[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Dolphins

montster

Cowboys offense did not play well and the defense looked like they were uninterested in the game. Stupid penalties and the secondary was awful. But the game winning drive (starting with the punt return by Dez) was great. Dan Bailey is pure money this year. 25-26 FGs and back to back game winners. Not bad for a rookie.

The team as a whole needs to play better and more consistently though. Brady James got old real quick. He and Brookings have become liabilities at the LB position. Good to see Butler getting more action. Bruce Carter will be phased in also so that James and Brookings can step aside.

A few observations

Doug Free is the new Flozell Adams I see. :wacko: Jeez enough with the false starts already

The last touchdown drive that Dallas had was some of the greatest plays I have ever seen Romo make. This was a drive where his improvising gunslinger mentality paid off. Hung in till the last second, took the big hit, and delivered some really terrific passes

The Marshall TD catch was ridiculously good

Dallas secondary needs to get better. They are still soft in the middle of the field and give up too many long 3rd down conversions.

Murray can juke you and run you over

Victor Butler still cant find his jock after the move bush put on him

Nice win by Dallas . Wasnt pretty again but now we get a decent rest until the next game. The team still has holes but they are pulling out wins and found a running game . No complaints here

The last touchdown drive that Dallas had was some of the greatest plays I have ever seen Romo make. This was a drive where his improvising gunslinger mentality paid off. Hung in till the last second, took the big hit, and delivered some really terrific passes

Yep that one where he threw a little screen to the left right as he was getting blind-sided was impressive stuff, he barely even saw the guy coming; just getting it off was impressive. He's kind of Eli-like as in he'll drive you crazy with dumb mistakes but then turn around and do stuff like this.

Good win over Matt Moore.

Yes, it was. Any win is a good win as it gets entered into the right column.

A few observations

Doug Free is the new Flozell Adams I see. :wacko: Jeez enough with the false starts already

The Marshall TD catch was ridiculously good

Dallas secondary needs to get better. They are still soft in the middle of the field and give up too many long 3rd down conversions.

Murray can juke you and run you over

Victor Butler still cant find his jock after the move bush put on him

Nice win by Dallas . Wasnt pretty again but now we get a decent rest until the next game. The team still has holes but they are pulling out wins and found a running game . No complaints here

The Boys barely pulled out wins against two sub-par teams like Washington and Miami ... you have a high degree of confidence that they will be able to pull those wins off against play off caliber teams?

Miami handed the game over when the offense failed to capitalize on the opportunities provided by the defense early. Two picks. Can't ask for much more. By the end the Miami defense was tired. And Sparano just coaches way too conservatively, which is why he won't be back next year.

I want to hear some opinions on something though. At the two-minute warning, the 'Boys were driving and well within field goal range. At this point, I had a thought. At 17-19, with a virutally guaranteed field goal for Dallas, why waste all those Miami timeouts in futility stopping the clock and then putting Dallas in a position to win with 4 seconds on the clock? What if the defense just laid down, let Dallas score a TD, now 19-24, then Miami has 2-minutes to drive up the field with all their timeouts in hand, control the clock, do or die TD? Is that too wild? Am I losing my mind?

The Boys barely pulled out wins against two sub-par teams like Washington and Miami ... you have a high degree of confidence that they will be able to pull those wins off against play off caliber teams?

Those teams arent world beaters but Wash in Wash is always a tough game. I never expected a cake walk. Miami had also won 3 in a row and hadn't let up a td in 10-11 quarters going in to Thursdays games. I realize we arent beating the league elite but these are games Dallas used to lose under Wade . To answer your question I think Dallas has the O to hang with anyone, especially when Austin comes back. I have concerns in the secondary .Our season seemed very much in doubt after the first 4 games. They have rallied and now lead the division. They arent winning pretty but ill take it. With the firepower we have on O ill give them a punchers chance with anyone. Im just excited about the meaningful football we are playing now considering how the season started

Miami handed the game over when the offense failed to capitalize on the opportunities provided by the defense early. Two picks. Can't ask for much more. By the end the Miami defense was tired. And Sparano just coaches way too conservatively, which is why he won't be back next year.

I want to hear some opinions on something though. At the two-minute warning, the 'Boys were driving and well within field goal range. At this point, I had a thought. At 17-19, with a virutally guaranteed field goal for Dallas, why waste all those Miami timeouts in futility stopping the clock and then putting Dallas in a position to win with 4 seconds on the clock? What if the defense just laid down, let Dallas score a TD, now 19-24, then Miami has 2-minutes to drive up the field with all their timeouts in hand, control the clock, do or die TD? Is that too wild? Am I losing my mind?

Not at all. Holmgren did it in the superbowl vs Denver . Its a legit strategy