[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unethical or not?

LvilleSlugger

I agree with you. I wasn't given the offer, I was thinking about it, but assumed it would upset some.

That kind of offer is one of the major strategic elements of keeper/dynasty leagues. If trade like that would upset an owner in the league, then they are clueless as to what proper keeper/dynasty strategy is.

In my league you are never mathematically eliminated until after the last regular season game. 6 teams make the playoffs. The 6th and final playoff spot goes to the team (6th-12th place) with the most total season points , regardless of W/L record. We also get $ for high points each week which also gives incentive to keep managing your team. Teams in last place with <1% chance of making playoffs are very cognizant of making "stupid" trades late in the year.

Edited by Dazzlemaster

I play in many different types of leagues but it always comes down to rules. The trade itself is fine, regardless of what people may think based on your record if there are no rules against it. I would suggest you tighten up the rules next year.

In redraft leagues rules range from no trading, a specific deadline, or no trading once the team is eliminated. The entry fee usually dictates the rules.

In one dynasty, we have a specific deadline. In my very complex IDP with salary caps, contract years, and roster limits, trading is year round but we are looking at moving rookie draft picks to potential points as teams have a tendency to sell off assets for higher picks later which causes more losses for non contenders.

In the end if you have no rules against it then you should not be concerned about legitimate trades. I will say in redrafts that a deadline should be in place and teams eliminated should not be allowed to trade especially if the entry fees are high as people will ask the very simple question...Why bother and what is the incentive?

Edited by Ice1