[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Jokes

Phat Rugby

I am in a 12 team competitive league with low $ investement. The league has been together since 1999 and most of the members are original. We have had the worst season of the year with several "absent" owners not setting lineups or playing injured players. It has resulted in one team quitting mid-season and another claiming to leave at the end.

Just when heads cool, a trade pops in thi morning. The last place team traded Calvin Johnson to the second place team for Tebow and Felix Jones. As you can imagine, the emails started pouring in. The last place owner sent an email justifying the trade as he now has "God on his team." I started to suspect something amiss. Granted, he makes stupid trades every year so collusion was never mentioned.

A few hours later, the second place team (commish) sends an email stating that it was a joke to stir up the pot and payback for making his life miserable as commish. To prove it, they attached the email from Monday planning this with the bets included (fist to respond, first to swear, first to call names, etc.).

It is working out as a brilliant move and a great joke (had me hook/line/sinker) and kind of cleared some of the bad blood so we remember that this is just for fun/bragging rights.

I am in a 12 team competitive league with low $ investement. The league has been together since 1999 and most of the members are original. We have had the worst season of the year with several "absent" owners not setting lineups or playing injured players. It has resulted in one team quitting mid-season and another claiming to leave at the end.

Just when heads cool, a trade pops in thi morning. The last place team traded Calvin Johnson to the second place team for Tebow and Felix Jones. As you can imagine, the emails started pouring in. The last place owner sent an email justifying the trade as he now has "God on his team." I started to suspect something amiss. Granted, he makes stupid trades every year so collusion was never mentioned.

A few hours later, the second place team (commish) sends an email stating that it was a joke to stir up the pot and payback for making his life miserable as commish. To prove it, they attached the email from Monday planning this with the bets included (fist to respond, first to swear, first to call names, etc.).

It is working out as a brilliant move and a great joke (had me hook/line/sinker) and kind of cleared some of the bad blood so we remember that this is just for fun/bragging rights.

Definitely a good joke, but the fact that it's not a big money league is key. Not sure how funny it would be with higher stakes.

We sort of had something like that.

I'm in a small money work league where one owner jumped onto another owners computer when they weren't at their desk and proposed a trade to their team getting Aaron Rodgers in exchange for Alex Smith. That person confessed it to some of us that they did it to get the league riled up immediately after they did it. We all vetoed it anyway but it was all in good fun.

We sort of had something like that.

I'm in a small money work league where one owner jumped onto another owners computer when they weren't at their desk and proposed a trade to their team getting Aaron Rodgers in exchange for Alex Smith. That person confessed it to some of us that they did it to get the league riled up immediately after they did it. We all vetoed it anyway but it was all in good fun.

Makes no sense.

Wow, i'd be out of that league end of the year.

A fake trade? It doesn't sound like the league-mates are that close to pull something like this.

if this were my league, there would be a lot of teams dropping out.

Dude, lighten up.

Makes no sense.

Sorry. I hope this clears it up.

Everyone at work pretty much leaves their computer logged in.

Owner A jumps onto owner B's computer. Owner A uses owner B's account to propose a trade from owner B to owner A. Owner A then runs back to their computer and accepts the trade they just sent to their team using owner B's computer and account. (Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith)

Owner A jumps onto owner B's computer. Owner A uses owner B's account to propose a trade from owner B to owner A. Owner A then runs back to their computer and accepts the trade they just sent to their team using owner B's computer and account. (Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith)

Ya that clears it up :wacko:

:tup:

:wacko::tup::lol:

I had a crappy inside sales job out of college and spent most of my day surfing the net. One day I decided to play a joke on our league, which consisted almost entirely of FF rookies. I created a fake yahoo email address fantasypigskinexperts@yahoo.com and using some templates from marketing, I sent an email to everyone in the league calling myself Jim Dugan. The email told the league we'd been randomly chosen by Yahoo to receive in depth fantasy analysis, on a trial basis. A couple guys knew it was a scam, but the vast majority of the league bought it hook line and sinker. I even had one guy that was trying to send me his resume. When one of the guys emailed Jim Dugan about a trade I offered him, I had to tell everyone. We were playing for money and people would've flipped if my online alter ego talked someone into a trade with me. I still refer to myself as Jim Dugan in this league.

I had a crappy inside sales job out of college and spent most of my day surfing the net. One day I decided to play a joke on our league, which consisted almost entirely of FF rookies. I created a fake yahoo email address fantasypigskinexperts@yahoo.com and using some templates from marketing, I sent an email to everyone in the league calling myself Jim Dugan. The email told the league we'd been randomly chosen by Yahoo to receive in depth fantasy analysis, on a trial basis. A couple guys knew it was a scam, but the vast majority of the league bought it hook line and sinker. I even had one guy that was trying to send me his resume. When one of the guys emailed Jim Dugan about a trade I offered him, I had to tell everyone. We were playing for money and people would've flipped if my online alter ego talked someone into a trade with me. I still refer to myself as Jim Dugan in this league.

As in "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan?