[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peterson helped off the field

montster

Adrian Peterson said after Sunday's game that his left ankle sprain will not cost him any time moving forward. Analysis: "That's not in my DNA," he said. "I'm going to try to get back as fast as I can and God willing, I'll be up and ready to run this weekend." The St. Paul Pioneer Press does allow for the possibility of a high ankle sprain, but it sounds like Peterson would -- at most -- miss one game because of the injury. Peterson does have a track record of playing hurt. He has missed just three games in his five-year career, and just one since his rookie season.

Never know with players as they always say good to go, and the MRI will tell all, but it appears he avoided major injury. Maybe he misses next week worst case, and then is back.

Edited by giantsfan

Reports are saying that it is a 1st degree high ankle sprain. Good news I guess. Third degree variety or tearing of the ligaments would spell out for multiple games if not more. Wouldn't count on Peterson week 12, especially given the Vikes record. Week 13 is my projection. With Fred Jackson hurt now too I'm starting to sweat. :wacko:

For anyone who has already clinched a FF playoff spot, it isn't really too terrible to have him a sit out a few games and them come back rested a game before the playoffs.

If you need him *now* though.....then ouch.

My thoughts exactly. I think WORST CASE he misses weeks 12 and 13. So if you are in the playoffs I bet he is back week 14 (if not 13). After what went down yesterday I view this as good news.

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) suffered a Grade 1 high ankle sprain and will wear a boot for a few days. Peterson may be able to start light football activity as soon as Friday, Nov. 25.

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said RB Adrian Peterson (ankle) suffered a Grade 1 high ankle sprain and will wear a boot for a few days. Peterson may be able to start light football activity as soon as Friday, Nov. 25. Analysis: The high ankle sprain is one of the tougher football injuries to recover from. We'll be paying close attention to his progress as the weeks develops. We'd be surprised if he takes the majority of the snaps against Atlanta, if he even plays at all.

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that Adrian Peterson will miss "at least" one game with his high left ankle sprain.

Analysis: Coach Leslie Frazier said Monday that the Vikings were holding out hope Peterson would be able to practice on Friday, but that's overly optimistic. The fact that Monday's MRI revealed "some ligament damage" is perhaps the most concerning development, regardless of the "Grade 1" characterization. Peterson's recovery timetable is going to depend on swelling and related factors that are unpredictable. Fantasy owners need to pick up Toby Gerhart and brace for a one- to two-game absence for Peterson, at least.

Do the Vikings have any reason whatsoever to bring him back onto the field?

Its a Grade 1 ankle sprain, not an ACL or a concussion. We're not talking about an injury where playing at a bit less than 100% might risk a career ending aggravation. They won't rush him back early, but if he's good to go by Week 14 or 15 I don't see them holding him out just because they are 3-11 or whatever.