[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Q.B.'s with starts this year...

Ditkaless Wonders

Interestingly enough, watching the Eagles-Giants game tonight, I realized who Tebow reminds me of - perhaps a slightly less talented Vince Young?

Not sure, but I remember Vince getting some hype for "winning ugly" during his rookie year. Of course, Vince turned out to be a knucklehead, obviously that's not the case with Tebow.

I was thining something similar. Vince Young also has a peculiar throwing motion. People also tried to tinker with his motion. I see he still has that motion. I would not want Vince Young starting for my team.

He wins and that is all that matters. I mean come on

Young 1-0

Vick 3-6

Isn't it obvious? What else changed?

Doesn't matter how bad he passes, he's a winner :wacko: And if you don't agree you're just haters.

nice try...obviously too low of a sample size for young. But keep on hating...

We've all ready talked about this. The Broncos have beat bottom barrel teams and have been stomped hard by the better teams.

Looking at who the Eagles lost to, it seems those teams all have winning records.

More lies. The teams the broncos have played since tebow took over have a combined record of 24 wins 20 losses (after removing the 4 losses and 1 win against the broncos during those games). Keep on hating...

Too bad the Texans are not playing the Eagles. If they were we could have the Disappointment Bowl as Yung and Leinart square off in another of their epic battles. We could see which of these career disappointments prevails. Who knows, it might have restarted a career.

He wins and that is all that matters. I mean come on

Young 1-0

Vick 3-6

Isn't it obvious? What else changed?

Doesn't matter how bad he passes, he's a winner :wacko: And if you don't agree you're just haters racists.

Fixed

Please keep your blatant mischaracterization of arguments in proper order

Edited by Bronco Billy

Interestingly enough, watching the Eagles-Giants game tonight, I realized who Tebow reminds me of - perhaps a slightly less talented Vince Young?

I've said something similar before. That is the closest comparison I've found. Obviously Tebow has a better head on his shoulders but I don't know if that really matters as much as we want to believe.

Saying Tebow is better than McNabb is wetodded.

I've said something similar before. That is the closest comparison I've found. Obviously Tebow has a better head on his shoulders but I don't know if that really matters as much as we want to believe.

Its those kinds of thing that I see as giving Tebow some real future hope. I do believe in the "it" factor. I believe in hard work, work ethic, willingness to modify, the need to improve, the striving for excellence, the refusal to lose. I think Tebow has all those things going for him as well as a very strong character. He's a leader, no question. He has the arm strength and physical capabilities. It's sometimes those other things that can get a guy to the next level and beyond where those lacking have failed, and can buy him time to learn the game as it is played in the NFL

Now I think it is a matter of allowing him to throw the ball as he feels comfortable doing so - and letting him move when throwing, teaching him not to overthink during throws and not to overthrow the football, and adjusting to windows and reading Ds. The first parts are fairly easy - one is on the coaches and the other will come with experience and confidence. The last part about windows and reading Ds is the real question - but I remember watching McNair during his first 5 years playing and he couldn't read a D to save his life. He could play QB effectively at the NFL level, but you'd watch him make some really bad decisions throwing into coverage or make some just flat out #####y throws. But Fisher stuck by him, worked with him, and then the light suddenly seemed to come on and he took his QB play up a couple of notches. When that happened, TEN went from being a .500 team to a being regular playoff team and a real threat to get to the Super Bowl almost every year

Tebow is a leader who others are willing to follow. The DEN locker room has bought in - but winning games they were losing for two years will certainly help sell a guy. I don't think it's a coincidence that the D is playing much better since Tebow took over - DEN appears to be playing to win instead of playing not to lose. It seems that the other guys on the team have realized that if they can keep the game close that Tebow can create fireworks in the 4th quarter.

I think this comes down to how much patience DEN is willing to have with Tebow, and how hard they are willing to work with him. I have no question that Tebow will do whatever he needs to in order to get better. DEN still has some holes to fill in the draft - particularly interior OL, DL, CB, and RB definitely. Upgrades at MLB and WR probably are in order also, but not as great of a priority If they are willing to accept Tebow as a starter and coach him up, they can fill the other holes while Tebow cuts his teeth. Then see where he is in another couple of years and make the big QB decision - unless he shows a decided and pronounced inability to progress and learn, in which case a QB move may have to be made earlier.