[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts Actually Trying to Win, Now?

overworkedirish

With the #1 pick all but locked up, it's my opinion that the reality of an 0-16 season is setting in for Indy. I think they were legitimately trying to win that game against Carolina, but they're just too bad to do it.

Yes, I am a firm believer that the Colts have been limiting effort to guarantee the #1 draft spot. But now that it's pretty definitive, they're trying to look like they haven't been doing that all along, so that Luck won't pass over them citing their intentional losses and the Suck for Luck campaign. I call BS.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-pl...s-World-returns

wayne was in the quicksand and that move at the end was in slow mo. it was kinda sad watching the carolina defender miss that tackle live.. and somehow no one even appears from behind

I've watched alot of horrible games/seasons of the Panthers. This season might be one of the worst tackling wise.

With the #1 pick all but locked up, it's my opinion that the reality of an 0-16 season is setting in for Indy. I think they were legitimately trying to win that game against Carolina, but they're just too bad to do it.

Yes, I am a firm believer that the Colts have been limiting effort to guarantee the #1 draft spot. But now that it's pretty definitive, they're trying to look like they haven't been doing that all along, so that Luck won't pass over them citing their intentional losses and the Suck for Luck campaign. I call BS.

I do not buy players are limiting effort to guarantee the #1 pick. That just doesn't make sense to me. They are trying hard to win given each are fighting hard for their job or next contract.

The real problem is the Colts are just terrible. They lack team speed in all phases of the game, have no healthy NFL caliber QB on their roster, injuries and the defense is undersized.

The bottom fell out of this team and major changes are coming. They need new coaching real bad IMO to come in and clean house.

In short, they are losing because they are not a good team. They have plenty of former stars but very hard to find one pro bowl quality player on their active roster.

Luck will be a Colt unless a kings ransom is paid and it will be interesting what happens with Manning when and if he comes back. If his injury is not a career ending type I think there is better then fair chance he is with a new team next year like many aging stars dating back to Montana at the position.

Edited by Ice1

Agreed with Ice1: players and teams have too much pride to deliberately tank a season, and even if a few coaches and/or players tried such a scheme, the vast majority of personnel would probably double their efforts to win just for the sake of avoiding the ignominy of an 0-16 season. Also: even in the worst seasons the last few games can make a difference going into the next year; the strong finish by the Detroit Lions in 2010, for example, gave them some momentum into 2011.

Getting the golden ticket in the next years draft would certainly be great but most organizations and players are too proud to be okay with laying down. That said, the Colts have recognized the fact that they aren't getting what they need at QB and have named Orlovsky as the starter this week. Not sure that's an upgrade but it would be hard to be worse.

Getting the golden ticket in the next years draft would certainly be great but most organizations and players are too proud to be okay with laying down. That said, the Colts have recognized the fact that they aren't getting what they need at QB and have named Orlovsky as the starter this week. Not sure that's an upgrade but it would be hard to be worse.

When you turn to a QB that led the Lions to an 0-16 season as your savior, you are in big trouble.

So all these players are laying down to get the #1 pick.. What is the confidence rating that that particular player will still be with the Colts next year? If your team goes 0-16 I kinda figure management would clean house on 10-12 spots (now I have no idea who on the Colts have garunteed or just signed extensions that would basically exempt them from being let go or traded).. It would kinda suck to say " I played like taco so the team that cut me could get Andrew Luck"..

I did see Baldwin talk about playing with LUCK and said he was an uber-stud so maybe it IS all worth it..lol

Caldwell must go. I've been saying that for a couple years now.

A big portion of this season is that many of the players on the Colts roster are used to having Peyton Manning. It became painfully obvious that this team was going no where very early in the season. Many of them seem to feel (like us fans) that this is a "lost" season. If you're not an impending free agent, there's not much reason to give 100%.

Caldwell must go. I've been saying that for a couple years now.

I said it as soon as his promotion was announced. So was anyone with a clue.

Luck, who needs Luck..Orlovsky 30-37 353yrds 2TD 1INT

I said he was easily better than Painter from the start too. Not that that's saying much or he's great or anything. But yeah lol @ that late surge give them credit for making it interesting.

I said it as soon as his promotion was announced. So was anyone with a clue.

I said he was easily better than Painter from the start too. Not that that's saying much or he's great or anything. But yeah lol @ that late surge give them credit for making it interesting.

sarcasm, it was sarcasm