[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A New Penalty Proposal

lkirc

I propose a new penalty in the NFL.

If an offensive receiver gets up after a play and makes a penalty flag throwing motion, this will be considered a delay of game and will be penalized as such. If there was pass interference on the play, the delay of game penalty will offset the pass interference and the down will be replayed.

I would venture a guess that 80% of incomplete passes are followed up by a receiver begging for a flag. It looks like soccer to me. Now the QBs are doing it from the ground after a play they cannot even see.

Let the players play and let the referees call the penalties.

:wacko:

And how about a penalty when the ofifcials are huddled trying to make a decision and players from one or both teams keep hounding them, trying to get close and plead their case even as the ofifcials invovled are walking away and other ofifcials are trying to keep the the players away.

And how about penalties when the coaches or other players on the sideline whine and complain about a call? Or the QB is asking for a late hit, PI or other call to bail his team out?

Or we could just allow the refs to bitch slap the players when they act luck a bunch of little crying babies.

I can't believe what punks players have devolved into. Players dancing after making a tackle? Woofing at a guy after you headbutted him and made a loud noise? (Seriously dude, you headbutted him - with the most well-protected body part in all of sports - get over it.) The first down sign after a normal catch? I mean seriously, if it's a catch that _I_ can make, you shouldn't be celebrating. The complaining is absolutely atrocious. It's like any time a player nearly makes a play but doesn't - missed tackle, near sack, pass not caught, throw not hitting a receiver in the numbers - someone is crying for a flag. Coaches are getting worse too. This weekend was my first "wow, I really am starting to dislike watching this game" moment, and I had it a lot.

Edited by flemingd

The refs should be given taser guns. If a player whines, they get tasered. It would be fun to watch and could be expanded to taser a player if he signals first down, dances after making a tackle, the "our ball" first down signals after a fumble and the Tebow kneel.

The refs should be given taser guns. If a player whines, they get tasered. It would be fun to watch and could be expanded to taser a player if he signals first down, dances after making a tackle, the "our ball" first down signals after a fumble and the Tebow kneel.

Now we are talking. And in turn, after the game, they should get tasered by the league for each blatant missed or bad call they make.

I can't believe what punks players have devolved into. Players dancing after making a tackle? Woofing at a guy after you headbutted him and made a loud noise? (Seriously dude, you headbutted him - with the most well-protected body part in all of sports - get over it.) The first down sign after a normal catch? I mean seriously, if it's a catch that _I_ can make, you shouldn't be celebrating. The complaining is absolutely atrocious. It's like any time a player nearly makes a play but doesn't - missed tackle, near sack, pass not caught, throw not hitting a receiver in the numbers - someone is crying for a flag. Coaches are getting worse too. This weekend was my first "wow, I really am starting to dislike watching this game" moment, and I had it a lot.

Difficult to dissent from this. What's more, I think the whiners might be winning too. I have noticed an awful lot of flags coming after the whiner has done the begging. Last night's game seemed to have a flag on every play, even though I suppose it was no more than average.

Edit: I'd start throwing the flag when coaches scream at officials. 15 yards would quickly shut them up.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

My brother and I were actually talking about shock collars for all players, and the refs have a little thing on the belt with 3 buttons to shock one side or the other or both. Any player on the field (or within X feet of the official) gets a shock.

Lol, who doesn't love a bit of slavery?! :tup:

Yeah because they used electric shock collars in slavery :wacko:

I'm sure you'd rather watch these giant players try to push their way into a discussion of the officials and intimidate them into siding with them.

They have no respect for authority, whether that be the refs, their coaches, or anybody else.

Wow, people really need to stop worrying about such insignificant things like celebrations and bickering... It's just like the Stevie Johnson thread, making a big deal out of nothing... The'yre pumped up during the game and act like jackasses some times because of it. Big freaking deal.

It's all so inconsequential to the game at hand, that it's far easier to just shrug it off, laugh at the jackasses and move on, than to fixate on what they decide to do after the play... Who cares, they can do whatever they want (within reason) as long as they continue to brutalize eachother for our entertainment.

I just think it is ghey to act like you are throwing a penalty flag after you fail to make a catch.......every freakin' time!

Not the end of the world and I am not fixating onit. I just think it should be banned.......

I just think it is ghey to act like you are throwing a penalty flag after you fail to make a catch.......every freakin' time!

Not the end of the world and I am not fixating onit. I just think it should be banned.......

I agree, and didn't mean to say that about you or anyone in particular... It's just that since the lockout, there seems to be increased animosity towards those "overpaid ass-clowns" that people seem to be constantly looking for reasons to hate.... They're football players, for goodness sakes, so all I care about is if they can ball or not.

But I dunno that I really see this as that much different than a defense attorney lobbying to the judge trying to defend a clearly guilty party... Part of the game is drawing calls, whether they're bad or good ones, so if you can convince the ref to see it differently (in some cases justifiably so), I don't really see why they shouldn't try :wacko:

Wouldn't you also be preventing them from lobbying for legitimate calls? Some of the time they actually do have reason to be upset with a call.

I was watching the game last night pretty closely and must say the Saints receivers never made any sort of call for a penalty, even when it was close. They all seemed pretty classy (except Moore, who loves doing the over the top first down thing). I guess coaching can effect the way players behave. you listening, Mr. Schwartz?

And kudos to Cruz for not doing his little salsa dance while his team was getting spanked. At least he didn't on the first TD. I didn't see the second one.

I was watching the game last night pretty closely and must say the Saints receivers never made any sort of call for a penalty, even when it was close. They all seemed pretty classy (except Moore, who loves doing the over the top first down thing). I guess coaching can effect the way players behave. you listening, Mr. Schwartz?

And kudos to Cruz for not doing his little salsa dance while his team was getting spanked. At least he didn't on the first TD. I didn't see the second one.

Good point on Cruz not doing his dance, the announcers mentioned that too. When you're getting spanked it seems silly to celebrate for big plays.

If an offensive receiver gets up after a play and makes a penalty flag throwing motion, this will be considered a delay of game and will be penalized as such. If there was pass interference on the play, the delay of game penalty will offset the pass interference and the down will be replayed.

I would venture a guess that 80% of incomplete passes are followed up by a receiver begging for a flag. It looks like soccer to me. Now the QBs are doing it from the ground after a play they cannot even see.

Can you please add in a penalty for the receievr that makes the first down signal after a catch? Santonio is the worst. Stop it.

Packers take the cake for players asking for flags. Receivers, QB, linemen, its like a min wave each time the ball is thrown.

As for rules, well more like stats, how about the WR and QB get yardage credit on pass interference calls!

Agreed.

But this is far more soccer-like. Simpson should be suspended for two games.

The game is becomer softer at an exponential rate.

EDIT: Just saw the post immediately above. Its a link to the same clip.

Edited by Furd