[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

baldwin and ogbonnaya

WildTurkey

I didn't subscribe to the Huddle for-pay content this year (hey, times are tough, and I wanted to see how I would do without it). I plan on doing so next year (or maybe during the playoff run, do you guys offer a 1/4 season package?!) just because I found the articles entertaining. With that said, anyone got the feeling either of these guys will break out this week? Baldwin seemed to be getting targeted like crazy during the parts of the KC-MIA debacle, moreso than Bowe (although maybe that's just what I saw on the RedZone, the numbers may prove me wrong) especially in the Red Zone, and he had that one TD called back. I think he goes off this week with Bailey on Bowe (although that really doesn't mean much to me).

I think Ogbonnaya certainly has the motivation factor (got cut from Rams practice squad), and a much better matchup than last week. I thought he had "the look" (ran hard) against SF and I picked him up after that. I thought I had struck oil when Hardesty went out of action, and maybe I still have, assuming the Browns can get some semblance of a modern day professional football offense going.

I have both these guys as an option for flex this week. I am thinking of going with Ogbonnaya based on the number of touches. I have Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, LeSean McCoy and Demarco Murray at my other RB/WR spots, so I'm good there.

So this may be parrotting what was already said in the Huddle, I dunno, but I wanted to get it out there in case any of it turned out to be true for this week.

later, good luck to everyone this week

Turkey

Not sure I would expect a lot from Ogbonnaya. While he is the starting back and will get the bulk of the carries he has already had some real disappointments (fumble on first play of Texans game) that are not going to help him. You mention the Browns neeeding to get an offense, that is true. As a fan I've watched every game (well okay on parts of some of the last games as I just can't it anymore). They've been pathetic, particularly at the beginning, scoring only 2 FG so far through 8 games in the 1st Qtr. So they are often playing from behind and have McCoy slinging the ball all over the field when he isn't running for his life.

Not sure I would expect a lot from Ogbonnaya. While he is the starting back and will get the bulk of the carries he has already had some real disappointments (fumble on first play of Texans game) that are not going to help him. You mention the Browns neeeding to get an offense, that is true. As a fan I've watched every game (well okay on parts of some of the last games as I just can't it anymore). They've been pathetic, particularly at the beginning, scoring only 2 FG so far through 8 games in the 1st Qtr. So they are often playing from behind and have McCoy slinging the ball all over the field when he isn't running for his life.

while that's true, they haven't played a team with 1 win this late. When you ask a St. Louis fan about the Rams, they bring up the Cardinals...I think this is going to be Obgonnaya's best shot to have a meaningful fantasy stat line.

while that's true, they haven't played a team with 1 win this late. When you ask a St. Louis fan about the Rams, they bring up the Cardinals...I think this is going to be Obgonnaya's best shot to have a meaningful fantasy stat line.

Not sure I follow these points. I'm not trying to be a wise guy, just looking for clarification.

Are you saying that playing a 1 win team late in the season will mean the Browns can produce more on offense, early in the game particularly (so they aren't playing from behind)?

And what do Rams fans talking about the Cardinals have to do with this game? Heck I still think the Rams with one win are way better than the Browns considering they beat a very good Saints team.

I was watching AFC Playbook on NFLN earlier, and of the 4 guys analyzing STL-CLE game, only Brian Baldinger picked the Browns. One of the other guys said "Rams will run Jackson, run him some more, and then more."

I'd love to see Obg have a good fantasy day, but he still won't crack my line-up even with my mediocre starters Green Ellis and Starks.

The Texans have an incredibly tough run D. I thought Ogbannaya would get at least 50-60 yards last week but I was dead wrong. The Rams are the polar opposites of the Texans in terms of rush defense. In a PPR league I'd be all over him. In fact, I was shocked to see him available in a 16-team redraft, and with my RB woes in said league, I happily picked him up and started him. If he doesn't get 75ish combined yards, including 3+ catches, I'd be shocked.

The Texans have an incredibly tough run D. I thought Ogbannaya would get at least 50-60 yards last week but I was dead wrong. The Rams are the polar opposites of the Texans in terms of rush defense. In a PPR league I'd be all over him. In fact, I was shocked to see him available in a 16-team redraft, and with my RB woes in said league, I happily picked him up and started him. If he doesn't get 75ish combined yards, including 3+ catches, I'd be shocked.

Exactly, Darin.

What I don't understand is the lack of the screen in our version of the WCO. It could be HUGH

I have Ogbonnaya in addition to Hillis... dropped Hardesty after his calf tear. This is turning into a situation in which I'll avoid in future years. I'm hoping that Hillis will put in a performance in weeks 15-16. Am I delusional?

I have Ogbonnaya in addition to Hillis... dropped Hardesty after his calf tear. This is turning into a situation in which I'll avoid in future years. I'm hoping that Hillis will put in a performance in weeks 15-16. Am I delusional?

Week 15 is the Cards and 16 we take on the Ravens.

If Hillis does somehow make it back onto the active roster, he should do well against the Cards. He had trouble against the Ravens last year in Week 16 but he was well worn down by then.

Your bigger question is does Hillis ever find his way off the Injury report.