[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not Posting a Valid Lineup?

delfamdelfam

Just curious. Are you the team that got beat out of the playoffs? That wouldn't change my response to this, but I'm interested as to whether you are the one that is basiclaly getting screwed out of a shot at the top money.

I'm in the playoffs either way, but it does effect the playoff seeding and what team I would play in the first round so It does affect me.

I'm in the playoffs either way, but it does effect the playoff seeding and what team I would play in the first round so It does affect me.

Well, I'm glad you still at least are in the running.

Here's the deal. The Commish is 100% wrong in this case. The lowest ranked team was obviously tanking, and possibly colluding. It sucks that this is a big money league, because some very poor decisions are screwing people out of their proper place in having a chance for the money. Not much you can do though when you've placed your trust in someone who turns out to be untrustworthy.

So here are the 3 main players:

Commissioner

Tanker

Possible Colluder (guy who most directly benefited from the tanking by getting into the playoffs)

Once you have either won it all or lost, you need to make it clear that next year either you will not be back, or both the Commissioner and the Tanker will not be back. Then regarding the possible Colluder, I would give him a chance to make his case as to whether he was involved or not. But no matter what I would NEVER trust my money in a league with that Commissioner and Tanker again!

By the way, tanking is not necessarily collusion. Collusion is an agreement between two or more persons, tanking can be done by one. That a person tanks with specific intent to benefit a targeted owner does not mean that benefiting owner had anything to do with it.

Disagree... A benefitting owner doesn't necessarily have to be involved, but the only legitimate reason for him to do this is to benefit another team.... And why would you actively work to benefit another team with no benefit to yourself if you weren't colluding?

Draft order can be a reason for tanking in a keeper/dynasty league, and of course passive tanking can happen without being collusion, but in a case like this, there is far more reason to assume collusion than to assume that it's just a lone crazy gunman who just puts in his worst lineup to be a dick... So while you don't know what other party might be involved, it's clear that someone benefited from his scummy move that doesn't benefit himself in any way, shape or form in a redraft league. That's strong enough indication to assume collusion, even if you don't know who exactly is involved.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Simple enough. Start the team that his opponent should start, without fear or favor, and let the whole league see the lineup in advance. If you're going to be a commish, you need to be ultra-squeaky clean. If you aren't, don't do the job.

Exactly, whatever he does will have all eyes on it, and hopfully the commish is trustworthy. Like I said, not the ideal situation, but probably the best way to manage it from here.