[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler: reportedly has broken thumb...

keggerz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Cutler, the Bears would probably be favored in five of those. I still think they win at least three of them, maybe all five.

:wacko: I count 6 games, unless you're already ruling out the @GB game, which would have been a beatdown regardless. I think they win the home games and at least one of the away affairs minus the trip to Lambeau.

Or wait... I misread. I agree. :tup:

Edited by darin3

Wondering how this will affect the Bears' playoff hopes. Cutler has been pretty solid. Hanie looked good in the NFC Championship comeback bid last January. He could play well enough to let Forte and the defense/special teams carry the team. The Bears were favorites over the Lions to finish 2nd in the division and make the postseason. I think now both teams are probably even money to finish 2nd and make the postseason. If you consider the NFC West will send the 49ers only and the NFC East is likely to only send one team the way everyone there is playing (Dallas seems to be the frontrunner if the Eagles win tonight, and maybe even if the Eagles don't win, as the Giants have a tough schedule upcoming). The Packers are locked in to a playoff spot. That leaves the Saints, Falcons, Lions and Bears fighting for 3 spots. The Lions haven't looked particularly good as of late... And after looking at their remaining games, they really look like a long shot to win 3 more games. New Orleans and Oakland on the road and 2 against the Packers - if they beat the Chargers and Vikings at home, 9-7 is it. Unless the Packers rest all of their starters in week 17... Very interesting...

Lol at the posts about how this affects your particular ff team.

As a cutler fan, I was rooting for the bears and nice to see him stick it to sd today. I hope he's back soon.

What would you like people to comment on. How sad they are and how their lives aren't going to be the same until Cutler is able to play again?

Wondering how this will affect the Bears' playoff hopes. Cutler has been pretty solid. Hanie looked good in the NFC Championship comeback bid last January. He could play well enough to let Forte and the defense/special teams carry the team. The Bears were favorites over the Lions to finish 2nd in the division and make the postseason. I think now both teams are probably even money to finish 2nd and make the postseason. If you consider the NFC West will send the 49ers only and the NFC East is likely to only send one team the way everyone there is playing (Dallas seems to be the frontrunner if the Eagles win tonight, and maybe even if the Eagles don't win, as the Giants have a tough schedule upcoming). The Packers are locked in to a playoff spot. That leaves the Saints, Falcons, Lions and Bears fighting for 3 spots. The Lions haven't looked particularly good as of late... And after looking at their remaining games, they really look like a long shot to win 3 more games. New Orleans and Oakland on the road and 2 against the Packers - if they beat the Chargers and Vikings at home, 9-7 is it. Unless the Packers rest all of their starters in week 17... Very interesting...

yeah really, last year Bears rested and it let GB in, look what happened...things that make you go hmmm

That's why they aren't putting him on IR. they're hoping that it takes 6 weeks to heal vs. 8 weeks. Best case scenario he's ready for the 1st round.

If they make the playoffs though, it probably means Hanie went 4-2 at least. Then you gotta wonder if they would switch back to a rusty Cutler.

All I'm saying is that the thumb plays more of a role in the mechanics of passing the football than does a ring finger or pinky. Where Big Ben can tape his finger up and put it in a splint and attach it to another finger, the thumb plays a bigger role in accuracy and power.

You can't throw the ball without a working thumb, you can manage without a finger.

Sigh... this really ruined my entire weekend. And it was a good weekend! Hopefully Hanie can keep us going. Man Cutler has been looking SO good lately and the new offensive line strategy has been working and Roy Williams even stopped dropping every pass coming his way... WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY