[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting paid $$$ for some Thanksgiving football

Tally

Based on the current odds if you put in a parlay ML tik for all 3 dogs on Thursday will pay more than 27 to 1...

$100 wager pays $2,715

$50 wager pays $1,357

$20 wager pays $ 543

I love to wager on dogs and usually ML my dogs to boot... everyweek at least a few dogs win outright and you can make an arugment for all three of the turkey dogs this Thursday.

MIA is one of the hotest teams in the NFL right now, they are on fire! Personally, I think M. Moore is terrific and I don't think C. Henne will ever get his job back, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if MIA went into DAL and snuck away with a close 20-17 type of win.

SF is 9-1 and they are underdogs? I don't care if the game is in BALT and SF is traveling cross country with a short week. Balt also has a short week to prepare. Of these two strong D teams SF has been the more consitent of the two. I fully believe that team has bought into what Harbaugh is preaching and at 9-1 they are still playing for the possible top seed in the NFC. They will be motivated and play hard. No chance they get blown out, if they lose it will be by a close score.... SF can absoutley sneak away with a win in Balt.

DET, this one feels like the longest shot going against the undefeated champs but Det is still a very motivated team. They are looking like a playoff bound team (espically w/ the Cutler injury helping them out) They still have ALOT to play for. K. Smith added some serious spark to the running game this week. DET has a strong Defensive line and if they can get to Rogers a few times... you never know. GB has to lose sometime, I think. A road game in DET against the best lions team in 20 years... it could happen.

Is this wager a long shot? Of course it is but thats why it will pay 27 to 1. Hell, even if you just threw a $10 bill on it and won :wacko:

Edited by Tally

Gonna be a blow-out........Dallas by double digits easy........

Silly... they barley squeaked out a win aginst Wash...at this point in this season MIA is a MUCH MUCH better team than Wash is. This is exactly the type of game DAL losses.

If you don't like the wager don't play it but at 27-1 I'm all over it... if you want to risk $320 to win $100 than Dal is your bet... GL.

i gotta be honest, i love this pick. I dont think all 3 dogs will win, but I'd bet my life at least 1 will win outright, and almost all of them are close to a coin flip (not entirely, but close) If you got a big fat gambling bank roll, and $100 wouldn't hurt ya, I'd do that. if you're like me, broke and trying to get into the game, $20 is worth it.

if you are desperate for a win, I'd take 2 dogs ML, and the points on all the last.

this brings up a question, I've been meaning to ask. could you parlay all 3 dogs, AND take the points on all 3, making it a 6 teamer? wouldn't that pay incredibly more?

or is that not possible?

edit: now that i think about it, you can't parlay ML with spreads can you? sigh. i'm leaving this retardation, 1) so i can be properly flamed and C) so other people who didn't know can pretend they did and flame me too

Edited by LooGie

I'm not a gambler so it doesn't matter, but I am a REALIST..........Dallas blows 'em out!!!!!!!!

Your definition of a realist = blind as a bat hommer newbie....you have much to learn my man.

MIA has outscored their opponents 86-20 in there last 3 games and the game before that they played my Giants like champs and lost a heartbreaker that they should have one. Ever since M. Moore has taken over, this is a completley different team. Don't even get my started on their D.... very,very impressive D right now to say the least.

Your beloved Cowboys are about to run into a team that is in steam-roller mode...they may win the game and yes my wager is a longshot but to say Dal is going to blowout Mia is just plain dumb.

Edited by Tally

Newbie....I was probably watching football before you were born.......I'.m 47 and seen every snap of every Dallas game since the mid 70's...I have much to learn...you're killing me Smalls lol...........The emergence of DeMarco Murray has re-invented Romo and Laurent Robinson has been a Godsend.........The young O-line is starting to gel and Felix back will spell Murray and give a nice 1-2 punch.......You have much to learn......Time will tell..we'll see what goes down on Thanksgiving.........Much love........ :wacko:

:tup: He was born in 1972

Newbie....I was probably watching football before you were born.......I'.m 47 and seen every snap of every Dallas game since the mid 70's...I have much to learn...you're killing me Smalls lol...........The emergence of DeMarco Murray has re-invented Romo and Laurent Robinson has been a Godsend.........The young O-line is starting to gel and Felix back will spell Murray and give a nice 1-2 punch.......You have much to learn......Time will tell..we'll see what goes down on Thanksgiving.........Much love........ :wacko:

I was born in 1972 http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showuser=4816

I think your lying about you age (based on your name pony69) you were probably born in 1969. Therfore, you are probably 3 years older than me. Obviously, you didn't learn much from the ages of 1-3 and by now your three year advatage is all gone.

Besides that, my wager is based on the 2011 cowboys and the 2011 dolphins. Whatever Leon Lett, Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson did during their playing days has absoutley nothing to do with this wager.

what the hell is going on this thread? I'm not shocked to see a blind ass homer ranting and raving about how awesome his team is, and using insults and stupidity to do it, but i am somewhat shocked for 2 reasons:

1. it's not a patriots fan doing it

2. the old schoolers on here are actually arguing back? that's not the huddle i remember. sadface.

I'm older than you and saw Roger play college ball at Navy, so does that make my opinion the winner. All visitors will win on turkey day.

you and cowboyz 1 need to exchange emails.

I like the play and think it has a decent chance of hitting. The best thing about this type of wager is that you only need to hit the first two games to assure that you come out even on the deal. You can hedge however necessary on that third game if you wish to at least cover the cost of the wager. Ideally the 49ers would get a first half lead, and then you could hedge the Ravens at pickem for the game or possibly even plus points depending on the score.

Or if you were more adventureous, you might consider starting that hedge at halftime of the second game if the situation lends itself.

This is exactly the kind of play I love, it has a real chance of hitting, lots of bang for the buck, and lots of room for hedging with schitzo personalities of the Ravens and Cowboys. I may partake myself. :wacko:

If you have watched the Cowboys for that long then you should know that they currently have a 3 game win streak going...the first time since 2009 that they have won more than 2 games in a row(credit to JUM)...the last time they won 4 consecutive regular season games in the same season was back in 2007.

:rofl: keggerz is not fat.

:tup:

:lol:

yeah, I got a good chuckle out of that too..fwiw that is me "tebowing" on water.

also, fwiw, the Dolphins have given up just 20 points COMBINED in their last three games(3, 9 & 8), and since getting spanked by NE in week one they have given up just an average of 1.44 TDs/game (did a quick count but I think I got it right).