[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Q.B.'s with starts this year...

Ditkaless Wonders

I'd have to say that the following Q.B.'s are not as good as Tebow, or at the least are in the discussion of not being as good.

McNaab

Sanchez

Cassel

Jackson

Henne

Painter

Collins

Grossman

Beck

Moore

Kolb.

To me Tebow is a young McNaab. Not as pretty a ball maybe, but no less accurate.

Of course those guys should probably be out of the league in the next few years excepting maybe Kolb and Sanchez who might grow into the role.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

:wacko:

What could possibly go wrong with this thread?

I think that's a pretty solid list, excepting that you mention Kolb later and don't put him on the initial list.

Thanks for catching the Kolb oversight.

Of particular interest to me after seeing Sanchez the other night was realizing that he still cannot throw a crossing pattern, has no touch on flair outs, and that his arm is so week he cannot get the ball into the endzone on a hail mary when that play starts on the opponent's side of the 50 yard line.

I left off Gabbert because he is young and still has tremendous upside.

I did not want to push the argument by listing three others who have had poor games but are clearly advanced beyond Tebow. I probably should have looked too at Seattle and the Rams for the starts they have had by backups, but those are backups on injured teams and that just doesn't seem right. Oh, and what to do with Orton, the man Tebow replaced?

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Painter is the only name on that list that I agree with.

I think one can make arguments either way on the others. I'm just saying it is not clear. I'm saying it is debateable. I find that interesting. What it really tells me is that there remains a solid market for all the Rookies out there as well as for Matt Flynn. Earlier this year I made an argument that Q.B. play in the league was at an all-time high, now I wonder.

It will be interesting to see if Leinart and Young can enter the market discussion with their opportunities today. Sort of interesting to me actually that Leinart and Young continue to have parallels in their careers.

Also, I was just fascinated at how bad Sanchez was, and that was not the first time I saw him leave a turd on the field.

Tebow has more wins than Vick and less talent around him

I'll hang-up and wait for Waterboy but its probably because Jesus only loves of of them. Racist :wacko:

We've all ready talked about this. The Broncos have beat bottom barrel teams and have been stomped hard by the better teams.

Looking at who the Eagles lost to, it seems those teams all have winning records.

We've all ready talked about this. The Broncos have beat bottom barrel teams and have been stomped hard by the better teams.

Looking at who the Eagles lost to, it seems those teams all have winning records.

Really, that's the best you got?

Yep, Cards are pretty stout

Besides Buffalo the other 4 teams probably make the playoffs. Of course if Vick could get his completion % above 65% it would help but that's probably because he lacks good WRs and a run game :wacko:

The question for Tebow is how quickly will the game slow down for him, or will it at all. Will he be able to go through progressions? Let's say he will be able to. Will he be able to make the throws? Wouldn't expect him to make them like Rodgers, but will he be able to accurately throw a ball? I haven't seen any evidence that he'll be a QB that can.

It's a good story. His comebacks are fun, his resilency is impressive, there is no doubt about his heart and what that can do for the fellas around him.

He really has a soft schedule for the rest of the year - the jury will still be out in the off season and this Tebow debate will be like picnic gnats.

I'd have to say that the following Q.B.'s are not as good as Tebow, or at the least are in the discussion of not being as good.

McNaab

Sanchez

Cassel

Jackson

Henne

Painter

Collins

Grossman

Beck

Moore

Kolb.

To me Tebow is a young McNaab. Not as pretty a ball maybe, but no less accurate.

Of course those guys should probably be out of the league in the next few years excepting maybe Kolb and Sanchez who might grow into the role.

Yay another Teboner thread!!

:wacko: Really?

:tup:

McNaab-OLD BUT WAS BETTER THAN TEBOW WILL EVER BE

Sanchez-BETTER THAN TEBOW...AND HE SUCKS

Cassel-FLAT OUT BETTER THAN TEBOW

Jackson-HORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

Henne-HORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

Painter-HORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

Collins-OLD BUT WAS BETTER THAN TEBOW WILL EVER BE

Grossman-HORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

Beck-HORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

MooreHORRIBLE-NO BUSINESS IN THE LEAGUE

Kolb.BETTER THAN TEBOW

So you have picked most of the terrible qbs that have played this year. Some some are uglier as a plaer than Tebow. What's the point? That the league has terrible players at the qb position? Sure they do. Is every one one those teams looking for a better QB? Sure they are. Silly thread.

As a Browns fan I'm happy that McCoy isn't on that list. I think he can succeed, but the team needs to give him a good running game, and some threats at WR (Little could be one).

He seems to be making progress in a less than ideal situation so I could not put him on the list. Right now he is, to me, clearly a tier up on the list of schlubs above.

So you have picked most of the terrible qbs that have played this year. Some some are uglier as a plaer than Tebow. What's the point? That the league has terrible players at the qb position? Sure they do. Is every one one those teams looking for a better QB? Sure they are. Silly thread.

It was an observation, not an argument for Tebow

And yet all of those QBs (who no one thought could be quality NFL starters besides the few "Sanchize" believers) have much better completion percentages and have as much as twice the passing yards per game as the guy who supposedly shows so much promise... It is actually supposed to be easier to have a higher completion % with less weight, and teams keying in on the run should also inflate a completion % if you're a competent enough passer.

So not only is it completely pointless to compare Tebow to "those guys (that) should probably be out of the league in the next few years", they're all actually better passers (and that's not including the rookies and the latest example Locker, who all are sporting better passing numbers without even the luxury of 1 offseason); Unless of course your point is that in his second year in the NFL he's slightly better (but still not even close to as good of a passer) than guys who are virtually guaranteed to not be starting in a few years without vast improvement. If so, I resoundingly agree. There are always ways to be worse as a QB, but he couldn't get any worse as an NFL passer.

Interestingly enough, watching the Eagles-Giants game tonight, I realized who Tebow reminds me of - perhaps a slightly less talented Vince Young?

Not sure, but I remember Vince getting some hype for "winning ugly" during his rookie year. Of course, Vince turned out to be a knucklehead, obviously that's not the case with Tebow.