[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs/Patriots Game

Chief Dick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my call for tonight. Obviously, the Pats win, BUT... I think Palko throws for at least 300 yards and 3 TDs and I think Jon Baldwin gets 100+ and at least 1 of those TDs (possibly 2).

Anyone who was desparate enough to start Baldwin and/or Palko is going to have a nice surprise tonight, imo.

Here is my call for tonight. Obviously, the Pats win, BUT... I think Palko throws for at least 300 yards and 3 TDs and I think Jon Baldwin gets 100+ and at least 1 of those TDs (possibly 2).

Anyone who was desparate enough to start Baldwin and/or Palko is going to have a nice surprise tonight, imo.

You are high.

Well, it is true that there isn't really any tape on Palko, and the Pats' pass D is soft. And there is always garbage time production too... So, I guess a decent stat line isn't out of the question. Probably some turnovers though, and I'd be surprised if the Chiefs didn't commit heavily to the run unless/until down at least 20 in the second half.

Anything other than a complete guess at work here, Brent? You know something about Palko you're not sharing with the rest of us?

Well, it is true that there isn't really any tape on Palko, and the Pats' pass D is soft. And there is always garbage time production too... So, I guess a decent stat line isn't out of the question. Probably some turnovers though, and I'd be surprised if the Chiefs didn't commit heavily to the run unless/until down at least 20 in the second half.

Anything other than a complete guess at work here, Brent? You know something about Palko you're not sharing with the rest of us?

Not guesswork, there is some rationale.

Palko -

I saw him play in the pre-season and like what I saw. I can't remember any stats or particular plays but I remember liking him more than Cassel.

Palko was on the Saints under HC Sean Payton. Payton knows QBs and the fact that he worked from practice squad to being 3rd string in New Orleans says something.

Palko has worked his way from being undrafted to a 2nd string QB for another (Payton being the first) team led by an offensive minded HC - there's something about him that these coaches like and that should be noted. Certain coaches have eyes for these things and I think Payton/Haley have proven this.

Baldwin - I saw some stellar catches from him in his first game back. He's a big target for Palko and a 1st round pick. Haley is an offensive mind who has proven to have an eye for WRs and apparently has the ability to coach WRs better than most. I also like the fact that Baldwin missed so much time early this year and presumably got all his reps with Palko. I've noticed that many times when a backup QB takes over for a few games the backup QB usually favors the 3rd or 4th string WR - and this makes sense because that QB gets most of his practice reps with the non-starting WRs. With Baldwin sitting out the first 8 weeks of the season (I know he had a broken thumb and probably didn't do a lot of catching early on) I gotta assume that he did all of his practicing with Palko.

And finally, as many have mentioned, the Pats have a terrible pass defense and there's always the potential for a blowout and subsequent garbage time stats.

All of the above amount to a pretty high probability (relatively speaking) that Palko>Baldwin connection could light it up tonight.

Palko -

I saw him play in the pre-season and like what I saw. I can't remember any stats or particular plays but I remember liking him more than Cassel.

Palko was on the Saints under HC Sean Payton. Payton knows QBs and the fact that he worked from practice squad to being 3rd string in New Orleans says something.

Palko has worked his way from being undrafted to a 2nd string QB for another (Payton being the first) team led by an offensive minded HC - there's something about him that these coaches like and that should be noted. Certain coaches have eyes for these things and I think Payton/Haley have proven this.

Baldwin - I saw some stellar catches from him in his first game back. He's a big target for Palko and a 1st round pick. Haley is an offensive mind who has proven to have an eye for WRs and apparently has the ability to coach WRs better than most. I also like the fact that Baldwin missed so much time early this year and presumably got all his reps with Palko. I've noticed that many times when a backup QB takes over for a few games the backup QB usually favors the 3rd or 4th string WR - and this makes sense because that QB gets most of his practice reps with the non-starting WRs. With Baldwin sitting out the first 8 weeks of the season (I know he had a broken thumb and probably didn't do a lot of catching early on) I gotta assume that he did all of his practicing with Palko.

And finally, as many have mentioned, the Pats have a terrible pass defense and there's always the potential for a blowout and subsequent garbage time stats.

All of the above amount to a pretty high probability (relatively speaking) that Palko>Baldwin connection could light it up tonight.

OK, you all need to stop this nonsense. He's going to be feeding Battle all night long so that he manages to get me my 130 yds and a TD.

