[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Del Rio is an idiot

Zooty

Challenging a P.I. call

Uhm, you can't challenge pass interference. Is this your first NFL Sunday?

You CAN challenge whether or not the ball was tipped, general consensus is that it was, however the ref didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn what was called.

So who is the idiot again?

You CAN challenge whether or not the ball was tipped, general consensus is that it was, however the ref didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn what was called.

Don't feel obligated to go overboard on the warmth

That point was at that time in the game it was a terrible time to make a challenge for a play that had a poor chance of getting overturned. Its typical of the lousy decisions Del Rio makes and why he should be fired. The least of which is his propensity to cut his starting QB on the eve of the season which buys him an excuse when his team inevitably fails again.

You would know this as a 50 year old woman unless you really are the neighborhood troll back under a new user name waiting for your next banning. But I knew you take the bait :wacko: A jaguar can't change his spots

oy vey

Just win baby :wacko:

Dawson was an idiot yelling that the FG was good, kick it a little better and you won't make the ref decide for you. I'm guessing it wasn't that close or Shurmur would have challenged it.

I initially thought Del Rio was an idiot for challenging, until the announcers explained it. The replay looked like it was touched, but I guess the ref felt like it wasn't conclusive. Bad call, I don't know hard to say.

Both teams are pretty terrible and made plenty of mistakes that did (or almost) prevented them from winning.

Del Rio may still be an idiot and may deserve to be fired. But not over this one call. It would help if his players caught one of those last 2 passes at the end (3rd down was very catachable and bounced off the players hands or chest).

Not gloating by any means, happy the Browns won, but they didn't exactly prove much today.

Dawson was an idiot yelling that the FG was good, kick it a little better and you won't make the ref decide for you. I'm guessing it wasn't that close or Shurmur would have challenged it.

Not a reviewable play.

Jason hill should be cut for allowing that TD to bounce off his hands, and not giving it to MJD on the last play was a fireable offense.

How do you not give the ball to MJD on the goal line?

Your best player, and one of the best short yardage guys in the league, or a happy footed Jimmy Clausen clone in terms of pressure situations.

Not a reviewable play.

Jason hill should be cut for allowing that TD to bounce off his hands, and not giving it to MJD on the last play was a fireable offense.

Let's see, 3 seconds left, you need a TD, you're at the 1-yard line, MJD in the backfield and a rookie QB who has proven to be every bit the rookie ... so you run a pass play.

That point was at that time in the game it was a terrible time to make a challenge for a play that had a poor chance of getting overturned. Its typical of the lousy decisions Del Rio makes and why he should be fired. The least of which is his propensity to cut his starting QB on the eve of the season which buys him an excuse when his team inevitably fails again.

You would know this as a 50 year old woman unless you really are the neighborhood troll back under a new user name waiting for your next banning. But I knew you take the bait :tup: A jaguar can't change his spots

Hmmmm :wacko:

Good Call!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Not a reviewable play.

I heard something like that on the news tonight, the ref said it couldn't be reviewed because it wasn't below the top of the bar. But that part of the ball was inside the post, which seems to go against the criteria the announcers were talking about (not saying they're right, sometimes they don't know the rules well). I'm sure I'll hear more about it, and will read up more. Dawson said on the news that he won't speak his mind for fear of getting a fine. He'll let the media tell the story.

I still say, get the kick right, inside the uprights and not so high as to clear the post. Idiot kickers (he's been pretty solid, and the miss last week was not his fault).