[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Johnson

gilthorp

I wonder what the playoff share is per man for say a wildcard game. Is there one? is the winner's share bigger than the loser's. Did Johnson just cost each member of his team money? What is the total cost?

Don't have this year's numbers, but this list shows those per-player amounts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a sport. The game as it is meant to be played is what interests & entertains me, not the extracurricular bs.

Exactly, many of us can remember the day when most players didn't do this stuff. Or if they did anything it was a spike or some lame dance. Not all this choreographed BS with props and other schtick that would be more at place in a stand up comedy routine.

Such a stupid self inflicting wound would never happen on a contender team.

:wacko: Congrats, that is an even funnier statement, considering who the "self-inflicted wound" was directed towards....

Was it stupid to draw a penalty for going too far, yes, but was it funny that he was doing so to make fun of a guy who recklessly brought a gun into a crowded nightclub and unloaded it into his leg, HELL YES....

No it's not something we should be praising him for, and Bills fans can be justifiably mad that he effectively cost them the game with the penalty and drops, but lighten up people. Plax deserves every bit of criticism he gets for endangering people, and the celebration was completely inconsequential to the game, other than he went to the ground and cost his team 15 yards.

Sometimes I think people just want things to get upset about. If you don't like the celebrations, then don't pay attention after the play is over... From the fan's perspective, it should have zero negative effect on your enjoyment of the game.

:wacko: Congrats, that is an even funnier statement, considering who the "self-inflicted wound" was directed towards....

Was it stupid to draw a penalty for going too far, yes, but was it funny that he was doing so to make fun of a guy who recklessly brought a gun into a crowded nightclub and unloaded it into his leg, HELL YES....

No it's not something we should be praising him for, and Bills fans can be justifiably mad that he effectively cost them the game with the penalty and drops, but lighten up people. Plax deserves every bit of criticism he gets for endangering people, and the celebration was completely inconsequential to the game, other than he went to the ground and cost his team 15 yards.

Sometimes I think people just want things to get upset about. If you don't like the celebrations, then don't pay attention after the play is over... From the fan's perspective, it should have zero negative effect on your enjoyment of the game.

Agree with the first part, and I know I probably do that at times.

Totally disagree with the last part. As more and more players do this taco (all the childish celebrating often over plays that were not that big) fans who want to watch football will continue to enjoy the game less. Others who seem to enjoy highlights and celebrations more than the actual game will get what they want.

When I started reading aobut guys like TO and Ocho working on what their celebrations will be each week I am disgusted. Its rehearsed and planned, and indicates they spend far too much time on this nonsense.

Agree with the first part, and I know I probably do that at times.

Totally disagree with the last part. As more and more players do this taco (all the childish celebrating often over plays that were not that big) fans who want to watch football will continue to enjoy the game less. Others who seem to enjoy highlights and celebrations more than the actual game will get what they want.

When I started reading aobut guys like TO and Ocho working on what their celebrations will be each week I am disgusted. Its rehearsed and planned, and indicates they spend far too much time on this nonsense.

Ya know, if this was college and they were allowed to do silly celebrations like that, I'd feel a lot differently about them placing their own spectacle above the team.... But I guess I've just gotten used to the fact that the NFL has become much more of a game of individual accomplishments, in part due to the rise in popularity of FF, that I've just learned to ignore it... If you can hit pay dirt versus the best athletes in the world, especially like TO or Ocho in their prime, then yes I'm going think you're a jackass, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much. It is what it is...

Making fun of Plaxico is one thing, but celebrating to the point of costing your team a penalty is dumb. Once he "crashed the jet" and went to the ground, he affected his entire team. That was dumb as hell.

Now if "going to the ground" is a penalty, is "Tebowing" a penalty once he takes a knee and "goes to the ground"? :wacko:

I think the next time Vick throws an INT, the defender should get down on all fours and start yelping like a pitbull in a rape cage. That would be funny too, right?

Right?

C'mon Rovers . . . you are comparing dogfighting with a dumbass like Plaxico shooting himself with an unlicensed gun? Would you really care if he wasnt on the J-E-T-S?

