[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unethical or not?

LvilleSlugger

I say "out" because he was 3-7, still mathematically possible to make it but would take a bigger miracle than parting the Red Sea. I have AJ coming back so I offered Lloyd or Nicks for Mike Bush. The commish told him not to do it because people would complain. Of course he is in playoff contention, as am I. I didn't bitch about it then but now I'm pissed b/c my only strong RBs WERE Fred Jax and Steven Jax.

Trade window just closed, this was a last minute proposal. It seemed like an even trade to me.

There is no official rule that I'm aware of, but like you said, he technically wasn't OUT of the playoffs.

To add insult to injury he picked up Spiller literally 4 minutes before I checked the waiver wire.

Trade window just closed, this was a last minute proposal. It seemed like an even trade to me.

There is no official rule that I'm aware of, but like you said, he technically wasn't OUT of the playoffs.

To add insult to injury he picked up Spiller literally 4 minutes before I checked the waiver wire.

Proof he is indeed trying to improve his team...if nothing else but playing spoiler. Yeah...I'd get out of this league next year if I were you....

This sounds pretty ridiculous. In my main league it's not clear I'm yet in the playoffs, but I executed a trade today with someone who for all intents and purposes is out of contention. Out trade deadline is tomorrow (Thanksgiving). The trade gave fair value on both sides and so far no one in the league has objected.

there is nothing wrong with trading with teams out of the playoffs, but IMO the trades need to be examined even more closely. I usually don't like to veto any trades but in cases like this the trade needs to be even more fair than a normal trade would be.

By the time the NFL trade deadline has passed, I don't know if it's even possible to be mathmetically eliminated so maybe not the best anaolgy.

And the NFL itself is not comparablr to a redraft league.

For a dynasty leagur, a team out of the playoffs can trade to make their team stronger in the future.

In a redraft league, teams should have those rosters locked once eliminated.

If there is a benefit that can carry to next year (draft picks or position) trade away.

Not enough info to make a call other than the fact the your commish IS a douch and you should find a new league.

This.

If it's within the rules there is nothing wrong w/ it.

Having said that, I think a rule change is in order.

just move the trade deadline up sooner next year. then the trade takes place when everyone is still in contention, if it is such a big deal.

This doesn't solve anything, it just moves the discussion up the calendar. Instead of the guy being 3-7 he'll be 2-6 or 3-5. If he's going to make the trade he's going to make the trade.

In my local we had one guy start 5-1 and another 1-5. They have since gone on 5 game losing and winning streaks, respectively, and now #2 is a game up on the former "playoff lock". As long as they aren't mathematically eliminated (which is a bitch to prove so early) they should be able to trade for this exact reason. #2 was at one point offering to Whiteflag it and take picks next year for guys like Wallace and McFadden (not eligible to keep) but now he's giving up picks next year to plug holes and make a championship run.

Your commissioner is a punk, a moran, or both.

In keeper leagues, owners that are eliminated should be allowed to trade amongst themselves but not with teams still in contention. In redraft, once eliminated no trades should happen.

Since we're on one of these threads.

In a local, we can keep up to 2 if drafted 5th round or later. While not officially out, I'm out. Trade deadline is officially over as of today and I didn't do it as to not upset anybody, but would it have been ethical to trade CJohnson who can't be kept to a contender for a first round pick next year?

Since we're on one of these threads.

In a local, we can keep up to 2 if drafted 5th round or later. While not officially out, I'm out. Trade deadline is officially over as of today and I didn't do it as to not upset anybody, but would it have been ethical to trade CJohnson who can't be kept to a contender for a first round pick next year?

Not only is it ethical, it'd have been pretty stupid of you to turn down the offer. You are basically getting a 1st round pick in exchange for a player that is essentially worthless to you.