[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Smith - RB -DET

COP31

Did anyone PICK up Kevin Smith and start him on Sunday .... C'mon Man! From what I recall, the Huddle reported Best would be out Maurice Morris would get the start ,,, Kevin Smith signed Nov 7th and would steal 3 or 4 carries from K. Williams ,,,, Sopapilla?

Edited by COP31

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not completely sold on him just yet. He ran all over Carolina. Even CJ2K did that. This week will be a good test and he is worth at least a roster spot.

He won't score 38 pts. in the future but I see him as a respectable RB2, doing better than several other backs. I am one of those who was thinking Foster-Tate the rest of the way, but now depending on match ups it will be Foster-K Smith.

Edited by Scorcher

I am not completely sold on him just yet.

I agree with this, but depending on your roster requirements he's filling an RB3 or flex spot. I like the upside, even with risk, of a Smith over who I usually start in that spot - Tolbert. I'll accept the risk.

I am not completely sold on him just yet. He ran all over Carolina. Even CJ2K did that. This week will be a good test and he is worth at least a roster spot.

This. Seriously, is there a running back that hasn't run wild on Carolina this year?

Smith is still worth a roster spot, and might actually be competent enough to thrive with the attention Calvin gets, but we've seen these one week wonders plkenty of times before... In fact, has Kevin Smith ever even been a one-week-wonder prior to this? All I remember was a terribly mediocre back prior to this last game.

This. Seriously, is there a running back that hasn't run wild on Carolina this year?

Smith is still worth a roster spot, and might actually be competent enough to thrive with the attention Calvin gets, but we've seen these one week wonders plkenty of times before... In fact, has Kevin Smith ever even been a one-week-wonder prior to this? All I remember was a terribly mediocre back prior to this last game.

Look what he did coming off his sofa! After practicing the whole season, D Murray had to pull himself off the field because he was winded. Smith is hungry and looking at his last chance, I think these things make a difference. His biggest risk is injury. He knows the system, is an every down back, and shows a lot of heart. He should be a helper to fantasy teams the rest of the way barring injury.

While I think it's completely lame to lambast the Huddle for not calling this, I also think it's going too far to poo poo his results from Sunday. Sure, everyone runs on the Panthers and I certainly wouldn't supplant anyone who's been putting up solid numbers so far this year. But anyone who doesn't have a waiver request in for this guy is either in a tiny league, totally stacked, or is sleeping. At this point in the season, any shot at a guy who did what he did on Sunday is worth taking.

And for those of us in deep leagues with big starting rosters, he's certainly worth sliding in to the line-up this Thursday just in case.

If you've got at least one flex position, I'd say he's worth a long look.

I'm not suggesting the Huddle was to predict this phenomenal day from K. Smith ,,, they barely reported he was on the team ,,, actually they said he would be used as an "emergency RB" that is quite different than saying "keep an eye on him ...blah blah blah ,,,,"

I'm just disappointed in the accuracy of the report ,,,, it sort of steered you towards Morris ,,, (granted ,,, if you are looking at RBs from DET you are somewhat desperate ,,, which I am ,,,, ) Hightower - Out .... Hillis - BUST --- Ingram - Bust Torain - Benched ... Andre Johnson - Out 2 months ,,, I'm barely hanging on to the last playoff spot after winning my league 3 out of the last 5 years! My shorts are bunched up here and I don't like it! LOL!

Picked him up on the WW in two of three leagues prior to Sunday's explosion, but I was clueless about the fact that he would get so many touches so soon. I figured he would get 5-6 touches as a change-of-pace back for a few weeks, and that he might challenge for the #1 RB spot near the end of the season if he stayed healthy. As a Lions fan, I was well aware of his talent (LordOpie detailed his stats) and he is especially good at catching passes out of the backfield.

I too see KSmith as a solid RB2 option going forward, and a low-end RB1 in PPR leagues. I am praying I get him in a third league, where I am depleted at RB, but I suspect he will get snatched up by one of the 3 owners ahead of me on the WW.

I'm not suggesting the Huddle was to predict this phenomenal day from K. Smith ,,, they barely reported he was on the team ,,, actually they said he would be used as an "emergency RB" that is quite different than saying "keep an eye on him ...blah blah blah ,,,,"

I'm just disappointed in the accuracy of the report ,,,, it sort of steered you towards Morris ,,, (granted ,,, if you are looking at RBs from DET you are somewhat desperate ,,, which I am ,,,, ) Hightower - Out .... Hillis - BUST --- Ingram - Bust Torain - Benched ... Andre Johnson - Out 2 months ,,, I'm barely hanging on to the last playoff spot after winning my league 3 out of the last 5 years! My shorts are bunched up here and I don't like it! LOL!

