[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv

TripleW64

why can't they get rid of him now? I know AFC west is POS of a conference these days but the way SD is playing under Turner, they'd probably lose to Den too :wacko:

He's under contraft through 2014 I believe..making $3million a year., its a hit....wether its a team cap hit, I don't know.

why can't they get rid of him now? I know AFC west is POS of a conference these days but the way SD is playing under Turner, they'd probably lose to Den too :wacko:

This is a problem that arises when the HC is also a primary coordinator for the O or the D. Like him or not, Norv has to stay through the season in order to keep the offense running. I think Norv is a good OC and will be hired as such next year. The failures he has had as an HC jade his ability to call plays and teach QBs. Other than OAK where he had no talent on the O side, his offenses in DAL, MIA, WASH, SF, and SD have all produced better than most. Also, there is no way you turn it over to Manusky. That has been a horrible failure and I don't want to get started on that.

I like Norv, but do think he, like Wade Phillips, just don't have that HC mojo and do agree that it is time to move on.

I would love to see a solid, defense minded HC. I screemed in pain when they let Rex Ryan get away.

Billick would be an interesting pick as far as re-treads go and he has been to the show. I'm not sure Cower is the right fit for SD for a few reasons though I personally love the guy. Chucky is too much an offense guy, but I could live with him. He has lots of energy and that seems to be a lacking quality in SD and getting worse every year.

I am beginning to feel the resurgence of that snakebite feeling long time Charger fans know too well. :tup: