[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Question

Timmypg

Is there a way to lock non-submitted lineup players? A guy in our league figured out a loop hole. He doesn't submit his lineup, sees how a guy does & then either leaves him in or pulls him. Example: He's going to play the same lineup this week as last week, he has Gore, if Gore does good he won't do his lineup & leave Gore in, if Gore flops he'll do his lineup & take Gore out. Is there a way to set it that Gore would be locked in no matter what?

Is there a way to lock non-submitted lineup players? A guy in our league figured out a loop hole. He doesn't submit his lineup, sees how a guy does & then either leaves him in or pulls him. Example: He's going to play the same lineup this week as last week, he has Gore, if Gore does good he won't do his lineup & leave Gore in, if Gore flops he'll do his lineup & take Gore out. Is there a way to set it that Gore would be locked in no matter what?

A couple boots to his nutsack and you won't have to change any settings

I agree with Detlef, he shouldn't be coming back. But when I just looked at our league setup I have 4 options to choose from. Only 1 of them (as specified by league calendar) does not lock players at kickoff of their game.

It's under the Weekly Lineup Setup link on the commish setup page.

We had this exact scenario a few years back in my local where a guy discovered this same loophole. Like Ursa stated, you need to have players lock their status at kickoff. Once we realized what was going on in our discussion on how to handle it we all decided, screw it, we did away with the previous weeks lineup carrying over and set it so you had to submit a lineup each week or you got nothin.

Setup / Other Transaction Setup / Weekly Lineup Setup

We use "Gametime - Players are locked at scheduled kickoff of their game"

I agree with Detlef, he shouldn't be coming back. But when I just looked at our league setup I have 4 options to choose from. Only 1 of them (as specified by league calendar) does not lock players at kickoff of their game.

It's under the Weekly Lineup Setup link on the commish setup page.

We ran into an issue where no line-up was entered for the week (we do carry-over from the previous week). So the Thur game starts and one guy tries to enter his line-up for the 1st time that week and one of his guys who started the week before (and should have carried over) gets bumped out. So theoretically he could have waited till late in the game and bumped him on purpose.

Any ideas on how to stop that? Our league setting is exactly what Ursa has.

This is our league setting. The loop hole avoids it.

I've not checked recently, but I think the "loophole" could be related to the "prior week lineup carryover" setting being used in conjunction with the above "lock players at gametime" setting. IIRC, having the "lock at gametime" setting enabled while also using the "carryover" setting "carry forward past lineup as soon as prior week results are available" (or similar wording) may close the loophole for you.