It ios easily the best matchup of the late games and would be nationally televised anyway . . .:wacko:

I would like to see Lions/Saints or Bengals/Steelers.

Bengals steelers could be for the AFC North title . . so a huge matchup.

Saints Lions would be very high scoring (in theory) so that would be a fun game to watchj.

Carolina at Tampa Bay.....it would be smart to start to advertise the NFL's greatest commodity of this year.....

You must mean Denver at Minnesota then. The prospects of watching Tebow work his magic in perfect dome conditions...oh baby. :pantstight:

Why would anyone think that the GB/Giants game would be moved? It ios easily the best matchup of the late games and would be nationally televised anyway . . .:wacko:

I don't know about that....look at my schedule in the OP. CBS has the national game at 4:00, with both FOX and CBS getting 1:00. FOX does not have a doubleheader that weekend.

According to this, GB/NYG was protected by Fox meaning that game won't be moved to SNF

Correct.

Speculation over on 506.com site, in this thread 506.com flex scheduling thread has CIN-PIT as one of the top choices. May depend on how CIN does against PIT this week and BAL next. DET-NO would be the other top choice. Most don't see ATL-HOU as being high profile enough.

PS While it would be cool for the NFL to put it in the fans hand, it won't happen. Although some local stations do have polls to decide what game to air (or more accurately to decide if they ask the network for a switch from the assigned game to a different game).

Another vote for NO/DET... I'd love to say ATL/HOU, but I think this will be a much more compelling game with NO struggling as of late (and possibly looking to get back on track after the beating the Falcons lay on them this weekend :wacko:) and a DET team that's been huge surprise and fan-favorite with the hugh turnaround.

Add to that it should be a shoot-out and they'd be foolish not to go with it...

Another vote for NO/DET... I'd love to say ATL/HOU, but I think this will be a much more compelling game with NO struggling as of late (and possibly looking to get back on track after the beating the Falcons lay on them this weekend :wacko:) and a DET team that's been huge surprise and fan-favorite with the hugh turnaround.

Add to that it should be a shoot-out and they'd be foolish not to go with it...

Good points, but keep one thing in mind, the NFL is all about the money. Showing the game that gets the best ratings is usually more important than showing the best (most competitive or exciting/interesting) game. The Steelers are very popular nationwide and draw huge ratings, just like the Cowboys. That is why those teams get many primetime and late afternoon semi-national games.

According to this, and this Fox has the doubleheader that week

Its really simple, a 4:15 start time indicates that network has the DH, while a 4:05 start is the SH network. Double header second game starts later to have a better chance of finishing the early games.

PS Cool to see you quoting 506.com info, it is to NFL (and other sports) broadcasting what the huddle is to fantasy football. (Best site around with many knowledgable posters.)

Good points, but keep one thing in mind, the NFL is all about the money. Showing the game that gets the best ratings is usually more important than showing the best (most competitive or exciting/interesting) game. The Steelers are very popular nationwide and draw huge ratings, just like the Cowboys. That is why those teams get many primetime and late afternoon semi-national games.

Also why philly has so many evening games. Highly dislike those teams. Well, don't care as much about steelers.

Figured it'd be the most popular. See how teams do this and next weekend.

Giants GB would be good but it'll get the attention it deserves in the afternoon. Heck, I think the giants figure something out to slow rodgers enough to make it a close game a la the pats game. Or he goes apenuts on them. Hope for the former expect the latter.

saints lions sounds good. Think ATL Houston is also a great choice. Anything is better than what they had.