[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So lets just say it, the Panthers are utterly TERRIBAD

LooGie

Here are some of the premier RB's and there salaries:

Ray Rice -- $600,000 2012 Free Agent

LeSean McCoy -- 4yrs $3.47 Million 2013 FA

Frank Gore -- 4yrs $25.9 million 2014 FA

Adrian Peterson -- 7yrs $96 million 2018 FA

Matt Forte -- A joke he hasn't been resigned

MJD -- 5yr $30.95 million 2014 FA

Arian Foster -- $525,000 2012 RFA (Franchise tag coming)

Steven Jackson -- 6yr $44,85 million 2014 FA

Chris Johnson -- 6yr $55.26 million

DeAngleo Williams -- At age 28: 5yrs $43 million/. $21 million gauranteed :wacko:

Jonathon Stewart -- 5yr $14 millioin 2013 FA :tup:

They lost beason and Thomas davis early on.

They also were not good BEFORE that happened.

Thair dline cant stop the run, so they dont often get to have sack opportunities for their best pass rusher in Johnson. They desperately need some solid DTs and and a better crop of LBs to stop the run more effectively. Their secondary is average at BEST, and their safety play is quite bad.

Their offense has put up points, and they are getting production out of average players like Lafell and Naanee. It is the DEFENSE that has to be fixed for next year so they can take the next step . .

I get that our defense is bad, but I dont think we're so bad because of injuries. A defensive "mastermind", as it were, like Rivera should not be coaching anything that allows 50 points a game. Starters or not, playing a high powered Det team or not, the defense is considerably bad, even for 3rd stringers. We gave 30 points to Ten for crying out loud..and only scored 3!!

which brings me to the offense. we average 22 points a game. Get rid of that atrocious TEN game where we scored 3, and get rid of our highest scoring (vs DET: 35 points) and we average 23 points. But the problem is we rank 25th in the league for ability to score. We've scored 225 points in 4009 yards. We're ranked 5th in yards but it takes us more yards to score than 24 other teams in the NFL. That's not very good. (just over 17 yards to score a point. As an example, GB is #1 in yards with 4065 yards, only 55 more yards than CAR, but is also ranked #1 in points with 355, averaging only needing 11 yards to score a point.)

The offense is not efficient, ahead of only such power houses as TB, WAS, JAX, CLE, IND, KC & STL..in that order. So while we're averaging 23 points a game..that's with a crapload of yards. We're not nearly as good on offense as we should be...so where does that leave us?

DeAngleo Williams -- At age 28: 5yrs $43 million/. $21 million gauranteed :wacko:

I'm shocked Steven jackson gets paid that much...at any rate, lets just add up the total, and we got roughly $60 million for both, which is $35 million under Adrian Peterson, and about double of MJD. I'd say the two of those guys is about double as good as MJD and about 75% as good as Peterson..sounds about right! :lol:

In all seriousness, compared to how much other backs get paid, I agree, i dont think DWill is worth QUITE that much, but as a piece of the bigger, better puzzle, I i think $60 million is money well spent for that power house of a tandem. that's not homerism..i promise.

You're rebuilding.

And Tennessee dropped 30+ on a bunch of teams already this year. Quit acting like it's preseason. They're in the playoff race.

And giving up 49 to Detroit is bad, but also they are kind of prolific and have now hit 40+ three times this year. It shouldn't be a surprise that they did it against a bad team like Carolina.

I get that our defense is bad, but I dont think we're so bad because of injuries. A defensive "mastermind", as it were, like Rivera should not be coaching anything that allows 50 points a game. Starters or not, playing a high powered Det team or not, the defense is considerably bad, even for 3rd stringers. We gave 30 points to Ten for crying out loud..and only scored 3!!

which brings me to the offense. we average 22 points a game. Get rid of that atrocious TEN game where we scored 3, and get rid of our highest scoring (vs DET: 35 points) and we average 23 points. But the problem is we rank 25th in the league for ability to score. We've scored 225 points in 4009 yards. We're ranked 5th in yards but it takes us more yards to score than 24 other teams in the NFL. That's not very good. (just over 17 yards to score a point. As an example, GB is #1 in yards with 4065 yards, only 55 more yards than CAR, but is also ranked #1 in points with 355, averaging only needing 11 yards to score a point.)

The offense is not efficient, ahead of only such power houses as TB, WAS, JAX, CLE, IND, KC & STL..in that order. So while we're averaging 23 points a game..that's with a crapload of yards. We're not nearly as good on offense as we should be...so where does that leave us?

Dude, I don't think anyone here is arguing that the Panthers are good. You're pointing to all the reasons why they're 2-8 rather than 6-4. We get it, they're still not good.

