[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Matthews

detlef

Mathews runs to high and needs to get behind his pads lower (like Tolbert). He has become much better in the passing game as the season has gone on, but with the OL dessimated, it doesn't show as much.

Running lower should help him stay healthier and fumble less. He is working on it, owns up to both fumbling and needing to play through pain rather than making excuses. This should count for something for all you haters that have never really played more than tiddlywinks and FF.

If you remember, AP had a bad case of fumblitis his first couple years, got dinged a lot and split carries with another back. I'm not saying he is the next AP, but it is too early to give up on him completely.

Potential is not a great asset for a FF player, so for now I would avoid him. Next year could be a blossoming into the top tier or proof he was another first round flop by A. J. I do agree he has been a solid #2 for me in a ppr, but the fumbles piss me off as I have lost THREE friggen games this year by less than a point (all games he fumbled in). :wacko::tup::lol:

Edited by McBoog

If you remember, AP had a bad case of fumblitis his first couple years, got dinged a lot and split carries with another back. I'm not saying he is the next AP, but it is too early to give up on him completely.
AP definitely had fumbling problems early in his career (a problem he completely solved last year) and he split carries with Chester Taylor, but I don't recall him being particularly fragile -- he's actually been incredibly durable over his career.

To me, that's the biggest concern with Matthews -- he just can't manage to stay on the field -- it's one injury after another.

the upright style comes from being track stars all their lives. no one punishes them until college for running like that and by the time they get to the NFL it is too late

Eric Dickerson was pretty successful with it. :wacko: