[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unofficial Eagles/Giants thread

keggerz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the rules were interpreted by the officials correctly, but the taunting came after the play was over. Why wasn't the penalty assessed from the new post-play spot? (The "during the play" penalty on the Giants would have been declined by the Eagles.)

I'm sure the rules were interpreted by the officials correctly, but the taunting came after the play was over. Why wasn't the penalty assessed from the new post-play spot? (The "during the play" penalty on the Giants would have been declined by the Eagles.)

This is what I thought should have happened.

Edited by buddahj

The rule is that you can't decline an offsetting penalty.

The rule is that you can't decline an offsetting penalty.

my point is that it should not have been an offsetting penalty--one penalty occured during the play, the other occured after the play

For example, would the officials have really called back a touchdown if the player "taunted" as part of his touchdown dance just because the defense was, say, offsides?

my point is that it should not have been an offsetting penalty--one penalty occured during the play, the other occured after the play

For example, would the officials have really called back a touchdown if the player "taunted" as part of his touchdown dance just because the defense was, say, offsides?

well, consulting the rules book that Kegs linked to shows that the rules say a foul and a dead-ball foul offset unless the play resulted in a score by the team that committed the dead-ball foul (in which case the penalty will be enforced on the kick-off)

well, that makes logical sense :wacko:

well, consulting the rules book that Kegs linked to shows that the rules say a foul and a dead-ball foul offset unless the play resulted in a score by the team that committed the dead-ball foul (in which case the penalty will be enforced on the kick-off)

Yeah that makes no sense but if that is the rule then it was the correct call.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikePereira/stat...454715292856320

Didn't see fouls but in NFL, live ball fouls combine with dead ball fouls and offset. In NCAA, both would be enforced but not in NFL.
Edited by keggerz

Wow, I actually think cleaning out the cat's litterbox would be more exciting than this game is... Fantasy football aside, it would be nice to see just one team put together a consistent drive. The only TD came after a hugh kick return after which the Eagles had to put together a monster 14 yard drive.