[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JAX DEF on the road this week vs. IND.....

The Angry Pirate

I saw a lot of teams in my other leagues last week jump on picking up KC's DEF vs. the winless Dolphins only to see Miami hand them an embarrassing beat down.

Just wondering if anyone is taking a flyer this week on the Jag's DEF playing on the road in IND, or if the Colts actually show up to some degree a pull off a trap-game win....?

Edited by Ed Rooney

I saw a lot of teams in my other leagues last week jump on picking up KC's DEF vs. the winless Dolphins only to see Miami hand them an embarrassing beat down.

Just wondering if anyone is taking a flyer this week on the Jag's DEF playing on the road this week in IND, or if the Colts actually show up to some degree a pull off a trap-game win....?

Considered it, but with Chicago and Dallas, Im gonna roll with one of them. I played russian rouloette last week with OAK and it backfired.

Just wondering if anyone is taking a flyer this week on the Jag's DEF playing on the road in IND, or if the Colts actually show up to some degree a pull off a trap-game win....?

My defense has been my weakest link all season however I sport a 9-0 record. I have been playing defensive match ups all season. I am taking a flyer on the Jags this week against Indy. My thinking is as follows. 1) Indy is the last winless team. 2) as such, they have no competition for next years number 1 selection (Andrew Luck). Therefore 3). They will not lose on purpose but I think maybe a half hearted effort on their part. 4) If they manage to win, their back to square one. And last but not least 6) There are no assurances that Peyton Manning will be back 100 percent. So far as I understand it, his neck has not healed. So I look for Indy to out up some sort of feeble effort to win but not enough to beat the Jags. This will be a low scoring game and with maybe a few sacks, 1 or 2 Int's, possible 1 fumble and long shot of a defensive TD for the Jags. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The Jags handed Baltimore their A** when they played them. I watched that game and they had Balt receivers covered the whole game. I think Jax Will do well. The Colt's Passing game is worse than Baltimore. The team that made me nervous against the Colt's was Atlanta, but they did well. It would have been a shut out if not for a defensive D.

I've been killed lately trying to choose my DEF based on matchups every week. Example last week, pick Oakland's DEF thinking they would feast on Tebow, but looked what happened. Same went for KC DEF against the Miami Dolphins. I'm sure alot of people had KC DEF for the fact that they were winless coming into that game.

I think I'll pick from a group of defensive teams that are proven and then look at their matchups at a given week.

Considered it, but with Chicago and Dallas, Im gonna roll with one of them. I played russian rouloette last week with OAK and it backfired.

Rolled with the Rams last week and it worked out OK, but I also have Chicago's defense and prefer them at home over Jax on the road. Yes, Jax steamrolled the Ravens but they're a classic team that will play to the level of their competition.

I did pick up the Jags defense this week - might wait to see Tuvey weigh in with his :wacko: tomorrow before making a final decision.

Indy has had a limp d*ck offense all season. JAC DST is a good start, I think. Personally, I think they're tanking on-purpose, but I'm a Dolphins fan who never really supported the Suck for Luck movement, so what do I know? :wacko:

I'm not being a homer here, but picking KC's DST last week wasn't smart if you've seen the Dolphins play. Are they a one win team? Yeah. Are they a bad team? ...Yeah. But they've led at some point in every game this season - they're losses are constantly due to inability to make half-time adjustments. It was only a matter of time until Moore geled with the offense enough to get a win. Just an FYI for anyone looking to start a DST against Miami in the future this season. The problem of adjustments stems from coaching and will be rectified by the offseason. Sparano is done there.

Edited by overworkedirish

Just to make the decision even more enticing in picking up the Jags, I looked back at each team defense that has played IND this year and in a Standard scoring format, and only ONE team has failed to put up at least 10 points on them; KC. They put up a goose egg vs. IND in Week 5. Poor Chiefs just don't match up well against winless teams.....

Edited by Ed Rooney

Indy wins this week. Mark it down.

JAX is the 2nd biggest joke of a team in the league

+1

Indy had a player's only meeting this week. They are taking this game--a divisional one to boot--seriously. Forget Luck. If they could stop the run, even for one damn game, I'd pick up the Indy DST, not Jax. Gabbert is terrible. As it stands I can't trust either team. I'm staying away..

+1

Indy had a player's only meeting this week. They are taking this game--a divisional one to boot--seriously. Forget Luck. If they could stop the run, even for one damn game, I'd pick up the Indy DST, not Jax. Gabbert is terrible. As it stands I can't trust either team. I'm staying away..

Not sure why but this made me laugh a little.