[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 11: Downgrade Reed Doughty & George Wilson

Reed Doughty is ranked extremely high for Week 11. Shouldn't he be dropped down considerably in the Huddle rankings considering that he will most likely be rotating with Oshiomogho Atogwe?

Also, it's looking like George Wilson is not a go for Week 11, so does that bump up Da'Norris Searcy?

I rated Doughty a 2-star play from the get go...to risky to rely on...if Atogwe is back he loses value...if Landry can't go, he regains it...Doughty is what I will call a FGTD(fantasy game time decision)

Secondary: LaRon Landry is quietly starting to produce like the LaRon Landry we saw last season. Since the Redskins bye week, Landry ranks 5th among DBs in fantasy points scored. The Cowboys are a pretty neutral matchup for DBs, but Landry needs to be in your lineup, because you just never know when he is going to blow up. OJ Atogwe missed another week, but this time he probably burned an owner or two. While the Redskins didn't deactivate Otogwe, they didn't play him either, due to his injury he was evidently just available in emergency. This week things look more promising for Atogwe, as he practiced fully on Monday. But after last week's debacle I think it would be best to wait and see Atogwe actually get back on the field before inserting him into lineups. I know that won't be easy, especially seeing that Reed Doughty has put up 17 and 18 points in his stead the past two weeks. This week, Doughty would also make a risky play since he could go back to his reserve roll, could rotate with Atogwe, or even play every down if Atogwe has a setback. So if you want to play Doughty just wait and see what Mike Shanahan has to say about the issue. Yes, there is a bit of sarcasm in that previous sentence.

Wilson I initially hated rated higher but I downgraded him to "injured" ...Searcy evidently was 1st up when Wilson went down last week but I think the rook is also a bit of a risk...wouldn't be surprised to see him get the start....but also wouldn't be surprised to see Scott take the bulk of the snaps...it all adds up to a risky situation...DBs is far to deep to take those types of risks at this point in the season.

Secondary: Last week it was nice to see George Wilson put his week 7 flub behind him, putting up 14 fantasy points. What hurts is that he did that in just 33 snaps, as a stinger ended his day early last week. As of this writing Wilson missed practice on Wednesday due to the stinger, stay tuned in to the injury report this week to see if Wilson will be a go or not against the Dolphins. This might be a bit hard to believe but the Dolphins rank 6th in points to DBs. Jairus Byrd didn't get the preseason hype that Wilson got and for the most part he is still flying under the radar, but he shouldn't be. All that Byrd has done is rack up 135 fantasy points, which ranks 6th among DBs. Wilson is the top dog with 25 more points than Byrd, for those that are mathematically challenged, Wilson has scored 160 fantasy points. Both should easily be penciled in to starting lineups this week, that is if Wilson is able to get past his injury issue.

I probably could/should have addressed the Searcy/Scott part of things but early in the week I still had hope that Wilson would be good to go.

Wilson I initially hated rated higher but I downgraded him to "injured" ...Searcy evidently was 1st up when Wilson went down last week but I think the rook is also a bit of a risk...wouldn't be surprised to see him get the start....but also wouldn't be surprised to see Scott take the bulk of the snaps...it all adds up to a risky situation...DBs is far to deep to take those types of risks at this point in the season.

I probably could/should have addressed the Searcy/Scott part of things but early in the week I still had hope that Wilson would be good to go.

D'Noris Searcy has been my pickup of the week. He's playing great today in Wilson's place with 8 tackles and 2 assists so far.