[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not Posting a Valid Lineup?

delfamdelfam

So this week was our last week till playoffs(weird league we start playoffs week 12). The last place guy played a guy in a 4 way tie for 5th place(6 teams make playoffs).

He blatently changed his lineup to make it get the least points possible submitting the following lineup:

Schaub, Grant, Mendenhall, R. Jennings, Wayne, Moore, Maclin, Cooley, Seabass, Giants D.

Me and another guy said it's collusion and his best lineup should be submitted so the teams who deserve to make the playoffs make them. If he would've started his best lineup he would of one this week and playoff teams would have changed drastically. This is obvious collusion and when me and another guy say something the commish says it's not his job to change lineups to valid ones and the last place guy just gave up.

IMO he didn't give up, he changed it on purpose. What can be done about this cause it seems the commish isn't doing anything.

Any time I have been in last place I did everything I could to play spoiler. It's too late now, but I would make sure the guy that gave up doesn't come back.

Both him and the guy he's playing, immediately. Kind of a grey area if you change the lineup back, but I would certainly discuss it with your league where you go from here, if its not written in your rules already

Both him and the guy he's playing, immediately. Kind of a grey area if you change the lineup back, but I would certainly discuss it with your league where you go from here, if its not written in your rules already

it's not stated in the rules, but we brought it up before Sunday that his lineup was a bit fishy and that he tons of bye guys in it and we told the commish about it before the Sunday games and he didn't do anything. His statement was that you should've drafted better and win a few more games if you want to make the playoffs.

Just to be clear, he did change it right? If so, then I dont see how your commish can claim he's given up. He's actively tanking by submitting a bogus lineup, and the only reason for that in a redraft is collusion with the team he's playing.... Obvioulsy its way different than not submitting a lineup, which can be legitimate...

If the facts you've said are accurate, then its as open and shut as it gets. Maybe remind your commish that he's not king of the league, and if there's collusion, he has to do something or step down.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Just to be clear, he did change it right? If so, then I dont see how your commish can claim he's given up. He's actively tanking by submitting a bogus lineup, and the only reason for that in a redraft is collusion with the team he's playing.... Obvioulsy its way different than not submitting a lineup, which can be legitimate...

If the facts you've said are accurate, then its as open and shut as it gets. Maybe remind your commish that he's not king of the league, and if there's collusion, he has to do something or step down.

yes he changed it. He started Rashad Jennings this week with MJD on the bench.

The commish probably doesn't want those other teams in that got knock out by this team tanking.

That's a good point. I guess I was jumping the gun in assuming he was colluding with the person he's playing, when he did say it changed the playoff picture...

I'm not sure I'd reveal this to the commish, but he could be suspect too... IMO, the lineup needs to be restored to the one he played last week, since it's clear that he's working with someone. Is the commish holding the money? If not, I'd lobby to the league to seed it yourselvea the way it sgould be and play it out. Your commish is either dumb, in on it or benefitting from it, if he refuses to rght the wrong ..

That's a good point. I guess I was jumping the gun in assuming he was colluding with the person he's playing, when he did say it changed the playoff picture...

I'm not sure I'd reveal this to the commish, but he could be suspect too... IMO, the lineup needs to be restored to the one he played last week, since it's clear that he's working with someone. Is the commish holding the money? If not, I'd lobby to the league to seed it yourselvea the way it sgould be and play it out. Your commish is either dumb, in on it or benefitting from it, if he refuses to rght the wrong ..

we really don't know where the money is. It's a lot of money so he said he was going to put it in a bank account but we have no knowledge that he actually did.

I agree with everything said by ^^d.o.g.^^.

Usually when I see these thread titles, the situation is NEVER collusion. In this case it's clear cut and with $x,xxx on the line - everyone in the league should be pissed off about and demand immediate action be taken.

Invite him to the bar and tell him to bring a blanket. Tell him to buy 4 packs of D batteries as well...and bring a pillow case. He seems like the idiot that would do it without question. Then...have fun!!!! Cause thats what we used to do to cheaters in the military. I don't see how this is any different.