Line is +15 for the Pats and I think that's easy money.......honestly, does anyone see this game being somewhat competitive? I wouldn't be surprised if Brady played the first half and then like a pre-season game Hoyer and Mallett came in to get some garbage time.

I do think the Pats win but I don't think it's going to be as ugly as everyone imagines. The Chiefs have played very well considering who they've lost to injury. My guess: 49-31 Pats win.

They may play well, and I hope Bowe does, lol...But dude... 31? :wacko:

Palko -

Can't really debate Baldwin although he is a complete d'bag and won't last long in the NFL but I can debate your assessment of one Tyler Palko.

Let's go over the resume of Tyler Palko, shouldn't we:

-Starter at University of Pittsburgh for three seasons ('04-'07)

2004: 255 PASS YPG, 24 TD, 7 INT

2005: 217 PASS YPG, 17 TD, 9 INT

2006: 239 PASS YPG, 25 TD, 9 INT

NFL/UFL/CFL EPIC CAREER OF TYLER PALKO:

-Undrafted in the '07 draft

-Saints practice squad, occasionally placed on active roster

-Did not play football at all in 2008

-Joined the Cardinals and then waived in less than a year

-Signed with the California Redwoods (UFL) and CUT in the preseason...of a UFL team

-CFL league for the Montreal Aloutees...placed on their PRACTICE roster

-Steelers signed him in Sept 2009 b/c of injuries to Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch....released in December

-KC signed him March 2010 released him Sept 2010..then signed him to practice squad

-Here we are now, his first ever NFL start

You decided to focus on the fact that he once was on the Saints and has worked his way up to the #2 QB spot on the Chiefs. What you failed to say/realize is that this guy has been passed on by every NFL team 7 times during the draft, didn't play football for an entire year after the Saints cut ties with him, waived by the Cardinals who decided to roster Brain St. Pierre instead. Then a UFL team decided he wasn't worthy of a roster spot. Then a CFL team decided he wasn't worthy of being on the active roster. When 2 QBs went down for the Steelers and they were forced to start Dennis Dixon they signed him just to fill out their depth chart, and then promptly cut him. That's his journey.....why does that give up hope

Can't really debate Baldwin although he is a complete d'bag and won't last long in the NFL but I can debate your assessment of one Tyler Palko.

Let's go over the resume of Tyler Palko, shouldn't we:

-Starter at University of Pittsburgh for three seasons ('04-'07)

2004: 255 PASS YPG, 24 TD, 7 INT

2005: 217 PASS YPG, 17 TD, 9 INT

2006: 239 PASS YPG, 25 TD, 9 INT

NFL/UFL/CFL EPIC CAREER OF TYLER PALKO:

-Undrafted in the '07 draft

-Saints practice squad, occasionally placed on active roster

-Did not play football at all in 2008

-Joined the Cardinals and then waived in less than a year

-Signed with the California Redwoods (UFL) and CUT in the preseason...of a UFL team

-CFL league for the Montreal Aloutees...placed on their PRACTICE roster

-Steelers signed him in Sept 2009 b/c of injuries to Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch....released in December

-KC signed him March 2010 released him Sept 2010..then signed him to practice squad

-Here we are now, his first ever NFL start

You decided to focus on the fact that he once was on the Saints and has worked his way up to the #2 QB spot on the Chiefs. What you failed to say/realize is that this guy has been passed on by every NFL team 7 times during the draft, didn't play football for an entire year after the Saints cut ties with him, waived by the Cardinals who decided to roster Brain St. Pierre instead. Then a UFL team decided he wasn't worthy of a roster spot. Then a CFL team decided he wasn't worthy of being on the active roster. When 2 QBs went down for the Steelers and they were forced to start Dennis Dixon they signed him just to fill out their depth chart, and then promptly cut him. That's his journey.....why does that give up hope

Hey man, I don't have a horse in this race - I was just making a little projection regarding tonight's game based on the information I cited above. It really comes down to what I saw in pre-season, his presumed rapport with Baldwin, the Pats soft defense and potential for garbage time stats. Nothing more, nothing less. We'll find out soon enough if my prediction comes true.

And regardless of his history in the NFL and other leagues - the reality is that he is a 2nd string QB in the NFL until Cassel got hurt and now he's a starting NFL QB. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries a year before winning the Super Bowl and receiving MVP awards - anything can happen.

High or not I like your thinkin Brent! I need Baldwin for like 30 tonight oh pleasssse Fantasy Gods let it be!!! Yes bye weeks crushed me and it's do or die for me win I'm still in lose and see ya next year!! It's not looking good is it :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe