[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FBS title picture

BeeR

Well sure enough tho OU came way back, great game. Now the other OU (Okla) was going to go for 2 down 38-37 dumb move - lucky for them in a wawy IMO they were called offsides and just tied it.

The drama!

Then Baylor scores a TD with :08 left

This thing is far from over, but I guess you can make a few assumptions of how this should/could play out. The crazy thing is the losses for many of the one/two loss teams is a; we beat you, but they beat us and you beat them and the SEC could end up the same way.

BIG 12

• OU- has to be out with their second loss of the year and the fact that they got beat by TTU, but a win over OSU will put them in the Big 12 CG and they should win.

• OSU- Seems to be loved by the computers and yesterday’s upsets keep them in the hunt, a loss in the Battle for Bedlam and they are out of the picture completely, a win and some help could get them back in the picture…..somehow.

• KSU- Can’t win the Big 12…can’t play for the title

PAC 12

• Stanford- #5 in the BSC, but an OU win over OSU and they can’t play for the Pac 12 title, were manhandled by a 2 loss OU team..I can’t see how they get in.

• OU- Should win the Pac 12, but 2 losses should not get them in over 2 of the 3, LSU (even with a loss) Bama and Ark.

ACC

• Va Tech- You have to think they have a shot here with some help, only loss (23-3) to a good Clemson team..maybe UVA will beat them and end their chances.

BIG 10

• Best are 2 loss teams, can’t see anyone getting a nod here

SEC

• LSU- Control their destiny, but Ark always gives them fits, a win and they get one half of the NCG even if they lose to UGA in the SEC CG.

• Ark- I think they can reach the NCG if they beat #1 LSU and #13 UGA and win the SEC. The big question here is will a win over LSU get them the points to jump Bama and win the three way tiebreaker to play for the SEC title?

• Bama- They have to sit and wait, they beat in-state rival AU and they either play for the SEC title or sit home and watch and hope they get a rematch with LSU/Ark or play Va Tech or OSU for the NCG.

So the way I see it, there are only 5 teams that have a shot and the NCG will be any combo of these teams:

LSU / BAMA / ARK / Va TECH / OSU

Bama doesn't deserve to play in the national championship game if they don't even make it to their own conference championship game.

ETA: It just isn't right if Bama played in the NC game against LSU and won. Basically, then you would have had a team that lost at home to LSU, didn't have to play an extra game (which, oh BTW, is their own conference championship game), and then gets to claim that they are the best team in the country??

Even though I may think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, in my mind they lost the right to take it from LSU because of those factors. Personally I believe it should be between the winner of the Okla. and OSU game.

ETA2:

Hell, give Boise St. a shot, no one else seems up to the task and it would finally shut up all those whiners!

Edited by millerx

Bama doesn't deserve to play in the national championship game if they don't even make it to their own conference championship game.

ETA: It just isn't right if Bama played in the NC game against LSU and won. Basically, then you would have had a team that lost at home to LSU, didn't have to play an extra game (which, oh BTW, is their own conference championship game), and then gets to claim that they are the best team in the country??

Even though I may think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, in my mind they lost the right to take it from LSU because of those factors. Personally I believe it should be between the winner of the Okla. and OSU game.

Yer outa your mind! You think that the teams that lost to Texas Tech, Baylor and Iowa State are more deserving than Alabama? :tup: How bout' the SEC East Champion, Georgia Bulldogs?? ....... Oh that's right they lost at home to the Boise State Bronco's. :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

If I may ask a question to the "the regular season is the play-off" camp? Say LSU beats ARK and goes to the SEC title game. Win or lose, you've got to figure they're in the BCS title game. Who jumps them?

So, explain how all the games leading up to the BCS are a play-off when a team can lose their last game prior to the championship and still go? In your deluded little world, aren't the conference championships sort of the "semis"? And, if that's the case, you've basically got two teams, one of whom (Bama) didn't qualify to play in the "semis" and another who lost theirs. And I'm not arguing that these two teams aren't the best two teams in the country.

But your side harps on how a play-off would take away from some of the games. Isn't making the title game for the most prestigious conference in America a formality sort of the same thing? Especially in light of the fact that the title game for the ACC, Pac 12 and Big 10 are essentially meaningless in terms of determining the Natl. Champ.

If I may ask a question to the "the regular season is the play-off" camp? Say LSU beats ARK and goes to the SEC title game. Win or lose, you've got to figure they're in the BCS title game. Who jumps them?

So, explain how all the games leading up to the BCS are a play-off when a team can lose their last game prior to the championship and still go? In your deluded little world, aren't the conference championships sort of the "semis"? And, if that's the case, you've basically got two teams, one of whom (Bama) didn't qualify to play in the "semis" and another who lost theirs. And I'm not arguing that these two teams aren't the best two teams in the country.

But your side harps on how a play-off would take away from some of the games. Isn't making the title game for the most prestigious conference in America a formality sort of the same thing? Especially in light of the fact that the title game for the ACC, Pac 12 and Big 10 are essentially meaningless in terms of determining the Natl. Champ.

Problem with the playoffs is that the two best teams might actually play in same division of the same conference. Which is sort of what I have been saying for the past few years about the SEC. This past weekend is exactly what makes college football regular season so much better than the NFL. And believe it or not there are still alot of things that could happen.

Problem with the playoffs is that the two best teams might actually play in same division of the same conference. Which is sort of what I have been saying for the past few years about the SEC. This past weekend is exactly what makes college football regular season so much better than the NFL. And believe it or not there are still alot of things that could happen.

LSU, Bama, and ARK could all be included in a 8 or 12 team play-off if there was one. And then all 3 would have the opportunity to prove it on the field.

As it stands, if ARK beats LSU, all three are going to have the exact argument the others have. Each beat one of the other two and each has only a loss to one of the other two. And one of them is going to be left out.

And what about this effed up situation?

ARK beats LSU. I have no idea which of the those three then goes to #1, but it doesn't matter. Say that team then loses to UGA in the SEC title game. Do the two other teams, both idle that week jump them? Well that would be effing great, wouldn't it?

LSU, Bama, and ARK could all be included in a 8 or 12 team play-off if there was one. And then all 3 would have the opportunity to prove it on the field.

As it stands, if ARK beats LSU, all three are going to have the exact argument the others have. Each beat one of the other two and each has only a loss to one of the other two. And one of them is going to be left out.

And what about this effed up situation?

ARK beats LSU. I have no idea which of the those three then goes to #1, but it doesn't matter. Say that team then loses to UGA in the SEC title game. Do the two other teams, both idle that week jump them? Well that would be effing great, wouldn't it?

Geaux Dawgs!!!!!! :wacko:

The regular season is basically a playoff.

Get back to me if this 'what if' of yours actually happens.

What if Notre Dame beats Stanford and jumps everybody?

The regular season is basically a playoff.

Get back to me if this 'what if' of yours actually happens.

What if Notre Dame beats Stanford and jumps everybody?

Ok, let's forget the "what if" that detlef presented.

If LSU beat Arkansas and Georgia, win the SEC and finish unbeaten then they should be NC. End of discussion. After all, the regular season is basically a playoff.

Ok, let's forget the "what if" that detlef presented.

If LSU beat Arkansas and Georgia, win the SEC and finish unbeaten then they should be NC. End of discussion. After all, the regular season is basically a playoff.

Got to agree with this. If they win their last two, they shouldn't have to play a NC game. Crown em'!