[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC West

Sunday Couch Potatoe

Doesn't Seattle do this about once every year?

Can't recall where I read it, but most times home-field is considered worth a FG; someone calculated Seattle's home-field being worth over 10 pts (don't remember the methodology, either). That's insane.

Doesn't Seattle do this about once every year?

Can't recall where I read it, but most times home-field is considered worth a FG; someone calculated Seattle's home-field being worth over 10 pts (don't remember the methodology, either). That's insane.

Ya their 12th man is second to none those guys are nuts

Not to take anything away from the 49ers this year....but they are going to get punched right in the mouth next week to end their winning streak!! Cards D will be way too much for the ABC offense that SF has been putting up.........

:wacko:

While I believe the 49ers will fall short in the playoffs against teams like Green Bay, Chicago or Dallas (if they keep playing like they are), they are one of the better teams in the NFC. Their biggest hurdles will come against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and I'd expect them to lose maybe one of their five division games down the home stretch.

:wacko:

While I believe the 49ers will fall short in the playoffs against teams like Green Bay, Chicago or Dallas (if they keep playing like they are), they are one of the better teams in the NFC. Their biggest hurdles will come against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and I'd expect them to lose maybe one of their five division games down the home stretch.

The 49ers feel like Baltimore west... Flacco and Smith are comparable game manager types, each team rides a stud RB, and both are at their best when their defenses take over games. San Fran might crash the NFC Championship game this year, particularly if they play their way into a first round bye. They really need to hope they avoid the 4 seed so as to avoid a trip to Lambeau if they can win their home playoff game. Still, the way they are playing, and with the remaining schedule, they are in the drivers seat for a first round bye. And anyone can win a home playoff game against anyone IMO.

The 49ers feel like Baltimore west... Flacco and Smith are comparable game manager types, each team rides a stud RB, and both are at their best when their defenses take over games. San Fran might crash the NFC Championship game this year, particularly if they play their way into a first round bye. They really need to hope they avoid the 4 seed so as to avoid a trip to Lambeau if they can win their home playoff game. Still, the way they are playing, and with the remaining schedule, they are in the drivers seat for a first round bye. And anyone can win a home playoff game against anyone IMO.

good analysis pretty much how i see it as well

The 49ers are good no doubt, beat a good Giants team. Will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs against the better teams in the NFC.

The Cardinals, didn't see much of that game other than highlights, but the Eagles apparently collapsed again.

The Seahawks, they've had some decent games at home, but also lost to the Browns if memory is correct.

And the Rams, well they did beat a good Saints team recently, but today's win against the absolutely terrible Browns was nothing special. Well ok, the Browns are not completely terrible, there defense is decent. But the offense is attrocious and Coach Shurmur is a nitwit with some of play calls (seriously a hand off to the freaking TE on 2nd and goal). Wow, 9 points in the first quarter through 9 games :wacko:

Ya their 12th man is second to none those guys are nuts

Yeah we are! We are sooo close to being legitimate. We need to s*** can Browner and our DEF would be a solid threat each week. I am looking forward to playing for a REAL NFC west title again in 2 years.

You heard it here first.

Joe Flacco was flat out horrible today. I thought he was a much better QB than he showed. He threw at least a handful of balls to wide open receivers where he wasn't even in the same hemisphere. The Ravens IMO would be much better off with Alex Smith. The thing is, we don't know if Alex Smith could put up numbers if he has to. He hasn't had to. The defense and running game in SF really are playing that well.

For the life of me I can't figure out what St. Louis was trying to do this offseason. Had a ton of cash, used it all, and got nothing to show for it.

Seattle is quietly building what is going to be a really good defense over the next few years, and the running game and O-Line seem to be coming together a bit. But Baltimore's kick returner was 90% of their loss today. Gave it up twice and had a personal foul on his other return.

Not to take anything away from the 49ers this year....but they are going to get punched right in the mouth next week to end their winning streak!! Cards D will be way too much for the ABC offense that SF has been putting up.........

You were saying :wacko:

S.F. / Cards

Yards

430 to 230

Time of poss.

44 min. to 16 min.

Turnovers

1 to 5

23 to 7

I think someone else got punched right in the mouth! :tup:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

There should be a relegation, firings, fines or floggings to allow a team to clinch the Division by Thanksgiving..........I mean come on that's down right shameful.

NIners are looking good but I just don't buy it yet. I just can't figure how a coach can take the same players and go practically undefeated the following year.

Practically, because my Cowboys showed you what the rest of the Divisional competition is like, with a broke rib no less........... :tup:

I know, I know that doesn't mean much but it's nice to know my Boys are the only team that took it to you this year.

I actually find myself pulling for the niners their a good story..................I can't believe I just said that. :wacko:

There should be a relegation, firings, fines or floggings to allow a team to clinch the Division by Thanksgiving..........I mean come on that's down right shameful.

NIners are looking good but I just don't buy it yet. I just can't figure how a coach can take the same players and go practically undefeated the following year.

Practically, because my Cowboys showed you what the rest of the Divisional competition is like, with a broke rib no less........... :tup:

I know, I know that doesn't mean much but it's nice to know my Boys are the only team that took it to you this year.

I actually find myself pulling for the niners their a good story..................I can't believe I just said that. :wacko:

you might be forgetting that over the past few years they have play very good teams well...... and lost late. this year, aside for the :cough: fluke loss to the boys, they are closing those games.

Edited by Bier Meister