[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Urban Meyer to Ohio State

Sox

Rut roh. Probably a good move for Ohio State though. Hopefully whatever (stress?) was getting after Urban at Florida has subsided. I mean being a coach is great and I'm sure the money is awesome but if you don't have your health you don't have much. :wacko:

RIch Rod to UA, psyched, he has the potential to do great things at UA. He is coming in with no pressure, he will be able to sell the Cali and Texas kids on UA and the Pac 12. RR is coming in with so much to prove - this is a home run hire by Byrne.

With Rich Rod and Sean Miller - as good as any football/hoops combo in the country.

With Rich Rod and Sean Miller - as good as any football/hoops combo in the country.

:wacko:

There is only one way it can work...he hires someone who knows how to coach defense and stays the hell out of their way. Michigan went from maybe 114th in total defense last year to Top 20 this year with pretty much the same players.

Of course, the Pac 12 isn't known for the toughest defenses around.

:wacko:

There is only one way it can work...he hires someone who knows how to coach defense and stays the hell out of their way. Michigan went from maybe 114th in total defense last year to Top 20 this year with pretty much the same players.

Of course, the Pac 12 isn't known for the toughest defenses around.

agreed - this is UA we be talking about, baby steps my man. The reality is though, the mIch thing was a debacle from the start, and RIch Rod in UA could be the perfect fit. we shall see.

The UA AD Byrne knows his chit - and he went right to Urban Meyer for guidance- he said Rich Rod was one of the 5 smartest minds in college football.

Within three years OSU will win a NC.

not a chance.

he may get to one in 5, but he is still fighting an uphill battle vs LSU, Bama, Oregon and once sanctions are lifted even USC.

times have changed, more competitive across the nation, and he isn't going to get the same kids to Columbus as he did in FLA

not a chance.

he may get to one in 5, but he is still fighting an uphill battle vs LSU, Bama, Oregon and once sanctions are lifted even USC.

times have changed, more competitive across the nation, and he isn't going to get the same kids to Columbus as he did in FLA

I hate OSU as much as the next guy, but if Urban can get 3 or 4 Florida recruits per year he totally changes the dynamics of that OSU team. I think he get them.

A quitter who resurfaces for a dream job...what's round at both ends and high in the middle? Urban Meyer's ego.

Is this like re-inventing the wheel? Why is Urban held to some other standard than the endless list of other coaches who do this? Certainly you aren't shocked by any of this, or any other coach that does this?

Is this like re-inventing the wheel? Why is Urban held to some other standard than the endless list of other coaches who do this? Certainly you aren't shocked by any of this, or any other coach that does this?

No. Nothing shocks me about college football. It's a solid rotation of the same teams pretty much year in and year out, with very little surprises.

The games are fun to watch at times, but unless you are a fan of those ultra programs, it's pretty lame.

Urban Meyer quit on a bunch of kids that committed to him. He got tired and worn out, probably saw a 3-4 year run off and didn't have the courage to rebuild. So, he takes a dream job, goes home, and is out of coaching for a year or so. Seems like the type of leader that will recruit blue chippers and will compete for a National Title. It's such a compelling story.

I'd like to see him take a job at a middle of the road D1 program and turn it around. That would be good for college football.