[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decker believers?

TF4

I'm starting to notice a pattern here, in my third year:

So far, this site is 3 for 3 in having some random person, now in all three years I've been here, post how the Huddle sucks and cost them this-that-and-the-other. And the same topics get brought up. The same "arguments" made.

Hindsight, as the cliche goes, is always 20/20... and we're just seeing a microcosm of society today in which nobody is to blame for their own mess-ups.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to notice a pattern here, in my third year:

So far, this site is 3 for 3 in having some random person, now in all three years I've been here, post how the Huddle sucks and cost them this-that-and-the-other. And the same topics get brought up. The same "arguments" made.

Hindsight, as the cliche goes, is always 20/20... and we're just seeing a microcosm of society today in which nobody is to blame for their own mess-ups.

Correct

Mommy and Daddy will fix it for you. And if that doesn't work, get a good lawyer

The New York Times ran an article in the off season where they rated dozens (not sure exactly how many, but at least 60-70) FF sites and individual FF columnists/experts on sucess in start/sit advice from all of last year. This included ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, all of the major sites. The interesting thing is that the very best ranked FF prognosticaters came in at about 65%, with the low end just below 50%, and the average in the mid to high 50's.

Knowing that, you have to realize that you can't expect an extremely high level of accuracy from anyone, the Huddle included. Why?? Same reason that the best professional gamblers in the world fare about the same with their winning percentages on betting. Because it's hard!!! Tons of variables come into play, the games are played on the field, not on paper! It's really rather silly to expect anything different. As others have said, take everything you know, including what The Huddle says, and make your best decision.

I'm a first year subscriber here, and I find that the Huddle is more accurate than most other sites on start/sit rankings, AND I get more articles including valuable foresight than anywhere else. But one of the most valuable features is this forum. Some of the subscribers here are unbelievable, many true FF experts in their own right.

Edited by SecondString

I don't think you'll ever find any sources that will tell you to start a receiver in an offense in which the most possible passing yards in a game might be around 175 and with Tebow throwing. It's such a gamble to start Decker, especially when it's not even for sure that a passing Touchdown will happen.

The Huddle had neither Mike Williams or Shonn Greene ranked ahead of McCoy.

Sounds like you just suck at this game and are looking for someone to blame.

There are certainly times when I don't agree with the Huddle. And you know what I do when that happens? I ignore their advice. It's really that simple. Once you realize that neither these guys nor any other website can actually predict the future, the easier it gets.

Guys look at DMD gave so and so 80 yards and a TD and get pissed if that doesn't happen. Are you freaking kidding me? Read the breakdown, that's where the info is. The start/bench list is one man's opinion. That's it. One guy.

As far as Decker is concerned, everyone is oddly down on him, and I don't know why. Yahoo hates the guy. We use that site in the league I have him in and, every week, they project him to be my worst WR. But for the year (and even the last month), he's around top 20 overall. So this isn't a Huddle thing, this is guys being freaked out about starting a WR on a team who's QB typically completes less than 10 balls per game. It just so happens that a few always go to Decker and one of them is usually for a TD.

Why would I lie about this, seriously. I really don't care what you believe I was the one who drafted using the sheets and next season I will go in with my gut instead of the sheet telling me what to do. It really doesn't matter but don't tell me I am wrong when I know what I printed. If I could find the damn sheets I printed I would but they were probably thrown away long ago. I won three years ago based on an excellent draft by the same sites sheets so get off your high horse I was simply stating some fact that the last two years have been really bad as far as the ratings on drafted players.

The New York Times ran an article in the off season where they rated dozens (not sure exactly how many, but at least 60-70) FF sites and individual FF columnists/experts on sucess in start/sit advice from all of last year. This included ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, all of the major sites. The interesting thing is that the very best ranked FF prognosticaters came in at about 65%, with the low end just below 50%, and the average in the mid to high 50's.

Knowing that, you have to realize that you can't expect an extremely high level of accuracy from anyone, the Huddle included. Why?? Same reason that the best professional gamblers in the world fare about the same with their winning percentages on betting. Because it's hard!!! Tons of variables come into play, the games are played on the field, not on paper! It's really rather silly to expect anything different. As others have said, take everything you know, including what The Huddle says, and make your best decision.

I'm a first year subscriber here, and I find that the Huddle is more accurate than most other sites on start/sit rankings, AND I get more articles including valuable foresight than anywhere else. But one of the most valuable features is this forum. Some of the subscribers here are unbelievable, many true FF experts in their own right.

Please, CBS and ESPN's fantasy information is a friggen joke. Do you think i am going to listen to some chick named Stofania Bell or whatever her name is? This site is head and shoulder's above those sites but I EXPECT it to be, it's not FREE! I may try some sites next year I may be back who knows! That's the neat thing about capitalism my money is my vote!

Please, CBS and ESPN's fantasy information is a friggen joke. Do you think i am going to listen to some chick named Stofania Bell or whatever her name is? This site is head and shoulder's above those sites but I EXPECT it to be, it's not FREE! I may try some sites next year I may be back who knows! That's the neat thing about capitalism my money is my vote!

