[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson ? Rest of season potential

djk80

Matt Schaub hurt....Johnson coming back after the buy

Johnson has a favorable schedule too especially for a playoff fantasy team

I'm thinking about trading him but he could be huge in those last few weeks for the playoffs rest of his schedule looks like this

12 @JAC

13 ATL

14 @CIN

15 CAR

16 @IND

Matt Schaub hurt....Johnson coming back after the buy

Johnson has a favorable schedule too especially for a playoff fantasy team

I'm thinking about trading him but he could be huge in those last few weeks for the playoffs rest of his schedule looks like this

12 @JAC

13 ATL

14 @CIN

15 CAR

16 @IND

FWIW, those names look great and all, but in terms of FF strength of schedule, they're not that friendly to WR in terms of FF scoring. Only 5 teams face a stretch over those 5 games that pays out less to WRs.

FWIW, those names look great and all, but in terms of FF strength of schedule, they're not that friendly to WR in terms of FF scoring. Only 5 teams face a stretch over those 5 games that pays out less to WRs.

Also FWIW, every team that plays Houston has to focus on stopping the run, and for most teams, that means stacking the box. There should be plenty of passing opportunities and single coverage for AJ.

Jacksonville is solid, tough D there.

Atlanta is good against the run, but middle of the pack against the pass.

Cincy just lost their shutdown corner for the season, so we will see how that goes.

Carolina has actually been pretty good against the pass, but they are one of the worst in the league against the run. They will have to stack the box big time to stop Foster/Tate.

And then there's the Colts.

The Leinart factor has yet to be seen, but it's hard to imagine a better situation for a backup qb to step into and produce (great o-line, great run game, great dump off options, and one of the best wideouts in the game).

I'm an AJ owner and I'm pretty optimistic about his chances to produce good numbers when he comes back, especially if Leinart comes in and does well against Jacksonville. It will be a nice confidence booster and hopefully he'll want to take some big shots downfield for the rest of the season.

Edited by hardway

Has it been confirmed that he is even running yet? I wouldn't expect them to force him the ball at all because they will lock up the divison easily.

But with Foster and Tate performing top notch, they won't have to force it to him. I don't see him blowing up but hes going to be a constant producer.

id say he averages 11-14 non ppr points a week in games he is fully healthy this year

Wow, you sound exactly like someone on ESPN.

Yup, Andre will suck because of all that now. Cut em! :wacko:

Panic and overcoaching is funny.

:tup:

The OP said

"I'm thinking about trading him but he could be huge in those last few weeks for the playoffs rest of his schedule looks like this"

They think he could be huge down the stretch, I have my doubts. They guy hasn't even returned to game action after his injury, has a new QB (who hasn't proven he is capable) and a pair of running backs that are doing very well.

Where did I say that he will suck or that he should be cut. I didn't even say he should be traded.

What valuable feedback do you have? Apparently none.

Wow, you sound exactly like someone on ESPN.

Yup, Andre will suck because of all that now. Cut em! :wacko:

Panic and overcoaching is funny.

Wow...can you read at all? Considering the question marks surrounding his health as well as the QB situation, this was a valid question. As the one poster said...See Larry Fitz...None said he will suck, but who knows if he will produce with all of those question marks.

I think the answer to this lies in the rest of the field. Will Andre Johnson be a stud? Maybe not. But look at all of the other WR's this season. You've got Calvin Johnson who produces consistently, then you've got maybe Welker, Wallace, Steve Smith, and Jennings who are ok... after that you pretty much have huge concerns and question marks for every other WR out there. So by comparison, Andre Johnson might end up being a pretty good play once he comes back just becasue there are so few other WR's you can really rely upon this year.

I think the answer to this lies in the rest of the field. Will Andre Johnson be a stud? Maybe not. But look at all of the other WR's this season. You've got Calvin Johnson who produces consistently, then you've got maybe Welker, Wallace, Steve Smith, and Jennings who are ok... after that you pretty much have huge concerns and question marks for every other WR out there. So by comparison, Andre Johnson might end up being a pretty good play once he comes back just becasue there are so few other WR's you can really rely upon this year.

Colston should be listed with them...since he's been back, he's been just as productive as the guys who are "ok" imo.....he led all receivers in points in my local in his 2nd and 3rd week back....his 1st game back doesn't really count for me as he was very limited...

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but at least he's made it onto the practice field:

Andre Johnson - WR - Houston Texans Posted 11/21/11 1:41pm et

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) participated in practice Monday, Nov. 21, and head coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson should be able to play in Week 12.

