[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My nomination for 2011-2012 MVP

isobane

Honestly I could come up with a hundred reasons why a dozen other players should win this award. I could also come up with at least one -- not actually playing a game -- for him not to win it. But overwhelmingly, I believe that Peyton Manning is without a doubt the Most Valuable Player in the NFL this year. Not for what his presence has done for his team, but for what his absence has.

With all due respect, this is about the 100th time I've heard this "sneaky, contrarian" pick for MVP. I get it, the Colts obviously miss him, By the true definition of the award, I get it.

I never said I was the first to say it, and I know I won't be the last. Regardless, can you tell me one player who has impacted their team more?

Hard to believe this logic is actually getting traction.

So let me get this correct - the Most Valuable Player is a is a guy who hasn't played?

Rodgers is on pace for a season that quite literally could be the best season ever posted by a QB in NFL history and there's a push behind giving MVP to a guy who hasn't taken a single regular season snap...

Truth be told, Manning should retire. Not because of his neck, but because his team laid down once they found out he wouldnt play. There is no way they are that bad without him. They just packed it in which is shameful.

Talk about soft........

I think retiring at 35 with millions is good enough for them.

Hmm, Peyton's got them beat in that category too . . . and he has a ring . . .

But I guess he isn't black, or "misunderstood". Which is your real reason for liking them.

Edited by CaptainHook

Rodgers is on pace for a season that quite literally could be the best season ever posted by a QB in NFL history and there's a push behind giving MVP to a guy who hasn't taken a single regular season snap...

:wacko:

Traction with who? Internet message board guy? Let me know when they start actually voting for these awards.

Peyton's not gonna get any "real" votes for MVP.

Hmm, Peyton's got them beat in that category too . . . and he has a ring . . .

But I guess he isn't black, or "misunderstood". Which is your real reason for liking them.

:tup: sure that's the reason. so I'm supposed to guess you like Peyton because he's white? :wacko: