[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Barkley

bostonsoxandy

Wrong. Most people think that because he's a world class sprinter that he must also be a run first QB and that couldn't be any further from the truth. He's a pocket passer with legit arm strength and accuracy. Pair that with the fact that he's playing with lesser players around him than Barkley or Luck. To say he's not going to be anyone to watch in the draft and that he's just a fun college QB is borderline asinine. I'm half thinking that you're just kidding with that post.

:wacko:

And I'll go ahead and say that Barkley is behind Luck and Griffin. Griffin will go in the first, probably late, but will be a machine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see griffin being drafted to a team with a very subpar o-line and he ends up having injury problems

Random.

I think he's going to go late in the first, so he's probably going to end up with a team that is better than awful.

He could end up going to a team like Houston, it's way too early to speculate what RG3's future line will look like.

Edited by piratesownninjas

So . . . take the talented QB that returned to school even though he could have been the first pick in the NFL draft, or the talented underclassman that had one good year?

:wacko: Where have I heard this before? :tup:

Edited by CaptainHook

Wrong. Most people think that because he's a world class sprinter that he must also be a run first QB and that couldn't be any further from the truth. He's a pocket passer with legit arm strength and accuracy. Pair that with the fact that he's playing with lesser players around him than Barkley or Luck. To say he's not going to be anyone to watch in the draft and that he's just a fun college QB is borderline asinine. I'm half thinking that you're just kidding with that post.

:wacko:

didn't say he isnt; someone to watch in the draft he is a talented kid, and a bit of a project.

I know you Texans are funny when it comes to your peeps but your comparing a mid-first rd guy to the likely 1-2 picks in the draft. Two QB's in Barkley and Luck that are as ready for the pro game as we have seen in recent drafts. Does RGII have a shot to be a good NFL QB? sure? is he in the discussion for top 1-2 picks in the NFL draft? negative.

clear separation between Luck, Barkley, Jones - followed by RGII and again, he isn't in the same league as an overall QB prospect as Luck and Barkley. period.

Edited by wildcat2334

didn't say he isnt; someone to watch in the draft he is a talented kid, and a bit of a project.

I know you Texans are funny when it comes to your peeps but your comparing a mid-first rd guy to the likely 1-2 picks in the draft. Two QB's in Barkley and Luck that are as ready for the pro game as we have seen in recent drafts. Does RGII have a shot to be a good NFL QB? sure? is he in the discussion for top 1-2 picks in the NFL draft? negative.

clear separation between Luck, Barkley, Jones - followed by RGII and again, he isn't in the same league as an overall QB prospect as Luck and Barkley. period.

Jones? Landry Jones? :wacko: Jones isn't close, and Barkley isn't the likely no.2 pick. Luck is the only lock.

Luck is a lock at 1.

Griffin and Barkley are mid 1sts. Landry Jones isnt.

And I'll say it, if RG3 was white he'd have more hype than Barkley. He's not a "project" either. To say crazy stuff about Griffin being a project or nowhere near Barkley is either ignorance and not knowing what they're seeing, you fishing, or you have something against RG3/Baylor.

Jones? Landry Jones? :wacko: Jones isn't close, and Barkley isn't the likely no.2 pick. Luck is the only lock.

Luck is a lock at 1.

And I'll say it, if RG3 was white he'd have more hype than Barkley. He's not a "project" either. To say crazy stuff about Griffin being a project or nowhere near Barkley is either ignorance and not knowing what they're seeing, you fishing, or you have something against RG3/Baylor.

your a strange dude PON - Luck is a lock at 1, EVERYTHING I have seen has Barkley at #2 or #3 worst case scenario. Jones was ahead of Barkley pre-season and still in the top8-10 - RGII is in the mid-teens and yes is a project to make the jump from Bayolor's spread to a pro stye offense. You don't really have any clue what you are talking about and are just poppong off straight bullchit because your on RG111 ball bag.

I have nothing against RGII - I think the dude is sick, but to comopare him to Luck, Barkley, and Jones is a swing and a miss

your a strange dude PON - Luck is a lock at 1, EVERYTHING I have seen has Barkley at #2 or #3 worst case scenario. Jones was ahead of Barkley pre-season and still in the top8-10 - RGII is in the mid-teens and yes is a project to make the jump from Bayolor's spread to a pro stye offense. You don't really have any clue what you are talking about and are just poppong off straight bullchit because your on RG111 ball bag.

I have nothing against RGII - I think the dude is sick, but to comopare him to Luck, Barkley, and Jones is a swing and a miss

You must have thought Cam Newton was a gimmick/project too, huh. :wacko:

Landry Jones? Give me a break. He can't handle any rush whatsoever.

Methinks you haven't seen much actual game action from Baylor this season. Don't trust what ESPN force-feeds you.

You must have thought Cam Newton was a gimmick/project too, huh. :wacko:

Landry Jones? Give me a break. He can't handle any rush whatsoever.

Methinks you haven't seen much actual game action from Baylor this season. Don't trust what ESPN force-feeds you.

I have seen RGIII plenty of times. And yes, put me down in the camp that thought Cam was a project - but he has been awesome. You are not seriously making an RG11-Cam comparions are you? cmon

Jones hs been a top 5-7 pick all year and will fall in there somewhere.