:wacko:

well it's my first year in the league, but it's been going for like 10 years so I assume it's in a safe place, but this year we have a new commish(who's been in the league awhile), but he doesn't seem very good.

agree. At minimum the roster from last week should be used.

agree. That from this point forward a rule should be stated specifically that roster from previous week will be used or maybe all his top point performers will be used if a bogus lineup is submitted.

If I was in that league with $$$$ digits as the buy in, I would be knocking on the commish's front door to address right away or give me my money back!

yes he changed it. He started Rashad Jennings this week with MJD on the bench.

And this, right here, is all you need. Bye week issues? Sure, the guy could have spaced it out. But to bench a top RB in favor of his back-up, who happens to be on IR by the way?

Like others have said, nearly every one of these threads is started by someone belly aching about a trade that may not be all that fair but whatever.

This is certainly not one of those situations. This is someone deliberately tanking.

As a commissioner, I watch out for this very closely. We have a blanket rule that states "the integrity of the league will be protected at all costs". As comissioner, I would have changed this guys line up and reset his password and lock him out so that it wont happen again. Cant blame the guy he is playing against, (although he may be guilty as well). Commissioner needs to put in the right starters and let the site change the scores retroactively. It is never too late.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

So this week was our last week till playoffs(weird league we start playoffs week 12). The last place guy played a guy in a 4 way tie for 5th place(6 teams make playoffs).

He blatently changed his lineup to make it get the least points possible submitting the following lineup:

Schaub, Grant, Mendenhall, R. Jennings, Wayne, Moore, Maclin, Cooley, Seabass, Giants D.

Me and another guy said it's collusion and his best lineup should be submitted so the teams who deserve to make the playoffs make them. If he would've started his best lineup he would of one this week and playoff teams would have changed drastically. This is obvious collusion and when me and another guy say something the commish says it's not his job to change lineups to valid ones and the last place guy just gave up.

IMO he didn't give up, he changed it on purpose. What can be done about this cause it seems the commish isn't doing anything.

would have won

By the way, tanking is not necessarily collusion. Collusion is an agreement between two or more persons, tanking can be done by one. That a person tanks with specific intent to benefit a targeted owner does not mean that benefiting owner had anything to do with it.

As a commissioner, I watch out for this very closely. We have a blanket rule that states "the integrity of the league will be protected at all costs". As comissioner, I would have changed this guys line up and reset his password and lock him out so that it wont happen again. Cant blame the guy he is playing against, (although he may be guilty as well). Commissioner needs to put in the right starters and let the site change the scores retroactively. It is never too late.

This...that owner is done for the year now, and the commish has to take control of the team. Happened in my league last year (not changing to the worst lineup, but just not managing the lineup at all), and our commish managed the roster for him, posting appropriate lineups the rest of the way. Not ideal, but its the best you can do. And I agree that your commish should be reminded that he has the responsibility to do this.

Just curious. Are you the team that got beat out of the playoffs? That wouldn't change my response to this, but I'm interested as to whether you are the one that is basiclaly getting screwed out of a shot at the top money.

This...that owner is done for the year now, and the commish has to take control of the team. Happened in my league last year (not changing to the worst lineup, but just not managing the lineup at all), and our commish managed the roster for him, posting appropriate lineups the rest of the way. Not ideal, but its the best you can do. And I agree that your commish should be reminded that he has the responsibility to do this.

Not for nothing, but doing away with H2H also means you don't need the commish to manage two teams down the stretch. Something that should be avoided at all costs. What if the commish is playing the team he took over in the last week with a play-off spot on the line?

What if the commish is playing the team he took over in the last week with a play-off spot on the line?

Simple enough. Start the team that his opponent should start, without fear or favor, and let the whole league see the lineup in advance. If you're going to be a commish, you need to be ultra-squeaky clean. If you aren't, don't do the job.