[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else starting both Gore and Hunter?

detlef

It finally dawned on me last week that I needed to start both Arian Foster and Ben Tate (league can start up to 4 backs) and it paid off nicely. Of course, now they're on the bye and Gore is a somewhat iffy prospect. Mind you, the last time I sat him because he was supposedly nursing a bum wheel, he had his first good game of the year.

I could easily see both Gore and Hunter putting up reasonable numbers this week. Either that or one puts up great numbers and the other doesn't do much. Either way, given the byes, I could do worse?

I guess it would depend on your other options.

and you know, we do have an "advice" forum for exactly this kind of question. :tup:

:wacko:

this. you can count on X amount of points if you start both of them. depending on who else you have, you will likely be minimizing your lineup.

I guess it would depend on your other options.

and you know, we do have an "advice" forum for exactly this kind of question. :tup:

I wasn't asking if I should. I'm going to. I was just curious if anyone else had come to the same conclusion.

I wouldn't unless i was very desperate.

I'm reading far too many threads where guys are relying on some pretty iffy prospects at RB1 and 2 to think that many are in too good of shape to contemplate it.

I can easily see them combining for 150 and 2 TDs and there are plenty of weeks where you're going to be happy getting 75 yds and a TD from 2 of your RBs. Especially if you've got bye week issues.

Hell, I took just a bit of heat when I started a similar thread last week regarding promoting Tate from handcuff to starter alongside Foster. As it turns out, I ended up with the #2 and #13 RBs started that week.

It's pretty much a fantasy advice question as worded. :wacko:

It's actually not, but that's cool. No other options provided, no "should I do this?". Merely a "?" added at the end to say that I'm doing it but not with a ton of conviction.

hey, it's ok to ask advice questions. just direct them to the right forum is all. :tup:

wow! sticklers, here...i actually viewed this as more of a "strategy" question, rather than for advice...but, hey, who am i to question? :lol:

anyway, to answer the original post (whatever it may be, strategy, advice, etc.), for what it's worth, no, i have never started two RBs from the same team, however i have also found that everytime i put a lot of analysis into something like this, i end up out-thinking myself!!! :wacko:

So, just go w/your gut...

about 10-11 years ago had success running robert smith and hoard as a flex, then in years that followed combos of michael bennett, moe williams, ontario smith. was safe to start dwill and stewart, rw and ronnie brown more recently. i just think that in this offense points for one will come at the expense of the other.

Edited by Bier Meister

I'm starting Hunter against the Gore owner in my league. With Bradshaw injured, and benching Greene tonight, I gotta hope that Hunter gets a good dose of carries.

You are saying that YOU are benching Greene tonight? I'm not so sure thats a good move.