[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Boise ?

Bonedaddies

I have never wished any ill will on the team and this is no exception because I really love what Boise are able to do with what they have and I hate to see them go down like this again but...

Does anyone else feel a strange sense of relief?

It's not that I feel they don't belong in the conversation, I'm just tired of the conversation.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Even with the home cooking calls they got most of the game...

Nutsy call going for 2, right thing to do and great execution to get it done....now let's break down the one-loss teams......well after Okie st and Stanford go down.

Assuming you're saying Okie St will fall to the Sooners?

I have never wished any ill will on the team and this is no exception because I really love what Boise are able to do with what they have and I hate to see them go down like this again but...

Does anyone else feel a strange sense of relief?.

Yes, and no they don't belong in title conversations until they get a real schedule. Like the team a lot actually but not the undeserved rankings IMO.

Well with Stanford and BSU loss this becomes a lot clearer, probably. It's LSU/OSU or LSU/Bama. I like OSU alright and would love to see them get a title (just for something different if nothing else) but no way do they beat LSU IMO. Course Bama could get hammered by them with everyone expecting another close game too, but I think I'd rather take my chances on a rematch.

The thing that could make this the biggest BCS mess ever would be if OU beats OSU and ARK beats LSU...that would give LSU a loss to ARK, BAMA a loss to LSU and ARK a loss to BAMA...at the end of the day, BAMA goes to and wins the SEC CG by having the highest BCS rank, so then do they get in over LSU even though they lost at home to them? ( I would say yes). the rest of the teams with one loss would look like this:

Stanford lost late to ORG at home

ORG lost to LSU, not a bad loss Pac 12 champ

OSU lost to OU late, but beat TTU 66-6, only team to beat OU

OU lost to TTU a 6/7 loss team, but wins the Big 12

LSU lost late to ARK and did not win SEC

BAMA Lost to LSU, but wins SEC

ARK lost to BAMA

See how much easier the question of who goes without an undefeated Boise St team in the mix! Geaux Tigers so at least one side of the equation will be a lock!

The thing that could make this the biggest BCS mess ever would be if OU beats OSU and ARK beats LSU...that would give LSU a loss to ARK, BAMA a loss to LSU and ARK a loss to BAMA...at the end of the day, BAMA goes to and wins the SEC CG by having the highest BCS rank, so then do they get in over LSU even though they lost at home to them? ( I would say yes). the rest of the teams with one loss would look like this:

Stanford lost late to ORG at home

ORG lost to LSU, not a bad loss Pac 12 champ

OSU lost to OU late, but beat TTU 66-6, only team to beat OU

OU lost to TTU a 6/7 loss team, but wins the Big 12

LSU lost late to ARK and did not win SEC

BAMA Lost to LSU, but wins SEC

ARK lost to BAMA

See how much easier the question of who goes without an undefeated Boise St team in the mix! Geaux Tigers so at least one side of the equation will be a lock!

If the above happens, it's called a royal cluster fluck.

Part of me wanted Boise St to get into the BCS NC game. I think it would have been interesting to see Boise St play against a team such as LSU who was really motivated to win.

Do you also enjoy seeing unarmed men in a ring with tigers?

Part of me wanted Boise St to get into the BCS NC game. I think it would have been interesting to see Boise St play against a team such as LSU who was really motivated to win.

I would have loved to see that as well. Let's not forget about Oregon who has 1 very early loss and is playing as well as anyone right now.

:wacko: .... tired

Have to admit the SEC has made college football a little boring of late. Most will privately admit, LSU and Bama are the obvious choice to play in the NC if it boils down to one loss teams.

The question remains how the human voters would vote if it comes down to that. My guess is that people really don't want to see an all SEC BCS NC even though those are the two best college football teams. Personally I believe should LSU win out and OK State loses that the Sooners will get the nod over Oregon just because Oregon had their shot.

:wacko: .... tired

I know, I know... I agree.

Have to admit the SEC has made college football a little boring of late. Most will privately admit, LSU and Bama are the obvious choice to play in the NC if it boils down to one loss teams.

The question remains how the human voters would vote if it comes down to that. My guess is that people really don't want to see an all SEC BCS NC even though those are the two best college football teams. Personally I believe should LSU win out and OK State loses that the Sooners will get the nod over Oregon just because Oregon had their shot.

I also agree with this.

Most will privately admit, LSU and Bama are the obvious choice to play in the NC if it boils down to one loss teams.

/quote]

I wouldn't admit that. While I agree on LSU I think Oklahoma St. Oklahoma and Oregon are just as good, if not better, than Alabama. I don't think anyone, especially the TV audience, would want to see another snoozefest that they already watched 2 weeks ago.

Most will privately admit, LSU and Bama are the obvious choice to play in the NC if it boils down to one loss teams.

/quote]

I wouldn't admit that. While I agree on LSU I think Oklahoma St. Oklahoma and Oregon are just as good, if not better, than Alabama. I don't think anyone, especially the TV audience, would want to see another snoozefest that they already watched 2 weeks ago.

A close defensive struggle can be seen as a snoozefest just as much as a blowout against a supposedly high powered offense facing a defense the likes of which they have never seen, while at the same time, having a defense that has never been asked to be a shut down "D" and doesn't have the means to do so.

Big 12 never gets respect (unless you are OU or Texas). I mentioned in an earlier post this year (I think the A&M to the SEC Thread) that OSU is for real and a top 5 team this year. The winner of the OU/OSU game should get to play LSU for the championship, no arguement there. Alabama has already had their chance. And I will further that both OU and OSU can beat LSU. LSU does not have the offense to compete with OSU and my prediction is that either OU or OSU will play and win the national championship.

Big 12 never gets respect (unless you are OU or Texas). I mentioned in an earlier post this year (I think the A&M to the SEC Thread) that OSU is for real and a top 5 team this year. The winner of the OU/OSU game should get to play LSU for the championship, no arguement there. Alabama has already had their chance. And I will further that both OU and OSU can beat LSU. LSU does not have the offense to compete with OSU and my prediction is that either OU or OSU will play and win the national championship.

I would assume your opinion has changed here.

Iowa State is just a notch down from LSU...which will hurt both OSU and OU, I think ISU just took both of these teams out of the picture, but there is still plenty of ball to be played. Hell, it may be Ark vs. Org before it is all said and done.