[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So you think you want Cowher to coach your team?

caddyman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

havent read the thread but you should credit the article you stole this from, especially if you are just going to post the article in entirety

Maybe you should read the thread then. thanks for the lecture. Some of you guys are dense. Already apologized for my error. Good lord. Don't you have anything better to do than make a fool of yourself?

Maybe you should read the thread then. thanks for the lecture. Some of you guys are dense. Already apologized for my error. Good lord. Don't you have anything better to do than make a fool of yourself?

Happens all the time, somebody reads part of a thread and responds before checking if there have been similar answers/posts.

You could go back and edit the first post and cite the source, then it might prevent more people from piling on. :wacko:

There are some crimes so horrible, that a simple apology won't do.

Happens all the time, somebody reads part of a thread and responds before checking if there have been similar answers/posts.

You could go back and edit the first post and cite the source, then it might prevent more people from piling on. :wacko:

Like how I didn't see this post

My one hugh gripe with Cowher was his total lack of ability to take care of the clock. He was a guy that should have hired some 9th grade girl just to keep track of the clock. He screwed up many times over the clock management. Or mis-management.

He must have had some major magic in the motivational area. Overall, he decisions was the thing that always had me wondering about him. I was not terribly upset to see him go but I also knew that we could have done a whole lot worse.

My one hugh gripe with Cowher was his total lack of ability to take care of the clock. He was a guy that should have hired some 9th grade girl just to keep track of the clock. He screwed up many times over the clock management. Or mis-management.

He must have had some major magic in the motivational area. Overall, he decisions was the thing that always had me wondering about him. I was not terribly upset to see him go but I also knew that we could have done a whole lot worse.

Actually that is an issue for more coaches than you think. I have always wanted to teach a class on that. So many coaches don't think ahead regarding the clock. I remember sitting at Heinz field watching Wanny down by three scores with 11 minutes to go and taking the clock down to 5 seconds before the snap. Tomlin makes a bunch of those erros too. Basic stuff you would think.

Actually that is an issue for more coaches than you think. I have always wanted to teach a class on that. So many coaches don't think ahead regarding the clock. I remember sitting at Heinz field watching Wanny down by three scores with 11 minutes to go and taking the clock down to 5 seconds before the snap. Tomlin makes a bunch of those erros too. Basic stuff you would think.

to me, I am in no way surprised at this. in fact, one of the things i think would be the hardest to manage, is the damn clock. i would think you just..forget. Hell even when i play Madden, I've got 2 minutes left and next thing i'm in the redzone and time runs out with 2 time outs left. Granted, that's slightly more retarded than most..but hell, i'm sitting on a couch playing a video game and i can't watch the clock. I couldn't even imagine trying it while i'm coaching a football game.

to me, I am in no way surprised at this. in fact, one of the things i think would be the hardest to manage, is the damn clock. i would think you just..forget. Hell even when i play Madden, I've got 2 minutes left and next thing i'm in the redzone and time runs out with 2 time outs left. Granted, that's slightly more retarded than most..but hell, i'm sitting on a couch playing a video game and i can't watch the clock. I couldn't even imagine trying it while i'm coaching a football game.

Disagree...It's a highly important part of the game. The good cerebral coaches use it to their advantage(Harbaugh-SF, Peyton-NO, McCarthy-GB) and the tough guy coaches seem to overlook it.

i said i didn't read the thread, so obviously i dont care if you apologized or not. its pretty foolish to make a thread and present something as your own when everyone who read it knows its not. perhaps you shouldn't toss that word around so lightly

i said i didn't read the thread, so obviously i dont care if you apologized or not. its pretty foolish to make a thread and present something as your own when everyone who read it knows its not. perhaps you shouldn't toss that word around so lightly

Dude...I NEVER PRESENTED IT AS MY OWN. STOP. PLEASE STOP. GET A LIFE.

Maybe he should have done what Herman Edwards did. Hire Dick Curl to do nothing other than manage the clock. BTW, apparently, Curl did not own a watch either.

Dude...I NEVER PRESENTED IT AS MY OWN. STOP. PLEASE STOP. GET A LIFE.

Ok its time to stop the bashing here. I never intended for my link post to be an "out" of Waterman. I never said he was a plagiarist. Me and Water don't get along for some reason and we got in a pissy. I was drunk and posted the link. Let it go. As much as we don't get along, I never like to see a Huddler getting bashed like this. And I'd like to add an apology to Waterman as well. Sorry dude, didn't mean for it to come to this. Good lord......he didn't write it...forgot to add a linky...no big deal. You Newbs need to understand how our pissing matches go.

As for Cowher, I'd love to see him come to SD and instill that defensive mindset we have lost in Turners tenure. There are still enough components here.....ok well maybe not. Still...anybody but Norv would be a godsend. Except Coughlin...can't stand him.

Ok its time to stop the bashing here. I never intended for my link post to be an "out" of Waterman. I never said he was a plagiarist. Me and Water don't get along for some reason and we got in a pissy. I was drunk and posted the link. Let it go. As much as we don't get along, I never like to see a Huddler getting bashed like this. And I'd like to add an apology to Waterman as well. Sorry dude, didn't mean for it to come to this. Good lord......he didn't write it...forgot to add a linky...no big deal. You Newbs need to understand how our pissing matches go.

As for Cowher, I'd love to see him come to SD and instill that defensive mindset we have lost in Turners tenure. There are still enough components here.....ok well maybe not. Still...anybody but Norv would be a godsend. Except Coughlin...can't stand him.

Waterman :wacko:

Thanks man...some dudes just can't let it go...