[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Smith - RB -DET

COP31

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this still include Champagne Room privileges?

Yes but we had to stop "Clothing Optional Wednesdays" for reasons I won't go into. Let's just say mistakes were made.

Lame? Really? ... why was it so hard to say he would see significant touches in DET? They have the resources ,,,,, all they needed to do is report?

Because nobody had any legitimate reason to expect that a guy who was working at the drive through a couple of weeks ago would get the amount of work that he did over a servicable back like Morris.

So lame is about right.

Because nobody had any legitimate reason to expect that a guy who was working at the drive through a couple of weeks ago would get the amount of work that he did over a servicable back like Morris.

So lame is about right.

Care for chapstick? So your lips won't dry out while puckering so hard ...

Picked him up and started him against CAR. Why? Because CAR is terrible. Because Mo Morris has been blah, and because K Williams has been meh.

K Smith is 24 years old, wants a job, and was solid behind a horrendous O-line before getting injured. The lockout hurt him more than anything else. Now, with 6 weeks left to prove himself, I think we'll see nothing but good things out of him. Remember, Mo Morris was there when he was the starter and workhorse.

"Fortune favors the bold."

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry3574087

Edited by neklok

RUNNING BACKS: What a comeback. The Lions released Kevin Smith last February in part because of his brief but consistent history with knee and shoulder injuries. They brought him back two weeks ago and then let him loose in the Panthers game against one of the worst rush defenses in the league. Smith ended up leading the NFL for the week with 140 yards and two scores on 16 carries and a third touchdown on his four receptions for 61 yards. Needless to say, that shoves Maurice Morris rudely down the depth chart and muddies what might happen if Jahvid Best returns.

It is notable though - the Panthers on the road are really bad against the run. The Packers have only allowed four rushing scores all year and two of those

Just in Case you missed what was PROJECTED for K. Smith ,,,, thank GOD I just traded for McCoy ... I don't have to concern myself .... LOL

Edited by COP31

Also should note that my interest was a direct result of DMD's tweet. You gotta read between the lines if you want to succeed at this game. The sheep get slaughtered and the shepherds cash in.

The Huddle rocks and any complaints are just classic WOE IS ME fantasy whining. Which is hilarious coming from what I can only assume is a grown man.

Picked him up and started him against CAR. Why? Because CAR is terrible. Because Mo Morris has been blah, and because K Williams has been meh.

K Smith is 24 years old, wants a job, and was solid behind a horrendous O-line before getting injured. The lockout hurt him more than anything else. Now, with 6 weeks left to prove himself, I think we'll see nothing but good things out of him. Remember, Mo Morris was there when he was the starter and workhorse.

"Fortune favors the bold."

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry3574087

There is a very simple solution for the OP. Please do some research and find the fantasy site/ or expert that predicted a huge game for Kevin Smith in week 11. That's where you want to be. Best of luck in your search.

There is a very simple solution for the OP. Please do some research and find the fantasy site/ or expert that predicted a huge game for Kevin Smith in week 11. That's where you want to be. Best of luck in your search.

Assuming, of course, that this same site isn't making "outside the box" predictions all the time and whiffing on most of them, which I'm guessing they would. But I was thinking the same thing. Go find us where all the other experts were all over this and the Huddle was sleeping.

One thing people seem to miss is that if used properly The Huddle can teach you how to think. If you are just looking at projections and putting people in based on that, you are missing out. I played Smith because of things I have learned here. In projections last week Smith was mentioned. Two things stood out right away. The mention that they threw him on the field right away, and they were playing Carolina this past week. He was projected for a total of 40-50 yds. Also from being on these boards and site, I knew that Morris didn't show up in Seattle nor Detroit. My other choice Tolbert was projected for just about the same amount of points. So based on all those things I went with the high reward (Smith) not thinking it was all that much of a risk I never would have considered these things had I not been on this site and boards and taken my share of mistakes and hits. I would also like to add that there are specific knowledgeable huddler's who I have read throughout the years who have indirectly helped me a lot. Before anyone offers, no I don't need any chapstick!

Edited by Scorcher

One thing people seem to miss is that if used properly The Huddle can teach you how to think. If you are just looking at projections and putting people in based on that, you are missing out. I played Smith because of things I have learned here. In projections last week Smith was mentioned. Two things stood out right away. The mention that they threw him on the field right away, and they were playing Carolina this past week. He was projected for a total of 40-50 yds. Also from being on these boards and site, I knew that Morris didn't show up in Seattle nor Detroit. My other choice Tolbert was projected for just about the same amount of points. So based on all those things I went with the high reward (Smith) not thinking it was all that much of a risk I never would have considered these things had I not been on this site and boards and taken my share of mistakes and hits. I would also like to add that there are specific knowledgeable huddler's who I have read throughout the years who have indirectly helped me a lot. Before anyone offers, no I don't need any chapstick!

Vaseline?

:wacko:

J/K good points I feel the same way some people just don't realize you actually have to consider other factors and read between a few lines sometimes!!

Rumour has it that they keep the crystal balls, tarot cards and gypsy fortune tellers in a secret room on the 47th floor of the Huddle World Headquarters located somewhere deep in the heart in the northern part of Texas. But nobody's supposed to know about it...not even Whitney.

I had him on my team 2 years ago I drafted him he played hurt most of the season behind a crap offensive line and still got me 15 - 18 points every week. maybe with this kid healthy he is ready to tear it up. Don't forget what he did in college. Only Barry sanders had more rushing yards in a single season. season Kevin Smith, UCF, 2007, 2,567 yards