[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WRs from out of nowhere

delusions of grandeur

Listed below are WRs that have come out of nowhere, and been scooped up as they've gotten hot... Well, that's been all well and good so far, but now it's time to look ahead to the run for the playoffs, where little is left on the WW and it begs examining whether any of the guys who no one had pegged as big producers this year, can keep up the pace or not...

I have them listed in order of my own confidence ranking, but curious which if any of these guys you trust (or even a total surprise from the WW not listed), and feel can keep it up going down the stretch at the ever volatile WR position:

1. Antonio Brown - Has shown more than just the flashes from preseason, this guy looks like he's for real. Ward and Sanders might cut into his targets some when they return, but hard to think they're going to take too much away from the bunches of targets for a guy who they want to get the ball in his hands in space. While both him and Wallace are more than just deep threats, he's the one who looks to be eating into everyone's targets right now.

2. Earl Bennett - Always loved this guy as an emergency WR to get you at least a few catches and moderate yardage, but he looks like he's the only wideout Cutler trusts at this point. Forte can't catch them all, so who else is gonna take his targets?

3. Victor Cruz - Despite some early struggles mixed in with success, the Giants have seen enough flashes from the explosive kid to where he appears to not only be a threat to score from anywhere, but is filling a good bit of the possession WR role that Steve Smith left behind.

4. Denarius Moore - This one doesn't need too much explaining after last night, especially if Ford misses time, but Palmer's preference for him seems to be balanced by the sheer unpredictability of Oakland WRs we've seen for years. Can Palmer change things?

5. Torrey Smith - We all know what he's capable of after 3 TDs in a half of a game, and of course with his late-game heroics last week... Every BAL game I watch has the kid getting open and Flacco trying deep balls to him, but with it being a very low percentage play, there's some worry about consistency from this one-trick pony...

Thoughts on these guys or any other surprises you're rolling with down the stretch?

Good thread, good initial list and nice additions.

I agree with guys like Cruz & Bennet, but also Antonio Brown seems to be doing very well for PIT, and not sure they return to a more run oriented game even as the weather changes. Torrey Smith seems kind of streaky and they are still a run first team.

In my league Den Moore and Vincent Brown are available, and will probably be hot pickups this week.

Why did I drop Moore. :wacko:

Why didn't I grab Brown last night :tup:

I like the order that you put these guys in.

I guess Gaffney is more of a speculative guy, seeing how he really hasn't done anything, but I would think that his value is somewhere amid this group. Damien Williams is also sort of like that, but he did come from out of nowhere, whereas Gaffney came from the distant and mediocre past.

I'm considering dropping Reggie Wayne and I could grab, Gaffney, Torrey Smith, or Damien Williams. I'm leaning towards Smith just because, as you pointed out, he is always running around wide open down field. Flacco's accuracy isn't great, but he can chuck it long. I like this chemistry to improve, and if it does, I think Smith zooms up your list to the number 2 spot, right behind Brown.

Since the question is who do you trust, I say only Cruz and Brown off of this list. Bennett and Moore would have to show at least another good game or two to earn trust. Torrey Smith, no, I'd never trust any Baltimore offensive player except for maybe Ray Rice.

I've been starting Brown for 4 weeks now and will continue to do so. Had Moore at the start of season, dropped him for DBH when he got hot. Picked him back up before Thursday game and started him and will do so until AJ comes back. Would have picked up Cruz he was on WW.

I agree with Baldwin. I watched the last game and he seemed to be targeted like crazy; moreso than Bowe. The numbers may prove me wrong and show I was only watching at the wrong times, but it sure seemed that way. They seem to like him in the red zone but just couldn't hit against MIA.

I wish I had the balls to start him this week, but I have Calvin Johnson and Mike Wallace and am choosing Ogbonnaya over him .... hmmm..