[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WOW

DMD

NE is favored by 21 points over the visiting Colts. Cannot remember seeing a 20+ point line though I am sure there has been.

Other oddity - 7 road teams are favored.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the Pats were 20+ point favorites 2-3 times during their undefeated season, and I think they actually covered a couple of those.

But I wouldn't touch it either.

Okay, I did some research and the Pats were favored by 20+ points three times in '07. They did not cover ANY of those games. There have also been 3 Superbowls with a spread of 20+ and only one of those favorites covered.

So in the 6 examples I found only one 20 point plus favorite covered.

Okay, I did some research and the Pats were favored by 20+ points three times in '07. They did not cover ANY of those games. There have also been 3 Superbowls with a spread of 20+ and only one of those favorites covered.

Thus demonstrating yet again why the number of poor bookies is very low.

In 07 the Pats started off RED hot, only to fizzle out gradually down the stretch before finally losing in the Superbowl. And any spread on a Superbowl that is 20+ is f-ing stupid, talk about disrespecting a team that was good enough to become conference champion and make it all the way to the big game.

I can't imagine the Pats don't cover the spread this week. The Colts are as soft as an NFL team gets, and the Pats and B.B. aren't known for taking days off.

Edited by Crazysight

In 07 the Pats started off RED hot, only to fizzle out gradually down the stretch before finally losing in the Superbowl. And any spread on a Superbowl that is 20+ is f-ing stupid, talk about disrespecting a team that was good enough to become conference champion and make it all the way to the big game.

I can't imagine the Pats don't cover the spread this week. The Colts are as soft as an NFL team gets, and the Pats and B.B. aren't known for taking days off.

an early, preliminary look, and I got it something like NE 38 IND 17. ugh, figures.

haha - you have got to be kidding me? I doubt you have met a real life bookie - these guys are the biggest degenerate gamblers of all time and either gamble away far more than they won or blow it all on coke, hoors and cars.

now that being said, I just bet your paycheck on NE-21

good day sir

I'll take the over. Belicheck will never remove his hands from an opponent's throat.

With Brees throwing 5 TDs against the Giants this past week, Belichick's going to push until Brady throws six against the Colts. It's not the usual one-upping of Peyton he normally goes for, but he definitely wants everyone talking about his QBs game instead of any other QB.

Maybe I don't get what you are saying but why would you make that assumption off what rattsass wrote? If the majority of the money was on the underdog then the bookies lost - if the majority of the money was on NE to cover then they won.

I'll jump all over the Pats on this one. stomp stomp

Yeah I don't have the jack with which to gamble, but if I did I think I'd be on the Pats too.

I thought the Chiefs played them well for about a quarter, and then they stomped all over them. 34-3.

The Colts, with Orsucksky at QB, will be lucky to put up a couple FGs and a late garbage TD. 38-13 sounds about right.

IMO Belicheck will lose this game on purpose to make the Pats a wildcard in the playoffs. Teams will play them soft, maybe leading to another Superbowl appearance, but not a win.

I just woke up. This hurts my head. I am going back to sleep.