[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marion Barber, the new Willis McGahee

troublez

Does Barber have to get every goalline carry. I don't understand, does Martz realize what he's doing to Forte? I just don't get it. On the most important play, you give it to your 2nd best running back. I'm done. I wish I lived in Chicago just so I could strangle him.

Does Barber have to get every goalline carry. I don't understand, does Martz realize what he's doing to Forte? I just don't get it. On the most important play, you give it to your 2nd best running back. I'm done. I wish I lived in Chicago just so I could strangle him.

"realize what hes doing to forte"

You mean throwing someone else in there to be a meat hammer instead of his prize war stud?

I'm a Forte owner in all my leagues this year. I went all in on him, and I have to say, that when they give him goal line carries he just doesn't get it done.

It is really sad but unfortunately true.

But again it wouldn't be fair to other owners if he also was the goalline carrier :wacko:

Edited by Papajohn

You might want to consider changing your user name, because Forte is not that good of a short-yardage runner.... And beyond that, the reason why some teams don't use their #1 back there is because the #2 can get the job done well enough to not have to risk injury and overload your best back (see Rice)... Or even further, there's this new hot thing in the NFL called RBBC that coaches like to use to keep backs fresh...

Oh sorry, didn't mean to let logic get in the way of people assuming that coaches care whether your FF player scores or not. The only thing that matters is that you score, and ummm, Barber did, so....

the reason why some teams don't use their #1 back there is because the #2 can get the job done well enough to not have to risk injury and overload your best back (see Rice)... Or even further, there's this new hot thing in the NFL called RBBC that coaches like to use to keep backs fresh...

Oh sorry, didn't mean to let logic get in the way of people assuming that coaches care whether your FF player scores or not. The only thing that matters is that you score, and ummm, Barber did, so....

That's pretty harsh criticism of a poster who, when we get right down to it, wishes Forte got the GL looks like other #1 RBs like Gore, Rice, McCoy, Foster, Turner, Jackson, MJD, Lynch, Peterson, etc.

Forte did pretty well in the goal-line role when barber was hurt earlier in the year, if I am not mistaken....

That's pretty harsh criticism of a poster who, when we get right down to it, wishes Forte got the GL looks like other #1 RBs like Gore, Rice, McCoy, Foster, Turner, Jackson, MJD, Lynch, Peterson, etc.

Forte did pretty well in the goal-line role when barber was hurt earlier in the year, if I am not mistaken....

Harsh criticism? Yes I was a bit sarcastic (thick skin required here), but the only thing I'm criticizing is the statement, "I don't understand, does Martz realize what he's doing to Forte?".... Don't you think that's a bit short-sighted to expect that Martz would call plays because of "what' he's doing to Forte" (which is silly logic in itself), and they're actually probably doing everyone a favor by not overworking him before he secures his big contract.

I just think it's silly to say that a guy, who as far as I've seen is not a great short-yardage runner, should not only be their leading rusher and receiver, but should be awarded the goal-line carries too, just because the other #1's get them.... Yes, I'd love it if every running back on my team led their teams in rushing/receiving yards, got all the goal-line looks and as many carries as he can possibly handle, but that's simply not what you're looking at with most running backs with increasing RBBCs...

It's like me saying as a Ryan owner that I wish they threw every time instead of always giving goal-line looks to Turner, but me wishing doesn't make it any more realistic or necessary, does it?

2 points...

1) Although it seems w/ Hanie that Forte will get more. He might but if Da Bears can't establish some kind of a passing O, the opposition will just focus on Forte! Solution: Da Bears still need passing. At least 24+ to keep the heat off of Hanie.

2) If anyone benefits from this it is Barber. A 2 RB set, w/ Forte playing the short receiver.

Hanie has to develop a passing game of some kind! If he can't the O is screwed, and the D won't be able to do enuff.