It will be interesting to see how the change from Schaub to Leinart will affect his production. Personally (and this may be the homer in me), I'd guess that Leinart leans on him as a safety blanket. If Andre's healthy, he should produce at a high level, regardless of the QB.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but at least he's made it onto the practice field:

It will be interesting to see how the change from Schaub to Leinart will affect his production. Personally (and this may be the homer in me), I'd guess that Leinart leans on him as a safety blanket. If Andre's healthy, he should produce at a high level, regardless of the QB.

I see a lot of Foster and Daniels....maybe Andre comes up late in the game with some plays, but I see Leinart being brought in slowly

Colston should be listed with them...since he's been back, he's been just as productive as the guys who are "ok" imo.....he led all receivers in points in my local in his 2nd and 3rd week back....his 1st game back doesn't really count for me as he was very limited...

Jordy Nelson anyone?

this too....he's clearly the #2 over Finley right now...

I'm not sure he is the #2. Target wise, yes, but after yesterday he has outscored Jennings in fantasy points this year. His knack for catching long TD passes plus the fact that Rodgers really seems to like him in the red zone make him the #1 fantasy option on that team in my opinion.

I'm not sure he is the #2. Target wise, yes, but after yesterday he has outscored Jennings in fantasy points this year. His knack for catching long TD passes plus the fact that Rodgers really seems to like him in the red zone make him the #1 fantasy option on that team in my opinion.

I'm not talking targets, I'm talking fantasy production and he's the #1 numbers-wise but if you had the choice between Jennings and Nelson I'm pretty sure you would take Jennings and then throw Finley in the mix and I would take Nelson 2nd between the three...

I'm not talking targets, I'm talking fantasy production and he's the #1 numbers-wise but if you had the choice between Jennings and Nelson I'm pretty sure you would take Jennings and then throw Finley in the mix and I would take Nelson 2nd between the three...

Thats a good point Avernus. I have Nelson and if offered Jennings straight up I would do that trade, but it wouldnt be as easy as it should be to pull the trigger based on YTD production. Nelson's last 16 games i believe read something like 68/1265/12. He produces at an alarmingly high rate of fantasy points per target.

• 2 weeks later...

An FYI for this week vs the Falcons, CB Brent Grimes just had minor surgery that will keep him out a few weeks (huge blow for us Falcon fans in a must-win stretch to lose the probowl corner).

That means that Dunta Robinson will be covering Andre, and while he's a great tackler, he's pretty average in coverage, facing one of the best WRs in the game. That would seem to be an inexperienced QB's best friend (in addition to the running game, of course).

The caveat to that is that it will push Chris Owens and the largely unknown Walls into playing time with Hayden being out too, and if you remember the ATL/GB playoff game from last year, Owens was Aaron Rodgers' whipping boy, and has continued that trend of getting picked on for big plays this year. Yates might find some guys open, that's for sure. We'll see if he can hit any of them though...

Either way, I don't know that this game will be a great indication of Andre going forward, but should at least let us know if his QB will even try to hit him in a favorable matchup, or if they continue to hold him back for the stretch and playoffs. This news certainly doesn't hurt his prospects this week though.

An FYI for this week vs the Falcons, CB Brent Grimes just had minor surgery that will keep him out a few weeks (huge blow for us Falcon fans in a must-win stretch to lose the probowl corner).

That means that Dunta Robinson will be covering Andre, and while he's a great tackler, he's pretty average in coverage, facing one of the best WRs in the game. That would seem to be an inexperienced QB's best friend (in addition to the running game, of course).

The caveat to that is that it will push Chris Owens and the largely unknown Walls into playing time with Hayden being out too, and if you remember the ATL/GB playoff game from last year, Owens was Aaron Rodgers' whipping boy, and has continued that trend of getting picked on for big plays this year. Yates might find some guys open, that's for sure. We'll see if he can hit any of them though...

Either way, I don't know that this game will be a great indication of Andre going forward, but should at least let us know if his QB will even try to hit him in a favorable matchup, or if they continue to hold him back for the stretch and playoffs. This news certainly doesn't hurt his prospects this week though.

So don't start the Falcons defense this week?

Thanks for the update. I'm keeping AJ on my bench as I think I have better options this week, but hopefully he can get going so I can use him in the playoffs. :fingerscrossed:

So don't start the Falcons defense this week?

I don't know if I'd go that far, it's still an NFL D going against a rookie QB in his first start, but I would definitely temper expectations with the guy with the best nose for the football out (Grimes), and the secondary possibly getting lit up if Yates can hit them...