[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Orton placed on waivers

tazinib1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local reports here say the Rams would consider it, due to his familiarity with the system and friendship with McDaniels. Right now there is no QB coach here under McDaniel and Bradford has regressed. In theory, Orton would be a backup/QB Coach to Sam. Probably a longshot, but if it happens I get to say I predicted it. If it doesn't happen, remember I said it was a longshot. Either way, I win.

Well, duh. Those are the teams he's most lily to land at. Maybe the Lions if for no other reason than to keep him away from the Bears.

They have the same record, so the tiebreaker goes to the weakest strength of schedule of games played so far.

DET SOS is .520 and CHI is .530, so DET indeed has priority

Local reports here say the Rams would consider it, due to his familiarity with the system and friendship with McDaniels. Right now there is no QB coach here under McDaniel and Bradford has regressed. In theory, Orton would be a backup/QB Coach to Sam. Probably a longshot, but if it happens I get to say I predicted it. If it doesn't happen, remember I said it was a longshot. Either way, I win.

I don't think Bradford has regressede...his OL is crap.

so, I believe the final tally is in. for jay cutler, the broncos received alphonso smith (bust who was cut after one year) and robert ayers (backup DE).

:wacko:

Yup and the Bears got absolutely hammered for making that deal both here on these boards and in the media when Cutler didn't set the world on fire in Chicago.

Detroit would be very smart to block the Bears on this one. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have another backup QB for fragile Stafford.

I don't see it happening. I don't think the Lions want to cut either Shaun Hill or Drew Stanton.

If the Bears didn't mind paying the remainder of his salary, couldn't they grab him now?

Also, if he clears waivers the Bears only need pay him Veteran Minimum. Correct?

If he's claimed off waivers, that team will be paying his $2.5million. If he clears waivers, he can be signed by any team for the vet minimum but Denver would still be liable for his contract....I think....

Edited by tazinib1