You can try my Madden pick system. The first few years of playing FF, I would get the new copy of Madden Football. I would run seasons making a few changes for recent moves/injuries. I would simulate 20 seasons and use the stats as my cheat sheet. I gotta say is worked quite well. Of course, there is an investement and you need to keep up with the new gaming systems. I decided the Huddle was cheaper. :wacko:

You can try my Madden pick system. The first few years of playing FF, I would get the new copy of Madden Football. I would run seasons making a few changes for recent moves/injuries. I would simulate 20 seasons and use the stats as my cheat sheet. I gotta say is worked quite well. Of course, there is an investement and you need to keep up with the new gaming systems. I decided the Huddle was cheaper. :wacko:

That's not a bad idea! My kids trick out the Browns players stats though to win so I would probably end up with the entire Browns squad on my top 10 LOL!

Yeah, your $$ is your vote, all I'm saying is if you're expecting to be able to pay a few bucks and click on a site and get the right answer every time as far as predicting the future, you're chasing rainbows pal. And Stephania Bell is the injury expert, that's all, so you're showing some ignorance there. And my post said 50-70+ sites, so you pick one name and use that to refute the comment...c'mon. Anybody who has done this hobby for any length of time realizes that you've gotta get as much info as you can from the best sources possible, and then make your best decisions from there. Doesn't always work out. If you desperately need a scapegoat, maybe you should just try coin flips from now on, then you can blame the coin for your failures.

Edited by SecondString

I can guarantee you he was ranked higher at the time of my draft by exactly one position because I debated that pick for the entire two minutes. The guy just after me took him after I took Greene basically a hunch the huddle had it right because I though Jets would be better this year. but McCoy is by far a much better player and Greene shouldnt have even been in the top 20. Hindsight.

:wacko:

Might wanna read the rest of the post, it's really quite relevant to your original whiny-ass post.

....looking for somebody to blame because he lost...expects to pay a few bucks and get correct advice 100% of the time....needs his diaper changed....enough said. Man, you should move on, you're really getting nowhere here and just making a spectacle of yourself. It's embarrasing for you.

Why would I lie about this, seriously. I really don't care what you believe I was the one who drafted using the sheets and next season I will go in with my gut instead of the sheet telling me what to do. It really doesn't matter but don't tell me I am wrong when I know what I printed. If I could find the damn sheets I printed I would but they were probably thrown away long ago. I won three years ago based on an excellent draft by the same sites sheets so get off your high horse I was simply stating some fact that the last two years have been really bad as far as the ratings on drafted players.

I'm not saying that you're lying, I'm just saying you're wrong.

And, for the record, I realize that McCoy was ranked higher in PPR than he was in non-PPR leagues. But that explains a spread from maybe #5 to #10 overall. Something like that. But here's the thing, Greene wasn't anywhere near that. Greene was maybe #20 overall, but I think worse than that. And there's no shortage of guys here who'll confirm that.

Edited by detlef

I'm not saying that you're lying, I'm just saying you're wrong.

And, for the record, I realize that McCoy was ranked higher in PPR than he was in non-PPR leagues. But that explains a spread from maybe #5 to #10 overall. Something like that. But here's the thing, Greene wasn't anywhere near that. Greene was maybe #20 overall, but I think worse than that. And there's no shortage of guys here who'll confirm that.

Depends on what type of scoring your league uses (somewhat). Mine's non-PPR, and Greene was never listed above McCoy on any of my cheatsheets from The Huddle. From 8/21 - 9/6, McCoy never fell below 10, and Greene never got above 20. If I could figure out a way to post the spreadsheet with their top 200 from that timeframe, I would.

Depends on what type of scoring your league uses (somewhat). Mine's non-PPR, and Greene was never listed above McCoy on any of my cheatsheets from The Huddle. From 8/21 - 9/6, McCoy never fell below 10, and Greene never got above 20. If I could figure out a way to post the spreadsheet with their top 200 from that timeframe, I would.

That's my point, I don't think it does. Based on the spread between those two, I can't fathom any scoring system that would favor Greene over McCoy based on what the Huddle had projected for them.

ETA: The closest I found was the Huddle's Auction cheat sheet because I pasted it into an Excel file so I could plug the % into the salary cap for the league I was in. Mind you, I just used this as a value guide more than anything else. Regardless, they had McCoy as the 7th RB and Greene as the 14th. In terms of overall positions, they had McCoy as the 10th highest bid and Greene 26th.

Edited by detlef

That's my point, I don't think it does. Based on the spread between those two, I can't fathom any scoring system that would favor Greene over McCoy based on what the Huddle had projected for them.

Same language, yet misunderstanding. :tup: I meant "depends on how big the spread is between the two", based on scoring. I would presume McCoy would be further ahead in projections in a PPR format. I think we're on the same side here. Still working on only my second :wacko: this morning...

I didn't say it sucks, read the post before commenting please.

No you didn't say it sucks, you said

"Ok out of the last 5 weeks decker has caught a TD in each but one. When will the huddle finally tell me to start him I've left him on the bench for Brown this week who they said would have 70 and a TD. This season has been very poor at predicting stats. I've been a subscriber for 4 years but after this one I think I'm done. "

Not really a glowing endorsement though either. I've only been on the forums for a short time, but have been lurking for years and using the huddle on and off for years. Every week there is somebody in a thread or commenting on an article complaining about how the Huddle isn't any good. It gets old. If you're not happy don't join again next year. But starting a thread to complain "when will the huddle finally tell me to start so-and so" is just lame. They don't tell you who to start, they give you information and recommendations. YOU decide who to start.