[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tablet Recommendations?

faceplant

I got an iPad last year for my wife and we love it, but as everyone knows it lacks flash player. I'm in some cbs sports and yahoo leagues which require you to refresh the page to get updates rather than the instantaneous updates that the flash player usually gives.

I know you need android 2.2 to get flash on a tablet, but I was wondering if any huddlers out there are currently using a tablet with flash player to track stats that are happy (or unhappy) with the one they bought.

Thanks in advance.

While Flash might be important to you in the near-term, it's days are numbered in the mobile space. Adobe no longer supports mobile Flash development (as of 11/9/11). That being said, you're at the mercy of sites like CBS Sports and Yahoo to update their sites using HTML5. Will their sites be updated by next season? Who knows. However, with the rising popularity of the iPad (doesn't support Flash) and other tablets that struggle with Flash, these sites have no choice but to convert or risk losing users to sites like ESPN (who supports real-time fantasy scoring updates on the iPad).

Jobs Was Right...

Edited by OptyCT

CBS and yahoo both have free apps that work great on my new android phone. I'm sure they'd be fine on a tablet. Didn't want to pay for the MFL one though so I just go to their website no my phone when I need to check a score.

While Flash might be important to you in the near-term, it's days are numbered in the mobile space. Adobe no longer supports mobile Flash development (as of 11/9/11). That being said, you're at the mercy of sites like CBS Sports and Yahoo to update their sites using HTML5. Will their sites be updated by next season? Who knows. However, with the rising popularity of the iPad (doesn't support Flash) and other tablets that struggle with Flash, these sites have no choice but to convert or risk losing users to sites like ESPN (who supports real-time fantasy scoring updates on the iPad).

Jobs Was Right...

Was going to post exactly this. Flash is dead in the water.

I use the MFL Gameday app for my IPad.

It is much easier to hold an Ipad than a laptop or a desktop to see how the scores go during the day.

I like the app, but it will never replace the computer as far as setting your lineup or picking up free agents.

For Live scoring, the Ipad is the preferred weapon of choice in my house.

Edited by MikesVikes

android tablet is the only way to go. anyone that says ipad has either a) never used android for longer than 10 seconds :wacko: is a fanboy apple homer or c) is trolling

i dont make blanket statements llike this often, but i can promise you, the benefits of an android tablet (samsung is very good) so far outweigh anything..and i mean ANYTHING apple can, has and will put out makes it a no brainer.

I've tested, tried, used, and have customers that use iphones/ipads. my sisters boyfriend sells them, so naturally she thinks they're end all be all. I just let it slide. trust me, you will never be more happy than as an android power user.

Dude, I have been here long enough to know that you most assuredly do. :wacko:

dude, you're an idiot like everyone else!

:tup:

in fact, if i cared, and if i thought you cared enough to do it, i'd have you go back and find my blanket statements. again, i'm quite neither of us care, so i'll just say, "no, u"

dude, you're an idiot like everyone else!

:tup:

in fact, if i cared, and if i thought you cared enough to do it, i'd have you go back and find my blanket statements. again, i'm quite neither of us care, so i'll just say, "no, u"

Dude, the guy says that he has an Ipad. He didn't say he had an android tablet. He wasn't asking which one he should buy. :wacko:

android tablet is the only way to go. anyone that says ipad has either a) never used android for longer than 10 seconds :wacko: is a fanboy apple homer or c) is trolling

i dont make blanket statements llike this often, but i can promise you, the benefits of an android tablet (samsung is very good) so far outweigh anything..and i mean ANYTHING apple can, has and will put out makes it a no brainer.

I've tested, tried, used, and have customers that use iphones/ipads. my sisters boyfriend sells them, so naturally she thinks they're end all be all. I just let it slide. trust me, you will never be more happy than as an android power user.

I own a EVO 4G and an iPhone 4, and quite frankly, I feel like the iPhone 4 is a more reliable internet device. Granted, a lot of that may have to do with my service providers (AT&T for iPhone and Sprint for Droid), but there just seems to be a lag / bugginess to Droid that I don't care for. There are times when I hit the home button and the browser just crashes so I have to re-open whatever windows I have. And the battery life differences are noticably in Apple's favor as well. I'd be interested to hear more specific advantages to an Android tablet rather than just generic "it's way better than the iPad in every way imaginable" talk. Because at the moment, I'm not sold on Droid > iOS.

Dude, the guy says that he has an Ipad. He didn't say he had an android tablet. He wasn't asking which one he should buy. :wacko:

I know you need android 2.2 to get flash on a tablet, but I was wondering if any huddlers out there are currently using a tablet with flash player to track stats that are happy (or unhappy) with the one they bought.

Thanks in advance.

care to retract? He did not ask about apps, he asked if people are happy with the tablet they bought, and the title of the thread is Tablet Recommendations.

God, i'm know i've been away for a long time, but the amount people like to piss at each other, clearly went up, and now clearly outranks the amount people like to read and offer insightful replies.

that saddens me.

edit: to actually get the quote and first post..just making sure i was right. yup, still right.

Edited by LooGie