Please.

In my game prediction page I said:

Keiland Williams lost the #2 role when the Lions have settled on Maurice Morris as the primary back and Kevin Smith as the support rusher. Smith signed with the Lions last week and carried four times for 19 yards and even caught two passes for ten yards. The problem this week is that the Panthers are very weak against the run and there could be some nice fantasy points here but for who? Morris has been the main runner but he's hardly been that impressive and Kevin Smith still had tags on his uniform when they rushed him onto the field in the Bears game.

Pending any more info from practices, Morris remains the primary and Smith supports him but this could be a game where either could score and have decent yardage. The Panthers have only had three road games and allowed five rushing touchdowns in those along with major rushing yardage. Smith is an interesting desperation play and yet Morris is now a risky start.

I even had the name KEVIN SMITH in big letters at the top of the page as a player to watch.

I tweeted about it.

We discussed it at length on the radio show.

The guy was only on the team one week - I added to all my teams that I could and started him on one. For a guy that no one wanted all year and just started playing, I think I did pretty well on it personally. He had six touches coming into the game. Be realistic...

While I think it's completely lame to lambast the Huddle for not calling this, I also think it's going too far to poo poo his results from Sunday. Sure, everyone runs on the Panthers and I certainly wouldn't supplant anyone who's been putting up solid numbers so far this year. But anyone who doesn't have a waiver request in for this guy is either in a tiny league, totally stacked, or is sleeping. At this point in the season, any shot at a guy who did what he did on Sunday is worth taking.

And for those of us in deep leagues with big starting rosters, he's certainly worth sliding in to the line-up this Thursday just in case.

If you've got at least one flex position, I'd say he's worth a long look.

Lame? Really? ... why was it so hard to say he would see significant touches in DET? They have the resources ,,,,, all they needed to do is report?

You are entitled to your opinion ,,,, I'm entitled to mine ,,,,

Lame? Really? ... why was it so hard to say he would see significant touches in DET? They have the resources ,,,,, all they needed to do is report?

I'm still pissed they didn't predict Cam Newton would pass for 400 yards in week one...

Back to the topic at hand. What resources? The resources that say a guy who they just picked up off the scrap heap and is not going to start, may start getting more carries once they sputter out the gate and then magically go ballistic?

DMD has already posted where he gave K Smith a mention and I can't imagine what else you'd expect given the situation. Like others have said, nobody could have called that.

Oh, and actually, let's not agree to disagree, because I'm right and you're wrong. It's really that simpleI pay the Huddle for insight. You apparently pay for Ms. Cleo. Grow a sack and realize what you're saying here. You literally are asking these guys to bust out a crystal ball and see the future.

Edited by detlef

Please.

In my game prediction page I said:

I even had the name KEVIN SMITH in big letters at the top of the page as a player to watch.

I tweeted about it.

We discussed it at length on the radio show.

The guy was only on the team one week - I added to all my teams that I could and started him on one. For a guy that no one wanted all year and just started playing, I think I did pretty well on it personally. He had six touches coming into the game. Be realistic...

Hardly words of conviction ...... Realistically ,,,, I'm disappointed.

Well, as DMD showed, your opinion was not only lame to blame them for not being omniscient, but was also baseless....

mediocre is too harsh. In 2008 and 2009, he had over 2400 total yards. He was very worthy of being a third round pick by DET in the 2008 NFL draft. Now that he's healthy and proved that he can run again, I think it's fair to assume that he resumes his career. He's a must own in all dynasty formats.

That was not meant to be a rhetorical question. I did not remember him being that good, and was actually asking....

But moreover, the point of my post was that I'd like to see another week of success versus a less weak run D than Carolina, before I annoint the guy who was in street clothes a week ago as a starter, unless I have no better options.

Well, as DMD showed, your opinion was not only lame to blame them for not being omniscient, but was also baseless....

That was not meant to be a rhetorical question. I did not remember him being that good, and was actually asking....

But moreover, the point of my post was that I'd like to see another week of success versus a less weak run D than Carolina, before I annoint the guy who was in street clothes a week ago as a starter, unless I have no better options.

DMD didn't show or prove anything ,,,,

It's not hard to connect the dots as to why you are beating a drum for DMD ,,,, now that is LAME!

Peace!