[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders/Chargers Game Thread

Chief Dick

I don't own him but I did put him in MVP Challenge Memorial.

Nicely done ya bastid!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What an abomination of a game plan for the Chargers offense. They got away from the run way too early. Right now the strength of the offense is Tolbert/Mathews on the ground and the short passing game. With poor pass protection you'd figure they'd go this route. Instead they let Rivers get killed while waiting for a play to develop, or he'd just over throw it. If I'm a Chargers fan I have to be thinking this streak should seal Norv's fate. This game wasn't as close as the score would indicate.

Agree with heehawks. So what he won me the game last week, he'll lose me this one. I dont want weekly stats like 26-2-5-37-0-5. I would rather 12-10-9-15-11-16. Thats how you win consistently

I have him in one league. He has had 3 good weeks out of 9 scoring 20, 29 and 32. The rest have been less than 6 points each week. That is your standard scoring: 1 pt per 10 yards...no ppr. That helps explain why I am 2-7. I don't think I will bench him, but I don't want him on my team next year.

Edited by Outshined

25 years of watching NFL football and I never knew that either

Never seen it either, but kind of makes sense. If you see the way those gunners get mauled going down the sidelines on punts. Without this rule alla team would have to do is line up to punt, and have the punter throw the ball in that direction to get a PI call. It would mean the end of punts.

Not sure if the rules been there a long time or not, any maybe we just don't see it called because of the low number of passes thrown on punting plays.

The benefit of starting Michael Bush over Tolbert in one of my leagues was offset somewhat by not starting Denarius Moore in the same league. I got okay points from Rivers and Novak.

In another league I started VJax, and he was invisible again. Incredible.

As a homer I'm obviously disappointed by losing four in a row. Next week's game is in Chicago. Ouch.

What kind of yardage was the vjax botch? Was it a td? I stopped watching cause he had 0

The interception in the end zone was attempted to him, but he made no try to catch the ball. He lost other yardage on other missed attempts.

Never seen it either, but kind of makes sense. If you see the way those gunners get mauled going down the sidelines on punts. Without this rule alla team would have to do is line up to punt, and have the punter throw the ball in that direction to get a PI call. It would mean the end of punts.

Not sure if the rules been there a long time or not, any maybe we just don't see it called because of the low number of passes thrown on punting plays.

Oh yea, the rule makes perfect sense to me as well. The defender on the gunner in punt coverage is not looking at the punter, and so would have no way of knowing whether the ball is being thrown. I just never knew the rule existed -- it would seem it was news to most people (including the TV crew).

Oh yea, the rule makes perfect sense to me as well. The defender on the gunner in punt coverage is not looking at the punter, and so would have no way of knowing whether the ball is being thrown. I just never knew the rule existed -- it would seem it was news to most people (including the TV crew).

Thankfully it wasn't news to the refs. :wacko:

The fact that something is news to a group of announcers isn't news :wacko:

I forget what the game was maybe Cowboys-Eagles a couple weeks ago and one of the announcers (Jaws?) says "I didn't even know who this Laurent Robinson guy is, I had to do some research" I thought really, a broadcaster of NFL games, an analyst on several shows, and he doesn't know who this guy is? I bet 90% of FFB players knew who he was.

I forget what the game was maybe Cowboys-Eagles a couple weeks ago and one of the announcers (Jaws?) says "I didn't even know who this Laurent Robinson guy is, I had to do some research" I thought really, a broadcaster of NFL games, an analyst on several shows, and he doesn't know who this guy is? I bet 90% of FFB players knew who he was.

so he did his job as an analyst and broadcaster and did some research... ?

so he did his job as an analyst and broadcaster and did some research... ?

Was just an observation, he made it sound like he never heard of the guy. Just surprised me because I recognized the name and recall him being with the Rams recently. Checked his stats, he's started 20 games over 5 seasons.

Not as bas as McNabb not knowing an NFL game could result in a tie, or coaches and announcers wanting to challenge scoring plays this season.

I bet 90% of FFB players knew who he was.

hardcore FF players are probably the most 'plugged in' people when it comes to players outside of their home market. Who else could tell you who the RB3 and WR4 are on every team in the league?

Edited by nelsosi

I think it was Collinsworth (it was the Sunday Night game)