[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best bang for my buck

Gourdeau

I've done Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay, KC, Dallas (old field) and Detroit (live there). GB was the best trip and I can't stand the Packers. I went in December. It was cold and wet but after a few Pabst and various liquer, I felt warm again. Fly to Chicago and drive. KC and Buffalo have great tailgates. Detroit sucks, Dallas was lame and Chicago was fun at the bars.

You go to Miami for vacation. Not a football themed weekend or week. NOLA...I'm guessing here is a party but is it really tailgating or a big party and "oh yeah, let's go to the game."

KC, Buffalo, Green Bay, those are football towns with football atmosphere. Denver seems that way too but I'm guessing. I've read Houston is tops too.

Forbes

Bills

Buffalo is #1 and #3 on these two lists.

I am curious how you truly "tailgate" when you're flying in? The grill, cooking, tables, chairs, games, booze and of course coolers full of food. What's the plan? This isn't going well.

Although you could certainly make a day walking around meeting people and getting free food and drink. People always have too much food. That would be interesting to see recorded and perhaps a new friend is made.

Not me though...I don't do sharing! :wacko:

I am curious how you truly "tailgate" when you're flying in? The grill, cooking, tables, chairs, games, booze and of course coolers full of food. What's the plan? This isn't going well.

Although you could certainly make a day walking around meeting people and getting free food and drink. People always have too much food. That would be interesting to see recorded and perhaps a new friend is made.

Not me though...I don't do sharing! :wacko:

Good question, never really thought of that part! Pack a hockey bag full of equipment and make a trip to the grocery store I guess!

Tailgating for Browns games is pretty good, Muni Lot (near the stadium) is the place. Did that for many years when I had tickets. Have also heard that the tailgating at KC is awesome, particularly the BBQ food.

If you're coming to Cleveland and take the advice to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame, they are going through an expansion now, not sure when it will be complete or what is going on. That is in Canton about an hour south of Cleveland. Downtown Cleveland also has the Rock & Roll hall of fame.

Enjoy your trip wherever you go, sounds cool.

Tailgating for Browns games is pretty good, Muni Lot (near the stadium) is the place. Did that for many years when I had tickets. Have also heard that the tailgating at KC is awesome, particularly the BBQ food.

If you're coming to Cleveland and take the advice to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame, they are going through an expansion now, not sure when it will be complete or what is going on. That is in Canton about an hour south of Cleveland. Downtown Cleveland also has the Rock & Roll hall of fame.

Enjoy your trip wherever you go, sounds cool.

I was gonna say the same thing...but they'd have to watch the Browns.

the Rock Hall is something you should wander through no matter how you feel about such institutions.

Last year I (we) had tickets to go to the Jets game and found it much too fun hanging out with everyone and never even went in to the game.

Good question, never really thought of that part! Pack a hockey bag full of equipment and make a trip to the grocery store I guess!

In KC, you don't need to bring anything to tailgate. People will welcome you with open arms. Find a group, say Hi, and you'll have a family to hang with for the day.

As for the weather, today it was 60. This time of year you can easily get a 20 degree day. But normally, you'll see the 50's this time of year.

we paid just under $450 per ticket for endzone tickets this year vs the Jets in week 5. I've been to Jacksonville, didn't tailgate but heard from the guy i was sitting beside that Jacksonville isn't the greatest game experience, and he was right, Jags won and it was pretty boring in there!

Yeah, whatever. That guy is a liar.

If you spent $450/ticket and have friends, rent a box.

Jets #6, NYG #32?

NEW MEADOWLANDS STADIUM

EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK GIANTS

(Not rated - USRT has yet to make visit)

Arc- , Food-, Scbd-, Ush-, Fans-, Loc-, Bann-, Ent-, Conc-, Bonus- Total

Assuming the stadium aspects are the same as for a Jets game, even if the fans rate a 0 it will come in at a total of 62.5, good enough for 16 (ahead of CIN).

In KC, you don't need to bring anything to tailgate. People will welcome you with open arms. Find a group, say Hi, and you'll have a family to hang with for the day.

As for the weather, today it was 60. This time of year you can easily get a 20 degree day. But normally, you'll see the 50's this time of year.

In Buffalo you get knifed.

Nice sentiment but easier said than done.

Oh wow you're way up north huh? I was thinking you'd be close to where I am in southeast new hampshire when you said you were on the border of maine.

I would think with the new stadium and all, very loyal fans and warm weather that Dallas would be a good option. Flight costs probably would be more expensive than somewhere closer and I don't know about the tix cost. I'm sure they'd be cheaper in KC or any sucky team that struggles to get people to its games. If the tix are cheap in Buffalo than that's a good deal as they're pretty good this year, but the weather of course can be brutal this time of year.

Or if you want to go cheaper but stay in the state roll with Houston. New Orleans would be a blast as well I would think.

Edited by Crazysight

:wacko: And a Missouri native :tup:

Guilty as charged. Spent many days at Arrowhead growing up, but went to St. Louis for baseball. I never liked Royals Stadium, but I seem to be in the minority on that one. You've noticed how silent I've been about any kind of football game day experience at the Metrodome, too, right? Yuch... great fans but that's it. Maybe some day, I know they're trying.