[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Johnson

gilthorp

I found it to be hilarious. Stevie didn't completely botch the kickoff which led to the TD. I've never seen a kicker use his shin to try to kick the ball deep. I did have a problem with that drop in the last minute though. Gotta make those catches., Stevie.

Maybe next time he can pretend to be a trainer on the sidelines and David Nelson can pretend to be the gunner and Stevie can trip him. Love those Jets fans talking about class!

Keep planning those TD celebrations, Stevie. You give us Bills fans something to look forward to.

Edited by Piles

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it to be hilarious. Stevie didn't completely botch the kickoff which led to the TD. I've never seen a kicker use his shin to try to kick the ball deep. I did have a problem with that drop in the last minute though. Gotta make those catches., Stevie.

Maybe next time he can pretend to be a trainer on the sidelines and David Nelson can pretend to be the gunner and Stevie can trip him. Love those Jets fans talking about class!

Keep planning those TD celebrations, Stevie. You give us Bills fans something to look forward to.

Here we see it again. Citing another team's or player's past indiscretion in a failed attempt to defend the classlessness demonstred today by one of your own. PFAIL. Those wacky Bills fans! Pin your loss on Stevie. Haha.

Edited by Dcat

That's an irrelevant comparison. Pointing out that Plax was an idiot for that past incident (and he was) somehow, in your puny mind makes Stevie Johnson's assinine TD clebration (which cost his team dearly) ok? Really, just stop now. There is no logic to your argument at all, and citing Plax's crime (which he has paid for in tome spent in state prison) demonstrates just how feeble your position is.

:wacko: I said it was funny. I didn't say I agreed/condoned it. Sheesh.

Here we see it again. Citing another team's or player's past indiscretion in a failed attempt to defend the classlessness demonstred today by one of your own. PFAIL. Those wacky Bills fans! Pin your loss on Stevie. Haha.

Nah, I just find it ironic that you, as a Jets fan, are talking about a classless move by another team's player :wacko:

Look, the Bills suck. They haven't gone anywhere in 10+ years and that isn't going to change this year. I stopped getting upset over Buffalo's failures long ago. Stevie brings some excitement and entertainment value to a team that can otherwise be painful/boring to watch. I can see where someone may think it was dumb or stupid just as easily as I found it to be funny. No matter though, Stevie is fun to watch play even when he fails. I'm glad he's on my team and I hope that Buddy is smart enough to sign him to a long-term deal.

Anyone who didnt think that was funny needs to pull the pole out of their a$$ and loosen up. Smh...probably the same people think Earl Bennetts shoes should not be allowed.

It was funny, cocky, stupid, disrespectful, etc. etc. Not the first player to make an idiot out of himself. The Lame-o Leap should be banned too then.

You're right. Classy people wear sweatpants to a club. And bring their unlicensed gun. And shoot themselves.

Glad to see your reading comprehension is still as sharp as ever. :wacko:

I never said it was classy/funny, or not. It was a stupid thing to do by an immature boy. No biggie.

This.

I never said it was classy/funny, or not. It was a stupid thing to do by an immature boy. No biggie.

Oh I know....I was responding to that old fart Chief Dick.

And by the way, the Ochocinco river dance thing was the funniest ever IMO, given the circumstances. I mean what are the odds that Ocho knew that Urlachers woman slept with the Riverdance guy and even crazier that Urlacher was covering him on a TD reception. :wacko:

It was freakin funny get the damn stick out of your asses. Football is for entertainment, remember that.

Football is a sport. The game as it is meant to be played is what interests & entertains me, not the extracurricular bs.

There are veterans on the Bills for whom this will likely be their last season. That is true of pretty much every team. Perhaps their only chance for a playoff game is this year. Their chance just was diminished in part due to Johnson needing to glorify himself above the team. He hurt his own team with his selfish actions. This is not the first time.

When the Bills are eliminated from contention I would sit him, were I the Coach. I would let him, and the press, know the reason I was sitting him was in the hope of embarassing him, diminishing his marketability, and to hurt his ability to make incentives in his contract. I would explain that since he wished to glorify himself to the detriment of the team that I would see to it that his attitude came with a price tag.

In the off season I would trade him. There would no doubt be plenty of takers. See I want a team that works together, pulls together, and works for the man beside one in the huddle.

When the Bills are eliminated from contention I would sit him, were I the Coach. I would let him, and the press, know the reason I was sitting him was in the hope of embarassing him, diminishing his marketability, and to hurt his ability to make incentives in his contract. I would explain that since he wished to glorify himself to the detriment of the team that I would see to it that his attitude came with a price tag.

In the off season I would trade him. There would no doubt be plenty of takers. See I want a team that works together, pulls together, and works for the man beside one in the huddle.

Are you in favor of trading every player who gets an unsportsmanlike penalty or two? If so, then I applaud your consistency even if it seems irrational to me. The guy makes a whopping 1.2 million this year with no incentives in his contract and is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year so you aren't going to punish him with lack of incentives or trade him. I understand that you were just trying to make a point and probably didn't know his contract details though. I'm all for a team that wins and loses as 1 but your idea of retribution seems extreme even for a coach like Coughlin. I wouldn't put it past Buddy Nix to try and do something so foolish though.

If I were the coach, I'd sit Stevie down and tell him that the penalty hurt us and those types of penalties won't be tolerated in the future. Any future incidents will be met with a fine from the team.

Are you in favor of trading every player who gets an unsportsmanlike penalty or two? If so, then I applaud your consistency even if it seems irrational to me. The guy makes a whopping 1.2 million this year with no incentives in his contract and is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year so you aren't going to punish him with lack of incentives or trade him. I understand that you were just trying to make a point and probably didn't know his contract details though. I'm all for a team that wins and loses as 1 but your idea of retribution seems extreme even for a coach like Coughlin. I wouldn't put it past Buddy Nix to try and do something so foolish though.

If I were the coach, I'd sit Stevie down and tell him that the penalty hurt us and those types of penalties won't be tolerated in the future. Any future incidents will be met with a fine from the team.

I do not know of many players who have premeditated unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Stevie Johnson premeditated this. I do remember Charles Martin of the Packers having a towel with a hit list of Bears players numbers on it. including Jim McMahon's. He then went out and blatantly cheap shoted McMahon. I would have cut or traded him before he had his shoulder pades off.

I do not see my course of action as retribution, I see it as a teaching moment for the rest of the team. I also note that the first time the mistake is made I would coach the guy, but this is not Johnson's first trip into town. He has pulled this taco before, was coached on the matter, and persists in his actions. He obviously does not care about team success, only about getting a personal spotlight. I would not tolerate such a cancer.

He acted like a selfish bag of dicks and it potentially cost his team a game they really needed which in turn may cost them a shot at the playoffs. This is not an individual sport, he's a member of a team and he pretty much just f*cked everyone of those guys in the buttocks.

But hey, I guess if it made some of you guys that watch football for the hughmor factor laugh, it must be alright then. :oldrolleyes:

He acted like a selfish bag of dicks and it potentially cost his team a game they really needed which in turn may cost them a shot at the playoffs. This is not an individual sport, he's a member of a team and he pretty much just f*cked everyone of those guys in the buttocks.

But hey, I guess if it made some of you guys that watch football for the hughmor factor laugh, it must be alright then. :oldrolleyes:

:wacko: I don't think it's alright. It was selfish and stupid. And funny.

Can't it be both?

It should also be noted, he did not get the penalty for the dance, or for mock shooting himself in the thigh. He got the penalty for falling to the ground afterwards.