When you say #2, are you saying second pick, or second quarterback taken? Luck is a truly elite QB prospect. Barkley and the others aren't, and I don't buy that he's a lock for a top five pick. I don't buy that he's the number 2 QB, but I think if we're tiering QB's its

Luck

RG3/Barkley

Other guys

Landry Jones is over hyped. Pre-season player rankings are always dicey and I wouldn't put anything into those. If you keep up with Saturdays it's extremely clear that Griffin is a project in the sense that he's not Andrew Luck, and he's a rookie. Other than that, he's just as ready if not more than Ponder, Gabbert, or Dalton. He's not undersized, he's accurate, he has a great deep ball, and more so than anyone in this class, is a leader. For him to do what he's doing with freaking Baylor can't be over-looked. The part about him being an burner with his legs is an after thought, he's a pocket passer first, and a runner second. If we're saying Luck is Manning play wise, then I'd say RG3 has the tools to be in the same mold as the guy in my avitar. I'm all aboard the RG3 bandwagon.

I have seen RGIII plenty of times. And yes, put me down in the camp that thought Cam was a project - but he has been awesome. You are not seriously making an RG11-Cam comparions are you? cmon

:tup: What would the problem be with making the Newton-Griffin comparison?

We'll see how Jones handles an NFL-caliber pass rush.

And FWIW, I agree witn PON that it's Luck.... then a huge dropoff in terms of reliable future production. Barkley will be as much of a project as RGIII will be. Barkley screams Jimmy Clausen to me. But, but... the guy's been in a pro-style offense his entire collegiate career! :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Luck is a lock at 1.

I agree with you that Griffin isn't a project and he's an elite college player who isn't just a runner. Don't bring out the race card though, it has nothing to do with it. The real fact that he isn't getting as much hype as Luck, he is getting the same amount-if not more-hype than Barkley, is because Baylor has lost to Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M.

And as for the idea that he doesn't have any good receiving threats Kendall Wright is blazing fast and has great hands; he has made some great catches this year. 95 catches, 1406 yards and 12 TD's is as good as Robert Woods.

Another thing is Griffin and Barkley aren't going in the mid-1st and Landry's much better than you give him credit for....Current mocks have Luck, Barkley, Jones, and Griffin all going in the top-10 to the Colts, Redskins, Dolphins, and Chiefs in some order.

I'd much rather have Luck or Barkley rather than Griffin and it would depend on the team if I'd rather have Landry or Griffin. Griffin would work well in Miami, I'd love to see him there. Sporano is very creative with the wildcat, he'd be another option to that, and he can use Marshall well

Cam Newton and Robert Griffin are completely different QB's. I said last March/April that I thought Newton was a Roethlisberger mold qb with better wheels. Still think that. Griffin is more of a Rodgers mold with better wheels. Obviously he has to end up on the right team, but if he does he's the best player in the draft. I think he has that kind of potential.

No, he won't. Landry Jones has not done anything on the field this year to support that statement. Jones is in my opinion a product of the talent around him. I'm not into betting money or what not, but I'll take you up on a sig line bet if you want.

When you say #2, are you saying second pick, or second quarterback taken? Luck is a truly elite QB prospect. Barkley and the others aren't, and I don't buy that he's a lock for a top five pick. I don't buy that he's the number 2 QB, but I think if we're tiering QB's its

Luck

RG3/Barkley

Other guys

Landry Jones is over hyped. Pre-season player rankings are always dicey and I wouldn't put anything into those. If you keep up with Saturdays it's extremely clear that Griffin is a project in the sense that he's not Andrew Luck, and he's a rookie. Other than that, he's just as ready if not more than Ponder, Gabbert, or Dalton. He's not undersized, he's accurate, he has a great deep ball, and more so than anyone in this class, is a leader. For him to do what he's doing with freaking Baylor can't be over-looked. The part about him being an burner with his legs is an after thought, he's a pocket passer first, and a runner second. If we're saying Luck is Manning play wise, then I'd say RG3 has the tools to be in the same mold as the guy in my avitar. I'm all aboard the RG3 bandwagon.

whoa- you made the RGII comparison to Rodgers? based on what?

Everything I have seen has scouts drooling over Barkley, and he looks pretty solidified at #3 behind Kalil. I am no Jones fan, but he seems to be a lock for top 8-10, probably based on teams needs as much as anything.

He coulc be great - just not in the draft discussion with Luck and Barkley - the original theme of the thread.

I would put Jones ahead of RGII, and I bet he is drafted ahead of him.

Just for the record Walter Football's mock drafts, which I tend to find to be above-average, have projected Luck going at #1, Barkley at #5, Grifffin at #8, and Jones at #11 (http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php)

whoa- you made the RGII comparison to Rodgers? based on what?

Everything I have seen has scouts drooling over Barkley, and he looks pretty solidified at #3 behind Kalil. I am no Jones fan, but he seems to be a lock for top 8-10, probably based on teams needs as much as anything.

He coulc be great - just not in the draft discussion with Luck and Barkley - the original theme of the thread.

I would put Jones ahead of RGII, and I bet he is drafted ahead of him.

I didn't compare him to Rodgers, I said he's in the same mold. Just as I said that Cam Newton was in the Ben Roethlisberger mold. Completely different things. I put him in the same mold based on a lot of things. Leadership, the way he rallies his team. Ability to make all the throws, ability to hit WR's in stride. Ability to make something happen with his legs after the play has broken down.

And you putting Jones ahead of RG3 tells me that you're following what some website is saying. A lot of those same sites said Newton shouldn't be a top 5 pick last year. Landry Jones won't be a first rounder. As someone who is force fed B12 football I can assure you that Jones is not a top ten pick, and will be lucky to be in the top 32. I think Landy Jones was a product of having one of the greatest NCAA WR's ever on his team.

The real discussion is RG3 or Barkley as the second qb. Luck is alone, then RG3 and Barkley. Jones is not in the conversation.