[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shanahan and his RB thing....

Cunning Runt

I'm genuinely perplexed by this. Not from fantasy standpoint, but from a real football standpoint.

I honestly do not understand what's in his football head when he does what he does with his RBs.

For all those who think he's a good coach, I've got news for you.... he isn't. He gets by on reputation.

But back on point, what exactly is he thinking is the benefit to what he does with his RBs 'cause I don't get it.

I don't have a dog in this RB fight (burned too many times) but I agree. What are the most common words that coaches and players use to describe good offense? Continuity, flow, rhythm, and on and on. How can a player or an offense be truly effective if they're constantly looking over their shoulder? I don't get it.

As I was ranting in the Tunnel Vision, why would he start Torain who was averaging 2.0 yards per carry for the last four weeks over Helu who was genuinely impressive last week so that Torain could gain 2.0 yards per carry again and then Helu comes in to gain 6.8 YPC. I do not see the rationale for that and Shanahan waited until game time to announce it so there would be no time for media questions.

The good news is, that hopefully we won't have to put up with his BS too much longer. He has been failing for quite some time now. I can't imagine he will be coaching in the NFL beyond this season (or maybe one more at the most). It's just not good football. I'm sure he thinks that he is pulling one over on the other team, but as a strategy it just doesn't work. Do the good NFL teams regularly pull a last minute RB switcheroo just to mess with the other team's D? Of course not. They put their best players on the field for as much time as possible.

For all those who think he's a good coach, I've got news for you.... he isn't. He gets by on reputation.

THANK YOU! I've been saying that for years. I loath him. At the beginning of this season I began to eat my words and gave him props but then everything went south of cheese...as normal.

As I was ranting in the Tunnel Vision, why would he start Torain who was averaging 2.0 yards per carry for the last four weeks over Helu who was genuinely impressive last week so that Torain could gain 2.0 yards per carry again and then Helu comes in to gain 6.8 YPC. I do not see the rationale for that and Shanahan waited until game time to announce it so there would be no time for media questions.

I couldn't get it either. I watched the SF game and was genuinely impressed with Helu, even aside from the 14 or whatever catches he made. Kid was running well against a great run D. He was a FA so I picked him up. Of course, I wasn't going to start him because I knew Shanny would screw me, and he would have.

But I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell he's thinking.

I couldn't get it either. I watched the SF game and was genuinely impressed with Helu, even aside from the 14 or whatever catches he made. Kid was running well against a great run D. He was a FA so I picked him up. Of course, I wasn't going to start him because I knew Shanny would screw me, and he would have.

But I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell he's thinking.

Dain Bramage. Has Shanny ever passed the new concussion tests?

Shannahan HATES fantasy football and think he does this just to piss us off. Otherwise, he's just a moran. Don't worry, he is on borrowed time.

Forget FF, what about actually trying to win games? You've got a kid who just broke the team record for catches and ran well against one of the best defenses in the league. What about that doesn't spell "ride the hot hand"? You know, so your team might win?

Forget FF, what about actually trying to win games? You've got a kid who just broke the team record for catches and ran well against one of the best defenses in the league. What about that doesn't spell "ride the hot hand"? You know, so your team might win?

Pretty much.

I don't get it. I really don't.

If Helu looks to be the right Choice, then clearly Choice will be the right Choice this weekend... until next weekend when Choice will no longer be the right Choice.

So we should pickup Choice and start Choice, unless we have a better choice? But only this weekend :wacko:

I have Helu and plugged him in when announced as the starter 2 weeks ago and was quite happy. Much to my dismay it didn't work out last week. Only rationale I can come up with for the decision last week is that Helu put it on the ground twice during his big week. But still, if he's such a fumbling problem why put him in again when Torain sucks? :wacko:

Despite hearing all of the warnings about owning Shanihan RB's, I fell victim. I picked Helu up as soon as he was announced the week 9 starter, didn't start him, and he performed well. So what does Shanny do the very next week? Reverts back to the guy who averages about two yards a carry. Despite the fact that the season is pretty much lost, and he needs to get the rookie prospect some playing time and experience. And despite the fact that Helu gives him the best chance to win. And despite the fact that Helu is the most talented back on his roster.

As I read more and more from FF'ers who've experienced his BS in the past, the only conclusion I can draw is that this guy is simply a control freak, old school coach whom the game has bypassed. I won't pick up any more of his RB's, how could you ever start one with any confidence at all? He's bad for fantasy, but worse yet, is a terrible head coach. He has to take full ownership for the mess that is the Redskins. I can't believe the DC press & Redskins nation are not up in arms over this guy. Can't wait until he gets his involuntary retirement.

Despite hearing all of the warnings about owning Shanihan RB's, I fell victim. I picked Helu up as soon as he was announced the week 9 starter, didn't start him, and he performed well. So what does Shanny do the very next week? Reverts back to the guy who averages about two yards a carry. Despite the fact that the season is pretty much lost, and he needs to get the rookie prospect some playing time and experience. And despite the fact that Helu gives him the best chance to win. And despite the fact that Helu is the most talented back on his roster.

As I read more and more from FF'ers who've experienced his BS in the past, the only conclusion I can draw is that this guy is simply a control freak, old school coach whom the game has bypassed. I won't pick up any more of his RB's, how could you ever start one with any confidence at all? He's bad for fantasy, but worse yet, is a terrible head coach. He has to take full ownership for the mess that is the Redskins. I can't believe the DC press & Redskins nation are not up in arms over this guy. Can't wait until he gets his involuntary retirement.

The real problem with the Redskins is their idiot owner who thinks he is the next Jerry Jones, who himself things is the next Al Davis.

At least you don't think Shanahan is changing starting RBs just to screw with fantasy players.