As far as being inefficient, don't you think that has something to do with having a rookie QB? The kid still has a lot to learn. What he's shown is that he has two things you can't teach. He's a physical freak and he hates to lose. Now, all he needs to do is figure out how to read Ds, close the deal in the red zone, and avoid picks. These are things that very few guys have been good at right out the gate.

As for the D. Once again, they've got nobody up front and lost the two guys they had who could run around and hit dudes, which goes some way in helping out when you've got nobody up front.

Bottom line, if they listen to you and fire Rivera after almost a year, who the hell are they going to get? What coach worth a damned is going to sign up for that nonsense?

Can't blame Rivera, the guy's in his first year as HC...you have to give a new head coach the chance to do what he wants with the team and be able to bring in some players that he handpicks....it's just unfair to blame a head coach the first year he arrives

I'm shocked Steven jackson gets paid that much...at any rate, lets just add up the total, and we got roughly $60 million for both, which is $35 million under Adrian Peterson, and about double of MJD. I'd say the two of those guys is about double as good as MJD and about 75% as good as Peterson..sounds about right! :wacko:

In all seriousness, compared to how much other backs get paid, I agree, i dont think DWill is worth QUITE that much, but as a piece of the bigger, better puzzle, I i think $60 million is money well spent for that power house of a tandem. that's not homerism..i promise.

Problem is, D-Will turns 29 next year and we all know what that means. Stew is a UFA in 2013. You're gonna lose Stew guaranteed and will be stuck with an over-the-hill, overpaid RB. They should have traded D-Will to Denver and put their cards in Stew...saved that money, signed a few FA's and loaded Stew with a nice contract extenstion in 2012. That was the scenario I thought for sure would happen.

After seeing this, kudos to Rice and Foster for quietly playing the way they do being worth way more than they are being paid.

It is his first year. He has two HUGE injuries to defensive leaders. Scheme only gets you so far if you dont have the talent to start with.

Give him a yera or two drafting "his" guys for the defense and sign some FAs and then go after him. But first year?

I actually think they have over performed with how well the offense has played. They have developed quicker than I would have expected.

You're rebuilding.

And Tennessee dropped 30+ on a bunch of teams already this year. Quit acting like it's preseason. They're in the playoff race.

And giving up 49 to Detroit is bad, but also they are kind of prolific and have now hit 40+ three times this year. It shouldn't be a surprise that they did it against a bad team like Carolina.

you know, i'm almost ashamed to admit that you're completely right about TEN...they are in the playoff race. jesus, I completely overlooked that. Here I was just keeping them in the same tier as awful Jax and IND... ugh. I really wasn't paying attention. My bad.

Dude, I don't think anyone here is arguing that the Panthers are good. You're pointing to all the reasons why they're 2-8 rather than 6-4. We get it, they're still not good.

As far as being inefficient, don't you think that has something to do with having a rookie QB? The kid still has a lot to learn. What he's shown is that he has two things you can't teach. He's a physical freak and he hates to lose. Now, all he needs to do is figure out how to read Ds, close the deal in the red zone, and avoid picks. These are things that very few guys have been good at right out the gate.

As for the D. Once again, they've got nobody up front and lost the two guys they had who could run around and hit dudes, which goes some way in helping out when you've got nobody up front.

Bottom line, if they listen to you and fire Rivera after almost a year, who the hell are they going to get? What coach worth a damned is going to sign up for that nonsense?

I think I may have misrepresented myself, or maybe you missed my point. I'm pointing at the reasons they are 2-8, yes, but this team, with what I'm pointing at, is capable, imo, of being at least 4-6, or 5-5 thus far. Jesus, 3-7.

I understand the defense bleeds and is costing us games, and the offense being inefficient very well could be Newton's fault for being a rookie, however, he's still good enough to get us to 4-6 thus far. I think in my rambling, I'm showing all the things that are wrong with Car, but have no reasons for them. I am currently laying it at Rivera's feet, but alot of people are swaying me to shut my face.

I'll take the other Panther fans word for it, and say that me blaming Rivera is probably because I'm ignorant and less informed than years past, however I haven't really seen anything that puts me at ease that Rivera is a good coach.

And I still think Cowher would be willing to come out of retirement for the right price..unless he already did and I just wasn't paying attention. Hell he lives in the BofA Stadium's backyard.

Edited by LooGie

Well then I stand corrected... but I'll continue to maintain pulling the plug on Rivera after 10 games is nonsense.

I guess i should've stated at the beginning, I'm not calling for his job, or anything. I never would. but I certainly am not above placing blame on a bad HC, if he deserves it. the point of this post was to determine, if Rivera deserves the blame, or not.