:wacko:

It was dumb and childish of Steve Johnson to go after Plax personally, but it sure doesnt compare to your Vick scenario.

I think the next time Vick throws an INT, the defender should get down on all fours and start yelping like a pitbull in a rape cage. That would be funny too, right?

Right?

I kinda saw this coming when I said that Plax was deserving of ridicule, but the main difference is that Vick's crimes did actually end up hurting others beside himself. Had Plax actually accidentally shot and killed someone else, then just the same it would have been off-limits for being a sore subject that doesn't need to be thrown in the face of the victims and sympathizers.

As it stands, the only victim there was his own stupid self, and so it was a matter of being a negligent idiot that COULD have killed someone. So while both are deserving of ridicule, the difference is that one is easy to laugh at because it turned out no harm no foul, other than he opened himself up to this type of mockery and criticism that he got.

C'mon Rovers . . . you are comparing dogfighting with a dumbass like Plaxico shooting himself with an unlicensed gun? Would you really care if he wasnt on the J-E-T-S?

:wacko:

It was dumb and childish of Steve Johnson to go after Plax personally, but it sure doesnt compare to your Vick scenario.

Have to agree with this. Plax = dumbass. Vick = filthy dog killing and torturing POS.

:wacko: I don't think it's alright. It was selfish and stupid. And funny.

Can't it be both?

It should also be noted, he did not get the penalty for the dance, or for mock shooting himself in the thigh. He got the penalty for falling to the ground afterwards.

This is where I am on it. I found it to be hilarious but can agree that it wasn't an intelligent move on Stevie's part - he took it a little too far. I had a bigger issue with him dropping that pass than for getting the 15 yard penalty. Stevie has done some good things in the area and I think he is genuinely a good person. He certainly has some growing up to do though.

Edited by Piles

Don't have this year's numbers, but this list shows those per-player amounts

So, if his self indulgence can truly be said to have cost them the game, and if that keeps them out of the playoffs; he cost his team mates one million dollars. Now divided between them that may not be much for the stars, but for some guys that is significant coin. That is quite an indulgence he undertook. Frankly he needs his ass kicked by his team mates.

So, if his self indulgence can truly be said to have cost them the game, and if that keeps them out of the playoffs; he cost his team mates one million dollars. Now divided between them that may not be much for the stars, but for some guys that is significant coin. That is quite an indulgence he undertook. Frankly he needs his ass kicked by his team mates.

I am curious to know if you watched the game? Stevie gets the 15 yard penalty and then on the kickoff the kicker tries to squib kick it and whiffs. The ball goes about 15 yards and the Jets take possession at the Bills 36 yard line. I realize you don't like what Stevie did and I can appreciate that. However, I think it is a real stretch to say those 15 yards cost them the game. I think it is a much more reasonable to question whether the drop cost them the game then the silly 15 yards. The Bills weren't making the playoffs even if they won the game. This team has a lot of holes and injuries. They will be lucky to get to 7-9.

I am curious to know if you watched the game? Stevie gets the 15 yard penalty and then on the kickoff the kicker tries to squib kick it and whiffs. The ball goes about 15 yards and the Jets take possession at the Bills 36 yard line. I realize you don't like what Stevie did and I can appreciate that. However, I think it is a real stretch to say those 15 yards cost them the game. I think it is a much more reasonable to question whether the drop cost them the game then the silly 15 yards. The Bills weren't making the playoffs even if they won the game. This team has a lot of holes and injuries. They will be lucky to get to 7-9.

Which would be the point of me prefacing my remarks with two "ifs". They are both speculative assumptions. Neither is established.

Which would be the point of me prefacing my remarks with two "ifs". They are both speculative assumptions. Neither is established.

Correct. However, it is possible to speculate in a fairly reasonable manner.

E2A: If you believe it is a reasonable to speculate that those 15 yards cost the Bills the game and a playoff spot then who am I to argue.

Edited by Piles

"because one of the idiot receivers on the opposing team actually shot himself in the thigh at a New York night club."

that's parenting right there folks. give it em to straight, let them make their own decisions.

edit: clarity. yes....clarity, for a sentence with 5 words with 3 letters or less. sigh.

Edited by LooGie